Rumor: "Decision has been made" to trade or waive Trouba - Larry Brooks

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
I think it's in response to potentially adding DET to his NTC list knowing the rangers may have a deal in place.

Kind of saying to Trouba, if you sink this deal good luck where you end up.
Can players add teams to their NM list after
the contract is signed? I thought they could not. I can see him denying going to the Wings while his no trade to certain teams clause is still in effect? Maybe I am wrong

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Can players add teams to their NM list after
the contract is signed? I thought they could not. I can see him denying going to the Wings while his no trade to certain teams clause is still in effect? Maybe I am wrong
He didn't officially submit his list until today. The rangers were working on a deal knowing Detroit was a desired destination for him in the past.

Reactions: wings95

NYRfan85

D'oh!
Jun 2, 2020
South Carolina
The last two Rangers captains were traded to Tampa (Callahan and McDonagh), so it's no surprise to me that Trouba is being traded. Would be really funny if it was Tampa, but that's not happening.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
You'd think there would be a ton of interest around the league in Trouba.

I mean, just think of all the money the organization would save on travel costs... you don't need to have a seat for him on the plane, he just needs to stick his elbow out and fly from destination to destination.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
I want full chaos with this.

Rangers trade him to a rebuilding team.
Rebuilding team retain 50% and trade him to the Islanders or the Caps.
He breaks the record for hits in a game against the Rangers.

Reactions: Stony Curtis

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I’m basing of his reporting on the fact that he has no insiders and nothing close to a shred of truth on the trouba situation has been said. It’s all speculation to garner clicks.
I don’t like LB, but he’s been involved in the NHL for over 4 decades. He 100% most definitely has sources, whether you like it or not.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Welcome back to Winnipeg. I just want him back for the epic meltdowns. Not sure about the cap and if he fits what we need, but man I would buy his jersey to support his suffering :D

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Is he waiver eligible? Or can the Devils pick him up (just curious)?
He is waiver eligible as of today. His No Movement Clause became a No Trade Clause with a certain number of teams that he can block trades to, now that we are officially in the 2024/2025 season. Only a No Movement Clause blocks a team from putting you on waivers. No Trade Clause won't save you.

EDIT - 2024/2025 season. Not 2025/2026 season. :laugh:

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Dude doesn’t know what he’s talking about, he basically said bertuzzi isn’t a needle mover in the playoffs despite him being a PPG on the bruins in the playoffs and solid for the leafs.

Also that trade that is believed to be in “place” is pure speculation and not tied to any insiders.
He actually does. What does opinion on a player have to do with his sources? Lol

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Yours is better than mine :nod:

With Brooks miscue - advantage Red Wings…

1719836494462.jpeg

Nemec

Apr 5, 2009
He is waiver eligible as of today. His No Movement Clause became a No Trade Clause with a certain number of teams that he can block trades to, now that we are officially in the 2025/2026 season. Only a No Movement Clause blocks a team from putting you on waivers. No Trade Clause won't save you.
So the Rangers can put him on waivers and another team can pick him up? That's what you are saying? He is eligible for that type of movement?

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
He is waiver eligible as of today. His No Movement Clause became a No Trade Clause with a certain number of teams that he can block trades to, now that we are officially in the 2025/2026 season. Only a No Movement Clause blocks a team from putting you on waivers. No Trade Clause won't save you.
I believe it’s now the start of the 2024/2025 season unless I really slept in this morning.

Reactions: lanceuppercut75

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
But what team would pick Trouba off the waiver wire at $8M salary with 2 years remaining?

I get that NY is threatening to do this, but in reality, who would claim him off waivers?

NY can threaten to waive him all they want, but if nobody claims him, they are still stuck with him, no?

Reactions: NoelVilla

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
But what team would pick Trouba off the waiver wire at $8M salary with 2 years remaining?

I get that NY is threatening to do this, but in reality, who would claim him off waivers?

NY can threaten to waive him all they want, but if nobody claims him, they are still stuck with him, no?
Maybe the Rangers make a sneaky trade.

A team claims him and then the Rangers deal some compensation to them in a "weird" trade

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

Normally I'd assume that nobody would. But since this tends to be tinfoil hat season, I wonder if this was part of the future considerations in the Walman deal all along:

* Sharks claim Trouba
* Sharks trade Trouba to Detroit for Holl

The Wings would then only be taking on $4.6M AAV.

I dunno. It's a weird situation with Trouba, no matter how it all plays out.

Reactions: FMichael
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad