Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I expect the top 4 to be:

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard

Then
Xhekaj - Struble
Barron

We'll see if they keep Mailloux in Montreal or send him to Laval. I think he should be in Laval.

Imo, this is the last year for Mailloux & Barron. They either improve and show they can help this team or they're getting moved. If they can't step up, I wouldn't be surprised if Montreal re-signs Savard rather than trade him.

Reinbacher will help this team as soon as he steps into the lineup. Just like Guhle did.

I was a huge believer in Guhle & I'm huge believer in Reinbacher. Both need to stay healthy, though.
I really don’t like Ghule on the right side. It’s going to be interesting to see what they do with Matheson. That’s another avenue we could explore.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
I expect the top 4 to be:

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard

Then
Xhekaj - Struble
Barron

We'll see if they keep Mailloux in Montreal or send him to Laval. I think he should be in Laval.

Imo, this is the last year for Mailloux & Barron. They either improve and show they can help this team or they're getting moved. If they can't step up, I wouldn't be surprised if Montreal re-signs Savard rather than trade him.

Reinbacher will help this team as soon as he steps into the lineup. Just like Guhle did.

I was a huge believer in Guhle & I'm huge believer in Reinbacher. Both need to stay healthy, though.
Definitely not the last year of Logan and I’m not really sure how one comes to that thought process. I would even say Barron as well but they have a much better idea on where he is heading as a professional

Last edited:

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
So Michkov is leading the preseason in points. Let's face it reinbacher was a lousy pick.
We could have had Michkov, cutter gauthier or askorov. What exactly has anybody seen to believe he's gonna be good. It's been hughes' biggest mistake, what did he see?
You know, this narrative is as bad as Flat Earth conspiracy arguments. No matter what people will tell you about his solid play in the zone, and much needed stability on RD, you will come back to "yeah but Michkov" cliche. Kid is 19 ffs and I would already take him over effing Mailloux who can't play in his zone still.

Reactions: Jaynki

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Wasn’t my choice either, I was hoping for Leonard or Michkov but then again, I am not privy to ALL the information pro scouts have on these players!

I’m just jaffy from HF which isn’t saying much lol
I like my D offensive players. Gives better powerplay more secondary scoring in general. Why I leaned towards Leonard/Michkov. Guys like Pesce are good players but at 5 I am looking for more. Look at Carolina last year in playoffs had trouble scoring.

My first pairing I like that physical mobile offensive right shot D. Somebody like Yakemchuk Sens drafted. Big mobile good hands, shot, plays with an edge. Sees ice well, makes quick accurate passes. Gives you toughness, 20 goals, size. On left side I like that smooth playmaking D. Somebody like a Markov or JC Tremblay. Hockey smarts, quarterback powerplay. They balance each other well.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I like my D offensive players. Gives better powerplay more secondary scoring in general. Why I leaned towards Leonard/Michkov. Guys like Pesce are good players but at 5 I am looking for more. Look at Carolina last year in playoffs had trouble scoring.

My first pairing I like that physical mobile offensive right shot D. Somebody like Yakemchuk Sens drafted. Big mobile good hands, shot, plays with an edge. Sees ice well, makes quick accurate passes. Gives you toughness, 20 goals, size. On left side I like that smooth playmaking D. Somebody like a Markov or JC Tremblay. Hockey smarts, quarterback powerplay. They balance each other well.

The first job of a defenseman is to defend against the rushes and consistently win defensive assignment. Reinbacher is well above teenager defenseman in those department.

An offensive D is worth nothing, a big zero, if he can't defend a rush or break a cycle.

Its what is holding Barron and Mailloux from blossoming into NHL regular.

Reinbacher is already competent here.

I don't really understand your comparison with Pesce as he is only and solely a defensive player with no offensive acuity.

But, since Pesce already had bigger demand (so a bigger contract) than a 35-40 goal small scorer like Marchessault, what would be his worth if he had an important offensive element(like Reinbacher) to his game on top of his defensive acuity?

That is what we are looking at and aiming for Reinbacher.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
He played a bunch of games last year, both in the Swiss League and in Laval.
Lol ok , getting picky about saying he missed games now I see. I’ll bow out before the law comes down on me for suggesting he’s been injured for large stretches of time two years in a row.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad