Pre-Game Talk: Decisions decision decisions

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Don't know if we can move away from the Nuclear option just yet, to see how Pickard holds up.

Hoping he doesn't blow 3-goal leads, or let in 4 goals on 16 shots.
Only reason I wouldn't split them is if Draisaitl is still too banged up for pivot duties. Game 1 should have been won without the shitty goaltending and model of stretching their two elites to drive offence. Pickard just needs to be average. With average goaltending the Oilers quite likely lead the series. There is risk but Skinner's work has made it necessary.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I would change it up a lot. McLeod is creating nothing offensively at center, I would move him to the wing, especially if Henrique can play. If Draisaitl can play 25 or 30 miinutes, he can probably run his own line. Let McLeod do the skating.

RNH - McDavid - Hyman
McLeod - Draisaitl - Foegele
Kane - Henrique - Gagner
Janmark - Ryan - Perry

I would put Carrick at center on the 4th line if Henrique cannot play. Maybe Gagner can add a spark to the bottom 6 offensively.

Pickard in net.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
All I see in that bottom nine is a black hole of suck. Just completely devoid of offense yet again.

At least Holland will be gone soon.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
All I see in that bottom nine is a black hole of suck. Just completely devoid of offense yet again.

At least Holland will be gone soon.
Yet you don’t see bad goaltending.
giphy.gif

Superboy780

Jan 30, 2020
Agreed with splitting up McDrai. Was disappointed that Knob went straight to the nuclear option at the start of the game. Simply not sustainable to have those guys playing so many minutes.
Drai seems fine enough to be on his own now and even if you don't want him with the center responsibilities, you can have RNH play second line centre and have Drai on his wing.
In my opinion, the reason the other top 6 players aren't doing well is they were used to playing with one of McDrai throughout most of the regular season and so they are used to those two driving the offense. We already know RNH and Kane can't drive lines on their own.
I would much rather have two pretty good lines and two average lines, rather than one nuclear line and three poor lines.
To me, this is a bigger and more important change to the lineup rather than the goaltending (but I would still sit Stu).

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
If that Zadorov crosscheck is a legal play in the NHL's eyes then game the f*** on! Except, any Oiler that did that would be gone a minimum of 2 games.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Did anyone say Holland shouldn’t be criticized?

No we’re talking about Skinner right now. A player you refuse to admit has been bad.
He has been bad. I’m also saying there are other issues. The terrible defense and lack of depth scoring are also hurting this team.

Oh and our coach is getting his show run too.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I’m just mentally preparing for the worst and hoping for the best

Pickard has to be in. If Knob doesn’t he can go to Woodcroft island

I would split up Mcdrai. We need to get two lines that can score. I also wonder if you put Kane up with McDavid and Hyman. Let Kane maybe get some fire going after what happened to McD. He can patrol the ice.

Was Vinny hurt? He barely played the 3rd.

Also not sure how you keep Perry in. He literally does nothing…
I've been hard on Perry but it was his by far best game of playoffs. He was good in NZ and in Ozone. he was being a headache and flies on rice on pucks and created some turnover. He was for once dogged in his pursuit of pucks. For one game anyway Perry was doing what he's supposed to be able to do. That said I don't know he could play two decent games in a row now.

Reactions: iCanada and Ibanez

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Jack hasn't played in a couple weeks, It's gotta be Pickard. Let Jack back it up honestly, keep Skinner away
I'd be fine with not even seeing Skinner on the bench. Send a message. Absolute serial failure in playoff games is unacceptable. you brought nothing, you don't even get privilege's of sitting with team.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Shocked the league even bothers to talk to Soucy about that play, I still expect and Oiler to also be suspended, for "fairness"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad