Movies: DC's The Flash (starring Ezra Miller) - June 23rd, 2023

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Man I'm really into Keaton as an old Batman donning the old suit. But I couldn't detach myself from Ezra Miller's real life issues through a trailer. Doubt I could make it through a movie...at least one I pay for a ticket to go see.

Last edited:

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
I'm trying to think of another big budget action movie that self-immolated so early in pre-production by grossly mis-casting the lead.

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Man I'm really into Keaton as an old Batman donning the old suit. But I couldn't detach myself from Ezra Miller's real life issues through a trailer. Doubt I could make it through a movie...at least one I pay for a ticket to go see.
Understandable, and I agree, if anything I;m in it for Keaton, Batfleck, and a debuting Supergirl, those parts looked frigging awesome.

Reactions: Jussi

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I think the bizarre thing is the powers at be at DC are more than fine with Gunn taking a hatchet to the current DCU but this movie is immune.

If the Flash is going back in time as this movie suggests, maybe they rework it to be cannon for the new DCU since he's going to break everything :laugh:

That would actually be a fantastic ending. The universe just re-starts.

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
If the Flash is going back in time as this movie suggests, maybe they rework it to be cannon for the new DCU since he's going to break everything :laugh:

They did that in the animated DC universe. Flashpoint erased the existing animated universe.

Just based on the trailer I'm feeling that even at worse, it'll be a "glorious mess". I hope it's better.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
24ee7e9c86587ad9a62df5ef978c6c9b1880a1c5.gifv

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Yeah that'd be clever I suppose. I'm still not giving this movie my money. I'll watch it when it inevitably ends up on HBO Max. But i think even worse than having to try to enjoy the movie with Miller as the lead is I have to try to enjoy it knowing full well that DC put it out hoping that the public would forget, disregard, or not care about Miller's behavior and give them money. Like, don't get me wrong I go into most blockbusters fully aware of Hollywood greed, but in this case it's so blatant that it stinks a lot worse than usual.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Yeah that'd be clever I suppose. I'm still not giving this movie my money. I'll watch it when it inevitably ends up on HBO Max. But i think even worse than having to try to enjoy the movie with Miller as the lead is I have to try to enjoy it knowing full well that DC put it out hoping that the public would forget, disregard, or not care about Miller's behavior and give them money. Like, don't get me wrong I go into most blockbusters fully aware of Hollywood greed, but in this case it's so blatant that it stinks a lot worse than usual.

Oh I’m 100% watching it without paying too… I can wait.

Reactions: HanSolo

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I think the bizarre thing is the powers at be at DC are more than fine with Gunn taking a hatchet to the current DCU but this movie is immune.

I suspect/hope it's because this movie is their reset button. A little bit of playing around the fringes and they can use it to justify changing everything to Gunn's new vision without having to wholly divorce themselves from what they've done and tell everyone "look, we screwed the last decade up so just pretend none of it ever happened and act like the new movies will be the first time you ever see any of its content."

Like Bert says, that would actually be a halfway-to-clever option of how to approach everything.

I just wish it didn't have to involve Erza Miller because beyond him apparently being a supremely screwed up and unpalatable person, I never liked his jittery pseudo-Hollywood-ADD/Aspie take on Barry to begin with. He was one of the worst parts of Justice League, which is saying something.

I think elements of this trailer looked interesting, but I could never see this in theater. I want to be able to sit on my couch and watch it with the safety net of being able to focus on my tablet or laptop when the movie invariably goes sideways.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Immune in what way? There's $200,000,000+ reasons why TPTB are pushing forward with The Flash and want it to be a success. Also, Gunn could be blowing smoke but he's on record as saying it's an awesome movie. He's probably looking at it as an end of an era and like most associated with DC want it to go out with a bang before they pivot to his vision of the universe.

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Got my money for Batman 3...err "Flash and Friends"

As Picard S3 showed us, nostalgia turned up to 11 is the only way to go, no half measure.
When you have to sell a B level superhero move starring a troubled actor, turn to the OG best:
AnchoredGraciousBarb-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: KMart27 and Jussi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad