Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I don't know, was he really the guy to draft. He seems ok but nothing special. Admittedly I haven't seen much of him and I'm trying to see what everybody else sees but i just don't. We passed on some good guys for him. I'd be more than happy if he pans out though of course. It's the only decision management has made that I'm iffy on.
I saw him last night and I was convinced. He will be up in Mtl in no time. He’ll be a MSL and Robidas chouchou for sure.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I understand what you are trying to convey with this. But he played Prep school hockey and has always been extremely hockey centric.its a 30 game season and not far from the route Casey mittelstadt and nick Bjugstad took
I wasn’t implying that hockey only became his top sport at that age - obviously not the case- but he had played far less high level hockey by that age than most other NHL players have. I still find his ascent impressive.

Last edited:

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
I wasn’t implying that hockey only became his top sport at that age - obviously not the case- but he had played far less high level hockey by that age than most other NHL players have. I still find his ascent impressive.
Oh no question. I was more so clearing it up that he just didn’t “pick it up” at 17 for ethers reading . I knew exactly what you meant. He is a family friend of ours so his ability to step right into nhl action last year was a pleasant surprise for everyone back home.

Reactions: themilosh

lou4gehrig

Aug 2, 2005
They will absolutely not keep him ahead of Mailloux. Why would they? What's the rush?
I'd argue putting him in the AHL implies we're trying to win now, which we're not. Leaving him in the NHL to make mistakes there will hurt the team somewhat, but he'll learn faster.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Mailloux was the only Laval all star last year with 47 points in his rookie season.
Reinbacher played against a roster of AHL/ECHL players sprinkled with a couple of borderline NHL players. Last night was not a game to use to gage any prospect.
Mailloux has come to camp wanting to show his improvements on the D side. He will show more as the competition gets tighter. Both belong in the AHL.
The problem is Mailloux has not been better than Reinbacher in ANY game they've played together in so far.
He was also not very good in the critical games for Laval last season Reinbacher was.
If management were totally impressed with Logan Mailloux he would have got the top pairing billet when Ghule couldn't go.
Lots of work left for this kid. I wouldn't be surprised if Engstrom passes him on the depth chart down the road.

Reactions: Andrei79

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I hope DR works out as a first pairing D but to answer your specific question, right now, without him having even played even a single NHL game, I would, without any hesitation whatsoever, take Michkov (who BTW is 5'10" (not 5'9") and about 200 lbs.), over Caufield and Laine. It's not even close, IMO.
The only way i would have been happy drafting Michkov os if the intent was to flip CC for a RHD. That would have been the only way it could have worked.
Clearly they chose CC.. DR was the right choice after that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad