Post-Game Talk: Dec 2.: Cup vs Ducks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Unreal how no suspension was handed out after that Oshie slam.

It was intentional and dangerous IMO. Should have been a suspension.

Most people are far more likely to believe players when they say incidents like this are accidents. I just don't buy it. I think a lot of players (Tom Wilson included) are playing this game where they pretend to not be trying to do precisely the things that they are trying to do. I have an extraordinarily low tolerance for disingenuousness.

Reactions: BallardEra

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Just took a look at the standings and can't believe how bad the Pacific division is this season.

The only real .500 team in that division is the Flames.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006

Most people are far more likely to believe players when they say incidents like this are accidents. I just don't buy it. I think a lot of players (Tom Wilson included) are playing this game where they pretend to not be trying to do precisely the things that they are trying to do. I have an extraordinarily low tolerance for disingenuousness.

I agree. These guys know exactly what they’re doing, and know how to do something that can look very much like an accident, when it’s entirely deliberate. Some are better than others at it. Just like a pitcher in BB, they can put the ball anywhere they want to but every so often a pitch “gets away” from them.

It’s the opposite of the guys who know how to dive without looking like they’re diving.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017

Stop trolling Tom Wilson here.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
One thing is certain tho, the league has pretty much told the refs to call anything and everything on Tom Wilson. That game plenty was ludicrous. The goalie interference after scoring, his first game back I believe, was ludicrous. Expect this to happen all season.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I agree. These guys know exactly what they’re doing, and know how to do something that can look very much like an accident, when it’s entirely deliberate. Some are better than others at it. Just like a pitcher in BB, they can put the ball anywhere they want to but every so often a pitch “gets away” from them.

It’s the opposite of the guys who know how to dive without looking like they’re diving.

That's a great comparison. Notice a guy like Pedro Martinez - who had control that was so amazing he could still strike guys out after his velocity was gone - was leading MLB in hit batters some years. Now that's he's retired, he admits it - which is more honest than most guys are.

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
I remember how oshie looked for a while after his last concussion, and it was not good. This is pretty scary

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Really glad it’s an afternoon game because today’s slate of NFL games is garbage.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
That's a great comparison. Notice a guy like Pedro Martinez - who had control that was so amazing he could still strike guys out after his velocity was gone - was leading MLB in hit batters some years. Now that's he's retired, he admits it - which is more honest than most guys are.
Pitchers stand on the mound and plot their next move. They fuss. They fidget. They wind up. Baseball is ssssssllllloooowwww. Hockey is fast. I’m not saying guys don’t or can’t do things deliberately in hockey, but it’s much easier to believe that things happen unintentionally given the speed of the game. The most recent Wilson play shows exactly this. And the league, which is predisposed to agree with your view of Wilson, recognized that this was a nothing play.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
3 game road trip coming. They have to lose a game sometime. Probably not today. I expect we wont see Oshie for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad