GDT: Day 1 in Praha!

swissdude

May 18, 2019
The Swiss fans claim their secret weapon is coach Fischer so I won't count them out.
I don't know whether my sarcasm detector is faulty or whether I should take this statement seriously. I think success would be more in spite of Fischer than because of him. I think the fact that Josi is playing is a much bigger factor. Also, the rumour that Fiala might join the team (even if it comes from a dubious source) would be a plus. The only question is whether the team can finally put in a half-decent performance in a game where it's all or nothing, and whether Fischer/Albelin can prevent that from happening.

luckyicehockey

May 10, 2024

Attachments

• schweiz-norwegen-eine-analyse-der-spielhistorie.png
    schweiz-norwegen-eine-analyse-der-spielhistorie.png
    738.3 KB · Views: 1

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
So here we go, home championship starting. And we are going in with probrably the most boring and one of the weakest teams in the history lol.

I will watch, but excitement level right now? Pretty much 0 ... only thing that can lift my spirits is Canes being down 0:3. Necas coming would mean we would have at least one exciting player to watch lol

Reactions: Summer Rose

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Unlike my fellow countrymen, I think we will win against Finland, I expect something like 3:2 in overtime.

As for the others, I think Sweden beats USA in very tough game. Swiss beats Norway but not easily because they have solid roster this year. And Slovaks fairly easily beat Germany like 3:1.

I am getting excited already.

trust no one

Apr 21, 2024
Germany can be tough too, thank God they aren't hockey crazy or everyone would be in trouble.

You never know.
What does this even means ? Not sure if I understand, especially since DEL is more watched than Handball league (more massive sport in Germany) 2,606,976 to 1.086.682. :help:

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
What does this even means ? Not sure if I understand, especially since DEL is more watched than Handball league (more massive sport in Germany) 2,606,976 to 1.086.682. :help:
It's pretty self explanatory. If hockey was as loved as football is in Germany...............................that's what I mean.

hockeys popularity relative to handball in germany had nothing to do with my post.

Last edited:

trust no one

Apr 21, 2024
It's pretty self explanatory. If hockey was as loved as football is in Germany...............................that's what I mean.

what does handball have do with this?
Because they are handball crazed country, and still ice hockey is more attended :)
Comparisons with football are simply not fair, since the sport is being played in almost every tiny village. Since ice hockey is the most attended indoor sport in Germany, I would say there is some passion and love for it :)

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Because they are handball crazed country, and still ice hockey is more attended :)
Comparisons with football are simply not fair, since the sport is being played in almost every tiny village. Since ice hockey is the most attended indoor sport in Germany, I would say there is some passion and love for it :)
Whether comparing hockey to football is fair is besides the point, I was simply pointing out if it was as popular then watch out.

:)

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Clubs from Germany's largest cities play in the DEL and have a great tradition. There are also some big cities in handball, but many don't have this tradition. The Handball-League(HBL) has more teams and too many small places. If Germany were hockey crazy, they would be able to draft 10-15 players every year. There would then be many more sponsors and the DEL would probably be the richest league after the NHL. Even little Switzerland couldn't do anything if Germany were really crazy about hockey. The large number of spectators in the DEL is not a measure of how popular hockey is. Because even if the DEB team were relegated, the DEL would still be well attended.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad