Prospect Info: David Reinbacher - Get Well Soon Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
So will they keep him up with the big team while he recovers? Could be a good opportunity for him to learn the system and bond with the team.
I think it’s a possibility. Can’t remember which one of MSL or Gorton who said it but they said that it’s not gonna be a lost year in terms of development for him.

Reactions: Picaroon

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Reinbacher draft for me but I’ve always hated the pick. Sorry the kid is injured that isn’t a good quantifier but two years in a row I have no faith in him.
Him being injured has no bearing on if he was or wasn’t BPA….Habs had him as BPA, that’s where the buck stops

Reactions: Miller Time

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Suzuki, Cole, Guhle, Newhook, heck even Slaf are all pretty much primed. Players don't peak at 29, they peak at ~24. At 29 well have 2-3 years before they're yet another Gallagher we wish we didn't resign.
Ouf…..i believe you’re wrong on all of the above.

Suzuki looks primed to have a 100pt season with 2 strong lines and a backend that can drive play.

Caufield is not even close to peaking, same with Slaf, like not even close.

Guhle probably close to peak but not there yet.

Hutson just getting started, goaltenders look ready to make that next step.

Newhook definitely has another level but maybe only one more

Dach if healthy will show us who he really is….

You’re right about prime years and their age but SC champs are normally led by talented vets who are in their mid to late 20’s ….we have like 1 of those.

I believe the timeline is on cue, as long as Reinbacher, Demidov, Hage, Mailloux, Kapanen, Beck, F.Xekaj, Tuch develop properly, the entire thing should come together and lead to SCF appearances.

Just my humbled opinion.

Then they were just straight up wrong
That’s an opinion, not a fact

Then BPA is complete bullshit, and you know it.
Define to me what BPA is then, you’re the GM, what makes a player BPA….

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I think it’s a possibility. Can’t remember which one of MSL or Gorton who said it but they said that it’s not gonna be a lost year in terms of development for him.
Hughes in a Godin's interview posted yesterday. They will do with him what they did with Dach last year and keep him around the team and spend time with Robidas. So he should be assimilating stuff and learn how things are played even if he doesn't get games.

Reactions: Miller Time

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Hughes in a Godin's interview posted yesterday. They will do with him what they did with Dach last year and keep him around the team and spend time with Robidas. So he should be assimilating stuff and learn how things are played even if he doesn't get games.

It's so refreshing to have a mature, competent leadership group in place. The stark contrast with our previous management group is crazy.

This is what actual development looks like.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Him being injured has no bearing on if he was or wasn’t BPA….Habs had him as BPA, that’s where the buck stops

are you suggesting he was the BPA at 5? Can you find me any scouting sites that had him slotted at 5? I'd like to read them, I can't find any. I don't even remember his name being thrown around on this board? I remember Michkov, Smith, Leonard, Benson? Never a Reinbacher.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
are you suggesting he was the BPA at 5? Can you find me any scouting sites that had him slotted at 5? I'd like to read them, I can't find any. I don't even remember his name being thrown around on this board? I remember Michkov, Smith, Leonard, Benson? Never a Reinbacher.
Rein was 5 on McKenzies list which is usually the most accurate when it comes to what actual NHL teams have going around , not defending anything, i'm just saying.

And anyways if he was our BPA than yes he was BPA

Reactions: malcb33

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Define to me what BPA is then, you’re the GM, what makes a player BPA….
That's the problem. It's a subjective definition and is mostly used as sales argument.

For me the best player available is someone who fits your team's vision first and foremost. So the BPA for one team is not the same BPA for another. Ex: If you have problems with injuries, drafting Lindstrom was definitely not in line with the Habs. I think that's the arguments being made here as well for Reinbacher. Maybe he wasn't BPA with our depth on RD and him being injury prone?

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Rein was 5 on McKenzies list which is usually the most accurate when it comes to what actual NHL teams have going around , not defending anything, i'm just saying.

And anyways if he was our BPA than yes he was BPA
So one list? I've just looked at every list but Bob's and he was either 8th to 41st , that must be the only list he was 5 on?

Side note - Shane Wright looks good in the pre season, he has been written off by a lot of people but the kid looks legit on that Kraken team.

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
Definitely won't be. He can learn the ins and outs of the Habs organization and adjust to North America pressure free while re-habing with the best doctors available. Then he can hopefully get in a few games later in the year to figure out where he's at. Another summer of full training and I honestly don't see why people are calling this a lost year. He is 20 years old for crying out loud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad