aonb

Oct 26, 2013
12-7 good guys

Backstrom with his first of the season

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Jets fan here

I fully expect a "Laine's better" chant tonight. If we do you guys better respond on Thursday in full!

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Jets fan here

I fully expect a "Laine's better" chant tonight. If we do you guys better respond on Thursday in full!

I'll go with more traditional scenario

-> Ovechkin don't score on his first shot of the game
so -> Peg fans chant "Crosby's better"
and then-> Ovechkin scores five minutes later on PP

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
8:00pm start? Might actually watch the whole thing tonight. Let's go out and play hard boys, get it deep, forecheck, get some pucks to the net and see what happens, EH?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Jets fan here

I would suggest that most Caps fans really don't give a crap. Most have never heard of Laine. And they already know Ovechkin is better.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
My lasting memory of Winnipeg is and always will be when Ovechkin took their soul in the 2012-13 season. Caps were reeling under he-who-must-not-be-named and went into the Peg for a back to back. The Jets were playing well and had an opportunity to really put some separation between themselves and the Caps. Instead, Washington won both games by a collective score of 10-1 with Ovie registering 3 goals, 2 assists, and 2 massive hits on Mark Stuart and Brian Little. The Jets missed the playoffs while the Caps finished the season on a 15-4 streak and treated us to another soul crushing defeat against the Rangers.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
My lasting memory of Winnipeg is and always will be when Ovechkin took their soul in the 2012-13 season. Caps were reeling under he-who-must-not-be-named and went into the Peg for a back to back. The Jets were playing well and had an opportunity to really put some separation between themselves and the Caps. Instead, Washington won both games by a collective score of 10-1 with Ovie registering 3 goals, 2 assists, and 2 massive hits on Mark Stuart and Brian Little. The Jets missed the playoffs while the Caps finished the season on a 15-4 streak and treated us to another soul crushing defeat against the Rangers.

That was all coaching.

We will respond with a "Who is Laine??" chant.

I approve of this message!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

He who must not be named. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::banghead::biglaugh:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Recall that two game set vividly. Definitely was a turning point looking back after that season.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Good stuff....lol.

4-3 Caps.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006

That was a weird time to be a Caps fan. The team was so mediocre, but it was still fun to watch them crush the Jets like that.

The Jets were still in the SE that year, right? I remember they flirted with a SE division title one year, and lots of us were kind of rooting for it because it would look so ridiculous in the Winnipeg rafters.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
That was a weird time to be a Caps fan. The team was so mediocre, but it was still fun to watch them crush the Jets like that.

The Jets were still in the SE that year, right? I remember they flirted with a SE division title one year, and lots of us were kind of rooting for it because it would look so ridiculous in the Winnipeg rafters.

We were a garbage team with a stupid coach, a stupid GM and a laughable defense. We only made it to the playoffs thanks to an MVP effort from Ovechkin who scored almost a goal per game in the second half of the season. When the playoffs came, Ovechkin cooled down and we got bounced by the Rangers again.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
We were a garbage team with a stupid coach, a stupid GM and a laughable defense. We only made it to the playoffs thanks to an MVP effort from Ovechkin who scored almost a goal per game in the second half of the season. When the playoffs came, Ovechkin cooled down and we got bounced by the Rangers again.

Gotta think if we didn't go on that run and missed the playoffs maybe GMGM would have been fired that offseason and not traded FF for Erat

arlcapsfan

Oct 3, 2015
Gotta think if we didn't go on that run and missed the playoffs maybe GMGM would have been fired that offseason and not traded FF for Erat
Ugh, almost forgot about that trade. I'm more annoyed about the pop up ads these days so I guessed I've moved on. Smoke tje Pegs please.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012

I too remember those back-to-backs. Not long before that we were talking on this board about top 5 draft picks and GMGM was scouting Monahan in juniors. Then Ovie started slowly picking up, scoring on PPS, and Jets kind of cooling off. Then those back-to-backs happened and after that Jets completely fell apart and Ovie got ridiculously hot regaining his scoring touch... then the playoffs happened :cry:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
There was an example of getting the puck first didn't matter, it was still a trip. Good call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad