Rumor: DeAngelo to KHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Utah and Columbus don't want him anywhere near their young players.

Sorry but the fact is that NHL team care about character and they do give players first and sometimes second chances but TDA isn't really a good enough player or leader to be worth the headache.
I get that and its the right of the teams to not offer him a contract if they are concerned about his mouth or views. My comment was about him not being good enough which is not true, he has more talent than the bottom 4 defenders on bad teams. That was my point.

Also he is not a locker room cancer almost everyone of his former teammates will tell you he is a great teammates. They few that won't say that (Georgiev) were the issue not TDA.

At least one of Provorov or Severson could have, although it'd be a heavy competition.
I doubt it, their only chance would have been over Chatfield who was a favorite of RBA. Not a single coach in the league would have played them before Slavin, Burns, Skjei, Pesce, or Orlov.

Reactions: DaveG

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I doubt it, their only chance would have been over Chatfield who was a favorite of RBA. Not a single coach in the league would have played them before Slavin, Burns, Skjei, Pesce, or Orlov.
They'd be in the competition for it, at least. It's not guaranteed but it's not an open-and-shut case either.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
I'm not sure exactly what happened on the on-ice side but he fell off a cliff the last couple years and was already not exactly an elite defenseman.

His track record would probably be enough to get him one more shot if he was just a guy but he's got the off ice reputation

Reactions: MXD and mattihp

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
He is an exceptionally good hockey player. That's why he can make a living out of it. The NHL however is the best league there is.
He had a couple alright seasons, but I wouldn’t call him an exceptionally good hockey player. He was a one trick offensive pony that gave 0 effort

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
He had a couple alright seasons, but I wouldn’t call him an exceptionally good hockey player. He was a one trick offensive pony that gave 0 effort
I think very few people who played in the NHL weren't exceptional hockey players. Even Peter Worrell and Jason Strudwick looked fantastic next to career minor leaguers.

Only NHLer I can think who wasn't exceptional is Chris Dingman.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I think very few people who played in the NHL weren't exceptional hockey players. Even Peter Worrell and Jason Strudwick looked fantastic next to career minor leaguers.

Chris Dingman's junior numbers look absolutely solid, no? Had the same amount of points, in his WORST WHL season, as Travis Moen did in his BEST WHL season! (And that's despite Dingman playing somehting like 20 less games).

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site

I saw Worrell in a preseason game against the Whalers, that means he likely played another year of junior before he made it. He had trouble standing on his skates, he got knocked over by standard contact along the boards frequently. He looked like Bambi on ice. He was the worst skater I’d seen up to that point playing the level. Then he grabbed someone and beat the stuffing out of them while using them to stand up. I struggle to believe he looked fantastic in juniors or any other level.

Conversely I live in CO and met Dingman through a mutual friend a few times, so I paid a bit more attention to him than normally would’ve. He was a nice guy. He also looked great in warmups, he could snap a puck off the crossbar from 40 ft and was very much the player I think you were trying to make a point about. He could skate circles around Worrell. Almost all these guys are studs, even the fourth liners. Worrell was not imo, and he deserves a lot of credit for getting the skating good enough to play.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

We will have to agree to disagree, it seems we are looking at this from two different viewpoints

Reactions: mattihp

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
That's because of the most of the skilled European players have left the league since Russian invasion in Ukraine. Most foreigners in the league are now NA players who don't fit anywhere else.
Anywhere else meaning the NHL. They would absolutely fit any other Euro league or the AHL

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
Zero effort?? Certainly not the De Angelo we got in New York. The effort was there and he was often good, but questionable in his own zone.
Controlling his personality wasn’t something he had an interest in doing though. Maybe zero effort in that regard.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Zero effort?? Certainly not the De Angelo we got in New York. The effort was there and he was often good, but questionable in his own zone.
Controlling his personality wasn’t something he had an interest in doing though. Maybe zero effort in that regard.
Zero effort in changing his game, zero effort in the neutral/defensive end, zero effort to fix his image.

Nfumass

Oct 2, 2004
Ma
I will disagree on the “terrible person” moniker. He's certainly had some issues, but I haven’t seen a guy locked up for domestic violence or DWI. NFL players get locked up constantly and people forget it in a month. What has ADA done? With that said, his defensive play really leaves you wanting. I really do think he should have a Gustavsson type career.
The answer is who he likes politically.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014

Needless comment, this is an NHL forum. Tony is being compared to other NHL’ers and pros, not me and you.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium