Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I don't remember the exact source. But I remember a couple of people in the media who follow hockey closely discussing how much bad defensive play pre-NHL matters, when discussing Cole Eiserman. They brought up the example of Pasternk and said it was his bad defensive play and perceived defensive ineptitude that caused him to drop to 26th overall in his draft year.
Yeah but it comes you have one Pastrnak and you have 4 Sekacs. They can have different names but it's always 4 to 1 with that kind of average nhler/prospect with the rare example of top talent like pasta.

Reactions: 26Mats

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I don't remember the exact source. But I remember a couple of people in the media who follow hockey closely discussing how much bad defensive play pre-NHL matters, when discussing Cole Eiserman. They brought up the example of Pasternk and said it was his bad defensive play and perceived defensive ineptitude that caused him to drop to 26th overall in his draft year.
They basicly say he's skating on both lines, blue or red just waiting for go-to-goal pass. He do nothing else, not even faking he's trying.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
They basicly say he's skating on both lines, blue or red just waiting for go-to-goal pass. He do nothing else, not even faking he's trying.
Snake also mentioned that's what Kovalchuk used to do and he ended up having a pretty good NHL career.

Yeah but it comes you have one Pastrnak and you have 4 Sekacs. They can have different names but it's always 4 to 1 with that kind of average nhler/prospect with the rare example of top talent like pasta.
It's up to the scouts to decipher

It seems we're getting one of Lindstrom, Iginla, Sennecke, or Demidov. I look forward to seeing which one...

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Snake also mentioned that's what Kovalchuk used to do and he ended up having a pretty good NHL career.

It's up to the scouts to decipher

It seems we're getting one of Lindstrom, Iginla, Sennecke, or Demidov. I look forward to seeing which one...
Kovalchuck was built like a truck, just mentioning.

I'm pretty confident about those names and surely we'll accees to one or two of these names. We could add Eiserman or the def, they'll pick the bpa. Don't be surprized if it's Iggy.

Reactions: 26Mats

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Yeah but even if every team with the 5th pick, including Philly who took Michkov, was going to take Reinbacher.. this fan base can't get over they didn't take THEIR BPA instead of the leagues BPA.

Guilty as charged, I thought Michkov was the BPA hands down, still do, time will tell, hoping for the best with Reinbacher. We need David, glad we have him, but still would have preferred Matvei at the draft.

C'est la vie.

That's life as a fan.

Last edited:

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
And you've watched Michkov in the POs? What a load of shite.
Are you confused as to what my point was? I don't care to argue with you dude.

No one has watched him play, that's why it's all speculation. My point was that, in looking at the profile of the two players, one of them projects more as an NHL playoff performer(which most big, skilled, high IQ, smooth skating defenseman do, save for exception), while the other projects more as an offensive superstar who will likely lose some effectiveness in the NHL playoffs(like most small offensive superstars do, save for exception).

Size, Reach, Skating, toughness, character, playstyle; all these things come into question when projecting the players effectiveness in the NHL playoffs, which is why I said that it's easy to see why the Habs chose Reinbacher over Michkov, without having to invoke the "bad attitude, mafia ties, Russia factor" conspiracies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Guilty as charged, I thought Michkov was the BPA hands down, still do, time will tell, hoping for the best with Reinbacher. We need David, glad we have him, but still would have preferred Matvei at the draft.

C'est la vie.

That's life as a fan.

Hey at least that's a mature self admission.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Kovalchuck was built like a truck, just mentioning.

I'm pretty confident about those names and surely we'll accees to one or two of these names. We could add Eiserman or the def, they'll pick the bpa. Don't be surprized if it's Iggy.
I'd be in favor of paying big to get the Sharks' 14th overall pick if a player like Eiserman or Catton are still on the board and the scouts believe heavily in them. The Sharks are barren on D apparently.

They may interested in a package involving the following assets:

- Jets 1st,
- Calgary/Florida 2025 1st,
- Avs 2024 2nd,
- Pens 2025 2nd,
- Barron,
- Struble,
- Harris

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sure but there's very little logical explanations for a team to just let a guy go play anywhere but for their team, for essentially what would be, 4 years.

Either he's not as good as people think, the character concerns are legitimate or the organization is pejorative slurred.
That’s an argument that can only be validated at a later time, when hopefully more info comes out as far as I’m concerned.

Applying concepts like logic typically are worth delving into in democratic settings or for events or situations unfolding in North America.

I wouldn’t want to speculate on how things are decided there as I’ll likely be wrong — I don’t believe the current climate is conducive to reliable conclusions but that’s just my take. I’ll respectfully step back and observe.

Plus, Michkov is due to attend camp in September if the reports are correct, so why not wait for that. If he’s a psycho or a hothead, we’ll find out soon enough.

Back to Reinbacher.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
This is also the Michkov thread heh? The BMP youtube site shows this debate about MM. They say he doesn't give a f*** playing any sort of defense in his last 4 games. Snake Boivert answer it doesn't mean anything for the moment. If it's a problem, Torto will bench MM for 4 games and MM will learn.
Boivert is more concerned about not being impressed by the offensive game of MM.
For those who understand french, here's the link.

Honnêtement, c'est comme écouter deux mononcle épais parler de hockey lol les gars parlent de Michkov comme si ils connaissent le kid personellement , n'importe quoi , J'aime bien boisvert mais l'autre gars fait just parler pour parler il dit rien de concret et meme Boisvert le call out durant la discussion sur comment la position a Mathias sur Michkov a "magiquement" évoluer quand on a draft Reinbacher , maintenant Michkov c'est just un cherry picker egoist blablabla hahaha une vraie mentalité de fefan ,sérieux je sais pas c'est qui Mathias mais il me fait bien rire

Reactions: ReHabs and Mrb1p

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Fans love players like Michkov, but GMs generally know better on how to build a team than the fans. Lets say a player like Michkov could get stats like 97 pts, 99 pts and 85pts with at least a 20 + in the +- category during the next three seasons. One would think teams would be drooling to get him ... a true superstar player. Yet GMs may not think he is the best for building the team.

BTW, those are Mitch Marner's stats, and there a lot of analysts out there stating that Toronto has to move Marner if they are ever going to move forward in the playoffs.

What's best for a team is not always what fans think.

Reactions: Habnot

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Sure but there's very little logical explanations for a team to just let a guy go play anywhere but for their team, for essentially what would be, 4 years.

Either he's not as good as people think, the character concerns are legitimate or the organization is pejorative slurred.

This is true.

Hockey teams are in the business of winning. Yet for some reason SKA is sending him everywhere but on their roster, despite a long term deal where all they have to do is call Putin to enforce it, with an optional "military" work camp if needed. This is just a really strange situation.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

No one has watched him play, that's why it's all speculation. My point was that, in looking at the profile of the two players, one of them projects more as an NHL playoff performer(which most big, skilled, high IQ, smooth skating defenseman do, save for exception), while the other projects more as an offensive superstar who will likely lose some effectiveness in the NHL playoffs(like most small offensive superstars do, save for exception).

Size, Reach, Skating, toughness, character, playstyle; all these things come into question when projecting the players effectiveness in the NHL playoffs, which is why I said that it's easy to see why the Habs chose Reinbacher over Michkov, without having to invoke the "bad attitude, mafia ties, Russia factor" conspiracies.
No I'm not confused as to the load of crap you're currently taking. You're using hypotheticals to make one player look better than the other on 10 centimeters of height.

Reactions: ReHabs

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This is true.

Hockey teams are in the business of winning. Yet for some reason SKA is sending him everywhere but on their roster, despite a long term deal where all they have to do is call Putin to enforce it, with an optional "military" work camp if needed. This is just a really strange situation.

What do you think of Demidov, then? Is he also a cancer?

What do you think of Khusnutdinov? Is he also a cancer?

Say you decide to give the benefit of the doubt to Rotenberg and Michkov is a dickhead. At what point does that stop being a detriment?

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022

Size, Reach, Skating, Toughness, Character, Playstyle...

Xhekaj is a better playoff performer than Cale Makar. Facts.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Size, Reach, Skating, Toughness, Character, Playstyle...

Xhekaj is a better playoff performer than Cale Makar. Facts.
You go ahead and argue with yourself and your strawmen.

No I'm not confused as to the load of crap you're currently taking. You're using hypotheticals to make one player look better than the other on 10 centimeters of height.

Of course I'm using hypotheticals? I'm trying to hypothetically explain why the Habs took Reinbacher over Michkov!

You realize I don't actually know why they chose Reinbacher over Mich, right? I'm just guessing :laugh:

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
You go ahead and argue with yourself and your strawmen.
I mean, try to apply your reasoning to actual real-life scenarios. You suggest for playoff success a minute-eating dman is preferable to an offensive superstar (your word was superstar). It's not a strawman to utilize your arguments to show their faultlines, is it?

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Honnêtement, c'est comme écouter deux mononcle épais parler de hockey lol les gars parlent de Michkov comme si ils connaissent le kid personellement , n'importe quoi , J'aime bien boisvert mais l'autre gars fait just parler pour parler il dit rien de concret et meme Boisvert le call out durant la discussion sur comment la position a Mathias sur Michkov a "magiquement" évoluer quand on a draft Reinbacher , maintenant Michkov c'est just un cherry picker egoist blablabla hahaha une vraie mentalité de fefan ,sérieux je sais pas c'est qui Mathias mais il me fait bien rire
En anglais pour tous les autres svp. He's Mathias Brunet from LaPresse since 1994, a long time sport journalist. I've listened him since recently and I don't recall anything specific of him in lapresse. Usually he doesn't start a controversy like Rejean Tremblay, he's more quiet.

I don't know who is more disconnected. Mathias Brunet with his 4 games watch and having an opinion or Snake Boivert who says it's nothing, everything is normal, no red flag at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad