Player Discussion David Pastrnak

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Some of the girls (BU ice hockey team) found @davidpastrnak while exploring Boston today

1718481489676.png

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I know it may seem inconceivable, but does Pastrnak have another level?
I don't think so - and that's not a bad thing. 61 or more goals has only been scored in a single season 35 times, and Gretzky/Lemieux are a lot of those. At the time, other than McDavid that season, no one had scored that many goals since 2008. That's a pretty all-time season that will be tough for ANYONE to match. Very, very real chance he'll be the Bruins all-time leading goal scorer, and he'll be top 3 in overall scoring in the next few years. If there's another level, you're talking about an all-time great.

He's set up for success with Lindholm and Zacha the next few seasons. If anything, I'd like to see him be a consistent 50-60 goal guy through his early 30s, and find a way to be a consistent game breaker in the playoffs.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Perhaps. His defensive game is still growing, and he always says he wants to improve his game.
Nailed it.
I don't think so - and that's not a bad thing. 61 or more goals has only been scored in a single season 35 times, and Gretzky/Lemieux are a lot of those. At the time, other than McDavid that season, no one had scored that many goals since 2008. That's a pretty all-time season that will be tough for ANYONE to match. Very, very real chance he'll be the Bruins all-time leading goal scorer, and he'll be top 3 in overall scoring in the next few years. If there's another level, you're talking about an all-time great.

He's set up for success with Lindholm and Zacha the next few seasons. If anything, I'd like to see him be a consistent 50-60 goal guy through his early 30s, and find a way to be a consistent game breaker in the playoffs.
and this.

Nice job.

Those are the areas he can realistically improve. Both things come from experience and he is still young. He will always be an offensive juggernaut and has been adding to his D game. I would be pleasantly surprised if he ever scores 60 again…but I wonder if the D game continues to develop - along with general earned veteran savvy.

That’s my wish - and that the front office is somehow able to add/develop the last few pieces needed to get back to the SCF as soon as possible .

Sending this to Santa Claus right now.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
A little bit better of a PP and upgrade the center and 60 is what you can project for Pasternak. He hit 47 this year despite being badly snakebit and unable to score on the man up the last 1/4 of the season.

If there’s a year he can light a couple guys like Ottawa Korpisalo up for 3-4 goals in October I’d love to see him take a run at 50 in 50.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
A little bit better of a PP and upgrade the center and 60 is what you can project for Pasternak. He hit 47 this year despite being badly snakebit and unable to score on the man up the last 1/4 of the season.

If there’s a year he can light a couple guys like Ottawa Korpisalo up for 3-4 goals in October I’d love to see him take a run at 50 in 50.
Welp…he doesn’t have Korpisalo to shoot on this year (except at practice). :-/

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3