Movies: Deadpool & Wolverine

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
But it's not a massive pile of shit though. It's arguably the best of the DP movies.

I will agree DP2 was mediocre.

But DP1 and DP3 are up there are some of the best. It didn't even feel like a parody at all when everything was genuine. Yes, DP always acts like that, breaking the 4th wall, wisecracking, et cetera

Listen if there was anything to criticize about the movie I would have criticized it. I am hardly a homer and that movie was the best movie I had seen in years. I was watching throughout saying "This is a damn good movie this is up there with Infinity War and Endgame" :laugh:
Mate no offense but holy f***ing yikes.

The first one is great and in the second it has some charm but it gets exhausting, the third is just flat out exhausting to watch.

This movie makes Trank's Fantastic 4 look like a masterpiece. And yes I know Deadpool, I read the comics from its inception and had for years. I know who Deadpool is and I'm a fan of the character. But the last 2 movies were just mediocre for me personally. But to claim it as being as good as some of the movies you mentioned is shitting all over those movies imo.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Mate no offense but holy f***ing yikes.

The first one is great and in the second it has some charm but it gets exhausting, the third is just flat out exhausting to watch.

This movie makes Trank's Fantastic 4 look like a masterpiece. And yes I know Deadpool, I read the comics from its inception and had for years. I know who Deadpool is and I'm a fan of the character. But the last 2 movies were just mediocre for me personally. But to claim it as being as good as some of the movies you mentioned is shitting all over those movies imo.
I'd be curious what makes you say this because the 3rd is miles above 2

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
I'll agree that the movie's plot and story are wonky and it's weakest point, but somehow it still works overall despite the story being all over the place, and the plot being a bit nonsensical, the way the characters bounce off each other somehow make up for it.

Reactions: John Price

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
$205M in NA and another $233 in the rest of the world for a $438M overall opening weekend.

Highest July opening weekend of all-time at domestic box office, surpassing The Lion King ($191.8M).

Marvel Cinematic Universe at 34 titles
and $30 billion is the highest grossing film franchise of all-time.

The 34th consecutive MCU release to debut #1 at the domestic box office.

Highest domestic opening weekend of 2024 and highest since Dec. 2021’s Spider-Man: No Way Home
($260.1M).

No. 8 highest opening domestic weekend of all time.

No. 5 highest Superhero opening weekend of all time
(behind Avengers: Endgame, Spider-Man: No Way Home, Avengers: Infinity War and The Avengers).

No. 2 highest Opening weekend for a third instalment of all time
(behind only Avengers: Endgame).

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
I actually liked Deadpool 2 better.

I'd rank them: 2, 3, 1.

D&W does a somewhat clever trick where it talks about the sex and drugs it showed in the previous movies but doesn't actually give you sex and drugs. So Marvel absolutely has undercut the original somewhat. Yeah it still has the ultraviolence and the cussing but the compromise of being under a different corporate umbrella is there. They just turn that compromise into running jokes (and I think they hope you don't notice). Yeah it's Deadpool and it's edgy and IN THE MCU, but it also felt a little neutered relative to the first two where you can show pegging and cocaine. Here you can only joke about it.

Doesn't bother me, per se. These are the realities of the world. But it's something I noticed and if I'm splitting hairs between movies I'm more inclined to take the one that's a little truer to the spirit.

Reactions: Pranzo Oltranzista

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I'm usually a pretty tough movie critic but I loved this one. I haven't seen the 1st or the 2nd Deadpool movies since they came out so maybe it's just recency bias but I like this one the most of the 3. I think the trilogy as a whole has gotten better every movie because they have added more and more characters. These movies are supposed to be fun to watch and it literally was from beginning to end.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
That thing with Thor and Deadpool is foreshadowing Doomsday and Secret Wars, isn't it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad