Recalled/Assigned: De La Rose recalled (Feb. 5)

HabsDieHard*

I like him just fine where he is in the line up right now.

Not sure big offence will ever be a part of his game.

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
A30adCGCAAASiZX.jpg

wtf

Price looks like a kid in Florida on Spring Break.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Keep jinxing him man. It's working:laugh:. Huge game for him last night. He and Eller seem to have some chemistry going.

I have liked what the DLR Eller DSP line has done of late, although I'm concerned about how much offense they will provide unless Eller and DSP repeat their playoff performances of last year. That said I like them as a shutdown line that can take the body and isn't easy to knock off the puck.

I always thought this kid would be a surefire NHLer, always thought he'd be a beast in a shutdown role but as of late I've been really impressed by his shot, he gets a lot of whip on it and it's really powerful with a pretty effortless technique, he doesnt take forever to get it off with power and thats a huge plus in the NHL. Maybe he does have some offense in him after all, he's got all the little tools that make a complete player thats for sure. I remember him scoring in the rookie camp with an absolute rocket of a one timer on a feed from Audette. I'd like to see him get more shooting opportunities eventually to see just how good he can be offensively.

Im starting to think he could be a really good 2nd line C down the line.

If DLR can develop his offensive game, which has been the question since he was drafted, then that's going to be huge for us. I liked what I saw from him as an 18 year old in the SHL but was disappointed in the few times I saw him in Hamilton early on this year and thought he would produce at least twice the amount of points at the wjc's then he ended up doing. Outside of his offensive game he does all the little things right, just hope that he can be more productive then Eller has been, although I'm not sold on that happening but we'll see.

it's hardly concerning when you figure those are his very first pro games and he's only 19 AND playing in the bottom 6.

I'm actually quite fine with his offense.

The only thing I don't like is how MT and co. seem to just pigeon-hole certain players and they can never seem to rise above their station except for Weise. It's like the freaking caste system.

If DLR can continue to physically mature then I can't see him not bringing significant offense. Enough to be a top 6? Not so sure but it's definitely possible.

Even though he's still so young, it's still concerning to me since our team needs goals so badly. It's amazing that no team in the NHL currently has more points then the Habs when you consider just how poorly our bottom 6 has produced this season. I hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the playoffs, although I like the way the bottom 6 have played the last 2 games so we'll see how it goes.

I don't DLR physically maturing will have much of an impact on his offensive game as he's already so advanced physically for his age. It's the overall skill level that would need to improve imo, not that getting stronger/quicker wouldn't help anyone, just that I don't see that is a main reason for him improving his offensive game.

For me it's not even about improving, since he's only 19 we should be able to expect him to improve, for me it's by how much will his production improve over the next few years as you can see the hate Eller has gotten on here at times over his troubles producing consistently so I just hope we aren't repeating the mistake when they rushed Eller to the NHL and Bournival last year who was getting high praise in his first month and half but a year later and some in the media think he could be done with the Habs. So hopefully he ends up being a great player for us for a long time, but i'm just concerned about his offensive game.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Like to see them recall Hudon, he was better than DLR in Hamilton.

Means nothing "he put up better numbers in the AHL therefore he will be better in the NHL" fLawed logic.

Hudon cannot skate like DLR, does not possess his defensive awareness, does not have the size, could not kill penalties, play in the last minute of games protecting a one goal lead...

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Means nothing "he put up better numbers in the AHL therefore he will be better in the NHL" fLawed logic.

Hudon cannot skate like DLR, does not possess his defensive awareness, does not have the size, could not kill penalties, play in the last minute of games protecting a one goal lead...

But he fills our biggest need, offense. It's not always all about defensive. You need creative players as well.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

He can score though, hockey smarts off the chart

HabsDieHard*

Yeah this team has plenty of guys who can play late in the games and provide solid 2 way play .

They need more offence.

De La Rose shouldn't be out there late in games with the lead come playoff time, that's what the veterans are there for.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Is this photo distorted??

Price is 6'3, 216
Eller is 6'2, 209...

There is no way Price is that skinny compared to Eller lol

Its an optical illusion. Eller is standing closer to the camera and has his body tilted which creates the illusion that he is taller and thicker. Price being further from the camera and facing the camera straight on makes him look shorter and thinner.

Plus, this picture was taken a couple of years ago in the summer after Carey dropped a bunch of weight in order to become quicker.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Hudon and DLR would not fill the same role. Hudon would have to fill an offensive role.

Hudon has to beat out Desharnais or Parenteau plus Flynn, because he is not going to beat Pacioretty, Plekanec, Galchenyuk or Gallagher, who are the other scoring forwards. He is not going to beat out Eller, who is a good and sometimes terrific two-way player.

He is not up against defensive players or grinders such as DLR, Weise, Prust, DSP, Malhotra, Mitchell.

From a strictly offensive point of view, he is probably not there yet this year, which is fine as he is a rookie pro. Furthermore, I have noticed a drop in scoring rate since December. Has his play stalled a bit?

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Speaking of Hudon, if Desharnais is still battling the flue, a top 6 of Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher and Hudon - Plekanec - Parenteau would of been awesome for 1 game.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Speaking of Hudon, if Desharnais is still battling the flue, a top 6 of Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher and Hudon - Plekanec - Parenteau would of been awesome for 1 game.

unfortunately PAP would still be in our top 6, so no it wouldnt.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
But he fills our biggest need, offense. It's not always all about defensive. You need creative players as well.

I don't think it would be a great idea to call up Huddon. Let him play top minutes and see if he can win a spot next camp.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I was wrong about calling up DLR. Didn't think MT would play him so much. I'm happy he's up with the team vs with Lefebvre.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010

How do you know he fills that need? The majority of players who score at the AHL level can't do so at the NHL level...certainly not right away. AS mentioned above...DLR is bigger, faster, better at both ends. It's okay to have a defensively responsible player on your top two lines..it is not hindrance. It wouldn't be hard to match DD, PAP or Weise's production either while providing a better all-around game than the first two. I'm relatively confident DLR could already provide 0.5+ ppg playing with Plek and Patch 18 mins a game.

Last edited:

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
How do you know he fills that need? The majority of players who score at the AHL level can't do so at the NHL level...certainly not right away. AS mentioned above...DLR is bigger, faster, better at both ends. It's okay to have a defensively responsible player on your top two lines..it is not hindrance. It wouldn't be hard to match DD, PAP or Weise's production either while providing a better all-around game than the first two. I'm relatively confident DLR could already provide 0.5+ ppg playing with Plek and Patch 18 mins a game.
Better at BOTH ends? Ya ok I'll pretend I never read that.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Hudon isn't tailor made for the NHL at the moment. He falls down a lot when I watch Hamilton games. He's a bit of a diver and a lot of the points he puts up he does so in a way that wouldn't happen against NHL goaltending. One of the reasons he's had no troubles producing is he has a lot of passing options in the AHL. There's always guys supporting him in the offensive zone ready to put one in. That doesn't happen in Therrien's system very often. We usually leave guys alone and then complain when they can't make anything happen. He's a smart player but no rush to put him in the NHL. He's not going to make our top 6 better this year. He's quick at adapting but not quick enough that he'd be ready to make an impact in the playoffs.

If anything Andrighetto is much more of an "individual" player who would make an impact if given offensive minutes. He doesn't need others to create his offense. He was also better than Kucherov in Rouyn-Noranda and Kucherov's doing just fine with a weaker physical frame than Ghetto.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Like to see them recall Hudon, he was better than DLR in Hamilton.

No our best post season lineup would certainly have DLR right where he is.
The pivot is once again Eller. I would reunite EGG and have him and Chucky play a hybrid center role very much similar to Eller/DLR. Most games we would not guess that DLR is the defacto center based on positioning in both ends they are actually interchangeable which is fantastic.
Then play DD with DLR in a similar role with either Weise or PAP or DSP depending...

The idea being that we are actually bolstering our exposure up the middle by using a hybrid system.

Maybe I've lost my mind? :help:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Better at BOTH ends? Ya ok I'll pretend I never read that.

I get where Grant is coming from and i agree.
DLR does not expose us defensively with poor decision making up front.
People need to be patient with this guy he is starting to bring another element to his game for those who care to notice...

Hudon does not possess that type of quality and could not be trusted in the forge that is the NHL PO.
I do think Hudon is a smart player but I don't think he can make the jump as effortlessly or deal with the speed as easily.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Its an optical illusion. Eller is standing closer to the camera and has his body tilted which creates the illusion that he is taller and thicker. Price being further from the camera and facing the camera straight on makes him look shorter and thinner.

Plus, this picture was taken a couple of years ago in the summer after Carey dropped a bunch of weight in order to become quicker.

Who are the three guys besides Eller, Prust and Price?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad