Player Discussion David Perron (D) 2 years / 4M AAV

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'm not familiar with that poster, or any other poster for that level, so I apologize for not seeing that.

I generally read the posts and don't look at who is posting them or what tendencies posters have. Never cared about posters lives like that.
I find that hard to believe. I've been here a long time and I find it's impossible for me not to notice these consistencies with the avatars and names associated. It's an easy posting style to pick up on when they're only ever dropping one liners with extreme statements one way or another.

Reactions: Dionysus

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Hoping he and his family are okay

I think people who are expecting production from Perron haven't been really watching him last season where he was a PP merchant. We def overpaid for what he is today and he obviously won't go pointless but expectation shouldn't be high for him to produce a lot. I like his board battle skills though

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Did the poster understand and realize the personal situation? If so then so be it, this gang up mentality and self patting on the back is why i rarely post here anymore for a zillion reasons, god bless those who have never made a mistake and respect to your perfectness, but enjoy the dunk on them and bullying if thats what gets you off!

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
For sure. I just don't see what we can do about the players baby. All we can do is post. And I would almost guarantee he will never read any of it.

I just think people were being sensitive and called someone out for having a negative opinion about the player.

If someone said "really great addition. I think his veteran leadership will pay dividends this season" no one would say "man, why you gotta talk about hockey at a time like this" lol
I hear you, but I think that showing some compassion in the only way we can is part of the motivation in here.

Again, it’s not the content of the post, it was the timing of the post, and then the doubling down of the post.

Your argument comes across a little naive, or arguing for the sake of arguing, devils advocate kind of thing to be honest.

We observe this kind of compassionate behaviour all the time, like a moment of silence at a game to honour someone lost. You could could keep talking through the moment if you wanted to, but you’d get a lot of backlash around you from other people.

It’s considered in poor taste, and disrespectful. Those are the social sentiments that it conjures, at least from those who feel those types of feelings, and observe those types of social norms.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Some people are just crass and think somehow the world needs to hear their opinions. That seems to be popular these days (e.g., turning a visit to Arlington Cemetery into a political event). Remember the shock jocks on the radio in the 1980s? Also, I think there’s a few posters in here that just pretend to be Senator fans.
It seems so. Hot takes sell and get engagement. I've had my share of hot takes too, but there needs to be some nuance to qualify as "discussing" something.
When...KORPISALO....(hehehe) said the distraction around management affected his game, some people thought that was reasonable. But let's get on a guy's game who named his unborn baby early so the kid has a name in case something goes wrong. It's unreal.
Seriously. I get he's an easy target because of his age, salary and term, but he's actually had solid underlying numbers so far and is weathering a real life event.

I kind of felt bad for Korpisalo. He got a contract he never ever should have even sniffed, but because of that faced expectations he could be a #1, which he clearly can not, but then at the same time he's a very rich man because of it, so my sympathy is limited lol.

Reactions: Loach

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Like, we haven't seen ullmark in several days, but people are still discussing his abilities and what not. No one is saying "halt the discussion until his next start"
Wasn’t aware LU was having serious complications with a his wife’s pregnancy.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I find that hard to believe. I've been here a long time and I find it's impossible for me not to notice these consistencies with the avatars and names associated. It's an easy posting style to pick up on when they're only ever dropping one liners with extreme statements one way or another.

Maybe I gloss over the weird posts.

I also find I used to notice more when it was desktop rather than mobile, because you had a much bigger picture beside the post.

Find it hard to believe all you want. I wouldn't lie about that.

I wouldn't be surprised if you found out most posters don't actually pay attention to who is posting what and just address the posts themselves in general.

I hear you, but I think that showing some compassion in the only way we can is part of the motivation in here.

Again, it’s not the content of the post, it was the timing of the post, and then the doubling down of the post.

Your argument comes across a little naive, or arguing for the sake of arguing, devils advocate kind of thing to be honest.

We observe this kind of compassionate behaviour all the time, like a moment of silence at a game to honour someone lost. You could could keep talking through the moment if you wanted to, but you’d get a lot of backlash around you from other people.

It’s considered in poor taste, and disrespectful. Those are the social sentiments that it conjures, at least from those who feel those types of feelings, and observe those types of social norms.
I'd say not naive, but rather arguing for the sake of arguing. That is something I love doing as arguing passes the time.

Definitely love playing Devils advocate too.

I agree with what you say mostly. I would say the difference is the players can hear the moment of silence (pun intended) whereas this message forum is really just for the posters. Not saying the odd player might not read it, but a player with multiple kids? He ain't got time for that.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Wasn’t aware LU was having serious complications with a his wife’s pregnancy.

Exactly. So you would agree the "wait until he plays another game" argument isn't really relevant, hence the reason I brought up ullmark. To counter THAT specific argument.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Exactly. So you would agree the "wait until he plays another game" argument isn't really relevant, hence the reason I brought up ullmark. To counter THAT specific argument.
No I wouldn’t agree,
DP’s family is hoping their next child survives.
LU was injured for a few games, it was a dumb take, thinking their the same thing.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Maybe I gloss over the weird posts.

I also find I used to notice more when it was desktop rather than mobile, because you had a much bigger picture beside the post.

Find it hard to believe all you want. I wouldn't lie about that.

I wouldn't be surprised if you found out most posters don't actually pay attention to who is posting what and just address the posts themselves in general.
Fair enough if you don't. There's posters of all types and can't put everyone in a box. I'm pretty much always on a PC when I'm on here. The picture/name association to posting style on forums seems to stick in my brain without conscious thought about it.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
No I wouldn’t agree,
DP’s family is hoping their next child survives.
LU was injured for a few games, it was a dumb take, thinking their the same thing.
They're*

Fair enough if you don't. There's posters of all types and can't put everyone in a box. I'm pretty much always on a PC when I'm on here. The picture/name association to posting style on forums seems to stick in my brain without conscious thought about it.

I think that's the biggest difference. I actually used to use desktop view for a while on my phone too, because I liked being able to see the posters more.

You can still see it but I find you have to look for it more.

Plus I often find myself agree and disagreeing with all posters at one point or another so I like this method of not really paying attention to the poster. It's like the site rules say, "criticize the post, not the poster" or whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad