Player Discussion David Perron (D) 2 years / 4M AAV

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Obviously tough times for Perron and his family.

My gf is due in December so I can only imagine.

That being said, what's the rule for how long are we not allowed to talk about Perron's hockey ability in the Perron's hockey ability thread?

Asking for junglebeat.

Is is a matter of hours? Days? Weeks?

Maybe we should lock down the thread until we're allowed to start discussing his hockey abilities?

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

That being said, what's the rule for how long are we not allowed to talk about Perron's hockey ability in the Perron's hockey ability thread?

Asking for junglebeat.

Maybe we should lock down the thread until we're allowed to start discussing his hockey abilities?
I think common sense dictates that we await an outcome and spend our energy hoping/praying/putting out positive vibes for this little girl.

Friends and family of theirs read stuff online, so I should think that basic human compassion should dictate that now is not even the time to be asking those kinds of questions ‘for a friend’.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

Asking for junglebeat.

This is valid.

How about we wait until he is actually back playing and we can determine the level of positive or negative comments he deserves?

Reactions: Ice-Tray

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I think common sense dictates that we await an outcome and spend our energy hoping/praying/putting out positive vibes for this little girl.

Friends and family of theirs read stuff online, so I should think that basic human compassion should dictate that now is not even the time to be asking those kinds of questions ‘for a friend’.

Sure, though I would agree spending energy praying is more for the individual praying than anyone else.

I would see it as more classless if it was a thread about his family's concerns, and a poster was saying he looks slow out there. Wrong place for that.

I would say this is a message forum to discuss hockey more specifically and not politics or family issues.

So if someone wants to discuss Perron, they can't? But they can discuss Sanderson? So if someone wants to talk hockey, and wants to talk about Perron, they can't??

I would think if you only want people discussing the family issue, maybe create a thread for it so people can still discuss the hockey player that is still an active hockey player on contract as we're on a hockey message board. Here, hockey discussion should be a priority.

This is valid.

How about we wait until he is actually back playing and we can determine the level of positive or negative comments he deserves?

Sure, but I'm assuming they're basing it on the games they saw him play not too long ago?

Like, we haven't seen ullmark in several days, but people are still discussing his abilities and what not. No one is saying "halt the discussion until his next start"

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Still somehow led in a bunch of advanced stats.

I thought he looked not very good as well but with this weighing on your mind can’t imagine how hard it can be.

Big opportunity for Reinhardt to make an impression.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016

Asking for junglebeat.

Do we really need a rule? Seriously?

Is David Perron's hockey ability that important that we absolutely need to discuss it ASAP?

Or can we just... not post about his hockey for a little bit? Not posting is always an option.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Sure, though I would agree spending energy praying is more for the individual praying than anyone else.

I would see it as more classless if it was a thread about his family's concerns, and a poster was saying he looks slow out there. Wrong place for that.

I would say this is a message forum to discuss hockey more specifically and not politics or family issues.

So if someone wants to discuss Perron, they can't? But they can discuss Sanderson? So if someone wants to talk hockey, and wants to talk about Perron, they can't??

I would think if you only want people discussing the family issue, maybe create a thread for it so people can still discuss the hockey player that is still an active hockey player on contract as we're on a hockey message board. Here, hockey discussion should be a priority.

Sure, but I'm assuming they're basing it on the games they saw him play not too long ago?

Like, we haven't seen ullmark in several days, but people are still discussing his abilities and what not. No one is saying "halt the discussion until his next start"
All that said, you make it seem as though said poster actually had any interest in "discussing" Perron, when that's not the case. Just the usual drive by slag the player and be gone post as usual. Odd timing but doesn't really matter either way.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

No one is saying that people can’t. I think it’s pretty clear what people think about the timing and focus of some of the comments.

I think people sometimes ignore the answer right in front of them because they don’t like it.

Here is the answer to your question: yes you can talk about Perron and knock his game in his thread right now all you want. The negative response to that kind of behaviour right now is what you get from the forum in response. We can’t control the responses we get to our posts, any more than we expect not to be controlled about what we post.

Personally I think that the timing is bad, and the vibe is bad. Most people in here don’t want to engage in that kind of discourse at the moment. His baby girl’s life is on the line.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Do we really need a rule? Seriously?

Is David Perron's hockey ability that important that we absolutely need to discuss it ASAP?

Or can we just... not post about his hockey for a little bit? Not posting is always an option.

I literally suggested locking her up if people think not posting is the best option.

All that said, you make it seem as though said poster actually had any interest in "discussing" Perron, when that's not the case. Just the usual drive by slag the player and be gone post as usual. Odd timing but doesn't really matter either way.

I'm not familiar with that poster, or any other poster for that level, so I apologize for not seeing that.

I generally read the posts and don't look at who is posting them or what tendencies posters have. Never cared about posters lives like that.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
No one is saying that people can’t. I think it’s pretty clear what people think about the timing and focus of some of the comments.

I think people sometimes ignore the answer right in front of them because they don’t like it.

Here is the answer to your question: yes you can talk about Perron and knock his game in his thread right now all you want. The negative response to that kind of behaviour right now is what you get from the forum in response. We can’t control the responses we get to our posts, any more than we expect not to be controlled about what we post.

Personally I think that the timing is bad, and the vibe is bad. Most people in here don’t want to engage in that kind of discourse at the moment. His baby girl’s life is on the line.

For sure. I just don't see what we can do about the players baby. All we can do is post. And I would almost guarantee he will never read any of it.

I just think people were being sensitive and called someone out for having a negative opinion about the player.

If someone said "really great addition. I think his veteran leadership will pay dividends this season" no one would say "man, why you gotta talk about hockey at a time like this" lol

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Some people are just crass and think somehow the world needs to hear their opinions. That seems to be popular these days (e.g., turning a visit to Arlington Cemetery into a political event). Remember the shock jocks on the radio in the 1980s? Also, I think there’s a few posters in here that just pretend to be Senator fans.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
When...KORPISALO....(hehehe) said the distraction around management affected his game, some people thought that was reasonable. But let's get on a guy's game who named his unborn baby early so the kid has a name in case something goes wrong. It's unreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad