Debrincat vs Fiala

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Debrincat or Fiala?

• Total voters

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I’m a fan of Fiala, but I voted Debrincat as the better player today.

If Fiala can have another PPG season, that would solidify him in my mind as the better player.

Reactions: jetsforever

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I’m a fan of Fiala, but I voted Debrincat as the better player today.

If Fiala can have another PPG season, that would solidify him in my mind as the better player.

One good thing about Fiala having a better season than Debrincat is Debrincat would be asinine to demand more than $1.25mill more than Fiala on his new contract.

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
Fiala was more productive despite 3 fewer minutes per game over 3 seasons and he’s on an upward trajectory. What’s the argument for DeBrincat? Fiala has him beat on goals per minute.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Fiala isnt as consistent as DeBrincat. Easily the Cat for now but Fiala has massive potential and could surpass him this year.

FrankSidebottom

Mar 16, 2021
Cat played with Kane both on PP and ES, while Fiala never was on the Kaprizov’s line, but over last two seasons he managed to put up comparable points. Cat’s performance without the HOF winger is yet to be seen

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Cat played with Kane both on PP and ES, while Fiala never was on the Kaprizov’s line, but over last two seasons he managed to put up comparable points. Cat’s performance without the HOF winger is yet to be seen

I mean...have you watched his last 2-3 games? Debrincat had a snipe yesterday...a couple snipes the game before. He's being set up by Giroux and stutzle right and left and center. He's getting lots of looks. His total quality of linemates will go up this year.

FrankSidebottom

Mar 16, 2021
I mean...have you watched his last 2-3 games? Debrincat had a snipe yesterday...a couple snipes the game before. He's being set up by Giroux and stutzle right and left and center. He's getting lots of looks. His total quality of linemates will go up this year.
Preseason games mean nothing and none of the Ottawa players is particularly close to Kane nor Chabot’s offence is better than Jones’

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Preseason games mean nothing and none of the Ottawa players is particularly close to Kane nor Chabot’s offence is better than Jones’

There's 5 guys on the ice and you play significant minutes with 10 or so players over the course of the season and that improved big time. His average 4 linemates on the ice at any time has improved significantly.

Giroux and stutzle may not be better than Kane individually, but together might be better as a line than Kane plus whoever was third wheel on that line.

I guess we'll see.

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

Kane is actually one of the worst players in the league in purely generating chances, he's just that gifted offensively. Debrincat's style thrives playing with players that generate a ton of chances like Giroux and Stutzle.

FrankSidebottom

Mar 16, 2021
Kane is actually one of the worst players in the league in purely generating chances, he's just that gifted offensively. Debrincat's style thrives playing with players that generate a ton of chances like Giroux and Stutzle.
Not a fan of Kane/Chicago, but any offense-related metric/stat having Kane not near the top, let alone putting him at the bottom, is a complete BS

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Not a fan of Kane/Chicago, but any offense-related metric/stat having Kane not near the top, let alone putting him at the bottom, is a complete BS

Kane is an elite finisher, but he doesn't actually produce that many quality chances.

1665002960328.png

• Haha
Reactions: JaegerDice and Crow

FrankSidebottom

Mar 16, 2021
Kane is an elite finisher, but he doesn't actually produce that many quality chances.

View attachment 591049
How is that “many quality chances” quantified? Does he year by year make his scrub C and sometimes scrub LW to score every single “quality” chance from him or something? Because otherwise he wouldn’t be a Top 10 and usually Top 5 guy in assists. That’s ridiculous. Even if you generate “few chances”, then who cares if you anyway is good enough for 50-60 assists?

Reactions: biturbo19

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'm a big Fiala fan and even though I'm a Sens fan I would l've take either this offseason. Now, I guess we'll see what happens this year.

Fiala plays a bit more flashier game and olds onto the puck more, Debrincat seems more reliable and complete as a player.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
How is that “many quality chances” quantified? Does he year by year make his scrub C and sometimes scrub LW to score every single “quality” chance from him or something? Because otherwise he wouldn’t be a Top 10 and usually Top 5 guy in assists. That’s ridiculous. Even if you generate “few chances”, then who cares if you anyway is good enough for 50-60 assists?

He's generally out-chanced and out-produced whenever he's on the ice.

He's gifted enough to consistently out-perform his own individual expected goal share, but the team as a whole suffers when he's on the ice. That's why the Blackhawks, when they were at their best, heavily sheltered him.

I'm not sure Debrincat is better than Fiala, but I do know as a Blackhawks fan, Cat was carrying Kane for the majority of last season, not vice versa.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Debrincat, but it's not like Fiala is chopped liver. I wanted him in Ottawa pretty bad before we got DBC.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Contract wise, LAK also have Fiala at a reasonable contract. Ottawa may have to give up Debrincat because he out prices himself from their salary cap constraints.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad