Debrincat vs Fiala

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Debrincat or Fiala?

• Total voters

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
There's 5 guys on the ice and you play significant minutes with 10 or so players over the course of the season and that improved big time. His average 4 linemates on the ice at any time has improved significantly.

Giroux and stutzle may not be better than Kane individually, but together might be better as a line than Kane plus whoever was third wheel on that line.

I guess we'll see.

I think the key argument for this specific poll is that DeBrincats linemates (=Kane) have been exponentially better than what Fiala ever had in Minnesota (=4 months of Boldy and not much else)

Voted Debrincat, but it's somewhat close and I don't think we have seen the best Fiala has to offer yet.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Yes he does. 1.39 > 1.37 goals per 60 (over 3 seasons)

21/22:
Fiala: 1.37
Debrincat: 1.44

20/21:
Fiala: 1.42
Debrincat: 1.84

Debrincat's last two seasons he is the better goal scorer
and that isnt debatable

So to say "what's the argument for debrincat" and bring up goal scoring. The argument aint holding any weight.

Last edited:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
How is that “many quality chances” quantified? Does he year by year make his scrub C and sometimes scrub LW to score every single “quality” chance from him or something? Because otherwise he wouldn’t be a Top 10 and usually Top 5 guy in assists. That’s ridiculous. Even if you generate “few chances”, then who cares if you anyway is good enough for 50-60 assists?

Like seriously. If your evaluation is that Patty Kane is "just a good finisher, and doesn't create many quality chances" for his linemates, it's really time to put down the JFresh charts and watch some hockey.

Kane is a good finisher, but part of why he's such a good finisher is because he's such a dangerous playmaking threat. That keeps defenders and goaltenders on their toes at all times. He's an extremely well-rounded threat that creates offense in a wide variety of ways, and year after year, has grossly inflated scrub centers' offensive numbers. There's a point at which the trail of those guys becomes a pretty darn clear trend, and obviously not a coincidence.

As to the poll, i'd probably take Fiala i guess. I find him more fun to watch, and i think his skillset is probably a better fit with the Canucks situation. It's close enough between them overall, to where i think you can probably nitpick like that. But either would be fine.

Reactions: FrankSidebottom

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
21/22:
Fiala: 1.37
Debrincat: 1.44

20/21:
Fiala: 1.42
Debrincat: 1.84

Debrincat's last two seasons he is the better goal scorer
and that isnt debatable

So to say "what's the argument for debrincat" and bring up goal scoring. The argument aint holding any weight.
19/20:
Fiala: 1.40
DeBrincat 0.88

The 3rd season holds the least weight but it’s not completely irrelevant. If we’re weighing recent samples more heavily though Fiala is an even better point producer. I’d counter that even over 2 seasons Fiala is the better 5v5 goal scorer and that’s quite lopsided.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
DeBrincat is a high-end goalscorer. Scored over goal per game in his last OHL season, and broke 40 goals in the NHL already in his 2nd year.

He's got special ability to put the puck in the net and those don't grow on trees. If 2 guys are putting similar points I'm taking the goalscorer every time.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
19/20:
DeBrincat 0.88

The 3rd season holds the least weight but it’s not completely irrelevant. If we’re weighing recent samples more heavily though Fiala is an even better point producer. I’d counter that even over 2 seasons Fiala is the better 5v5 goal scorer and that’s quite lopsided.

I don’t think it holds any weight at all really. It was a year with an unsustainably terrible shooting percentage following a year that was in line with the past two. Seems like just variance and not really relevant to who he is.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
19/20:
DeBrincat 0.88

Lol, Maybe do some research before posting

DeBrincat 50 - 5 on 5 goals last 2 years
Fiala 42 - 5 on 5 goals last 2 years .

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
19/20:
DeBrincat 0.88

There isn’t an argument to say Fiala is the better goal scorer in all situations like your original claim

Plain and simple

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
Lol, Maybe do some research before posting

DeBrincat 50 - 5 on 5 goals last 2 years
Fiala 42 - 5 on 5 goals last 2 years .
1. 5 on 5 =/= Even Strength
2. All my other posts included claims about per minute. Why would I change it suddenly? Did you even read my posts before posting?
1.26 goals/60 vs 1.00 goals/60 is the difference I was referring to.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
1. 5 on 5 =/= Even Strength
2. All my other posts included claims about per minute. Why would I change it suddenly? Did you even read my posts before posting?
1.26 goals/60 vs 1.00 goals/60 is the difference I was referring to.
Because you said 5 on 5 goal scoring, and it was you that said 5 on 5 not even strength,
Fiala is the better 5v5 goal scorer

My bad I forgot Leaf posters only deal in per 60, didn’t get have my kreskin meter on.

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
There isn’t an argument to say Fiala is the better goal scorer in all situations like your original claim

Plain and simple
I said Fiala beat DeBrincat in goals per minute. That’s true over 3 seasons. Thanks for sharing other samples that add context but my original claim I was not wrong.

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
Because you said 5 on 5 goal scoring, and it was you that said 5 on 5 not even strength,
Fiala is the better 5v5 goal scorer

My bad I forgot Leaf posters only deal in per 60, didn’t get have my kreskin meter on.
Yes I said 5v5. My bad I will clarify /60 next time.

Actually 5v5 goals last 2 seasons:

DeBrincat: 34 (366 / 22% more minutes)
Fiala: 35

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad