Prospect Info: David Reinbacher - Get Well Soon Edition

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Huh? I said NHL draft scouting/rankings lists, try and find one with him below 8, I'll wait.
I had Reinbacher at 8. Didn't like his hands for top pairing. Michkov or Leonard been my pick. According to how interviews went. Likely been Michkov because skill I had him at 2. Michkov has 100 points written all over him. Russian factor, size slid him a little for me. I'd probably try trade down with Philly where high on Leonard also. They said he wanted to go there, Been a factor to me. Also trade down from 5 to 7 should gained nice asset.

A year ago Slaf didn't look good while Cooley had great camp. It turned around during season.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
I had Reinbacher at 8. Didn't like his hands for top pairing. Michkov or Leonard been my pick. According to how interviews went. Likely been Michkov because skill I had him at 2. Michkov has 100 points written all over him. Russian factor, size slid him a little for me. I'd probably try trade down with Philly where high on Leonard also. They said he wanted to go there, Been a factor to me. Also trade down from 5 to 7 should gained nice asset.

A year ago Slaf didn't look good while Cooley had great camp. It turned around during season.

I can't find a central scouting list with him lower than 8, and he goes down from there. I mean whatever, its done. I just don't recall anyone here saying he was a target at 5 considering who was available. I am sure there were, his name just came out of left field on draft day,

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I can't find a central scouting list with him lower than 8, and he goes down from there. I mean whatever, its done. I just don't recall anyone here saying he was a target at 5 considering who was available. I am sure there were, his name just came out of left field on draft day,
I wouldn't say Reinbacher came out of leftfield. But not my choice at 5.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Fair enough, i'm sure he was talked about at some point but 90% of the people seemed shocked here

I could be misremembering, but I thought most people here WANTED michkov, but knew we were looking hard at Reinbacher. It wasn't so much surprising as disappointing. Assuming he can get healthy, I think it all worked out in the end with demidov falling to us, though.

Reactions: HuGort

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Ok, try and find a single scouting list with him below 8, because I cannot
I don’t have a whack of lists at the ready and I’m certainly not chasing my tail for one.

I’m just telling you that Mackenzie’s list is the most reliable we have and it’s an amalgamation of several scouts. He doesn’t just make it up himself.

Bottom line is that he went around where most thought he would. Does that mean he’ll work out or was BPA? I have no idea. It’s way too soon to know and it will be years from now before we can say with certainty.

But that won’t stop the usual suspects from shitting on him at least until he starts playing regularly. That’s the way it works around here - people have zero patience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seb

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
I don’t have a whack of lists at the ready and I’m certainly not chasing my tail for one.

I’m just telling you that Mackenzie’s list is the most reliable we have and it’s an amalgamation of several scouts. He doesn’t just make it up himself.

Bottom line is that he went around where most thought he would. Does that mean he’ll work out or was BPA? I have no idea. It’s way too soon to know and it will be years from now before we can say with certainty.

But that won’t stop the usual suspects from shitting on him at least until he starts playing regularly. That’s the way it works around here - people have zero patience.

I have patience, he just hasn't passed the eye test or he's been hurt two years in a row. It's not like watching Hutson or PK , I just haven't seen much yet to be impressed.

Reactions: ReimanSum1908

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I have patience, he just hasn't passed the eye test or he's been hurt two years in a row. It's not like watching Hutson or PK , I just haven't seen much yet to be impressed.
That’s fine. Also fine to not be happy with the pick. Everyone has their own opinion.

I just hate it when a player gets dumped on infinitely when he hasn’t gotten a chance yet. The first year of Slaf was brutal on these boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad