Rumor: David Pagnotta: Marner would waive for Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He did an interview with the Leafs Nation and said one of the teams Marner would waive for is Chicago.

To me the only way the money works is if Seth Jones is involved in that.

I've always wanted to see a Rielly-Jones pair, and a top 3 on defense of Rielly, Jones and McCabe is certainly something I could support, I think you have the basis of a pretty good defense if you have Rielly, Jones and McCabe on it.

I also think Jones alone is not enough and if you are going to do that you need to be in the forward market in free agency.

you need to be in on Skinner when he gets bought out, Debrusk, Perron, Arvidson, Bertuzzi Duchene every top 6 available because otherwise you have a pretty big hole up front.

There is to much smoke to be no fire.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I don’t think Jones without retention holds value. Jones at 7.5 million would be very appealing tho. I’d be targeting Alex Vlasic hard

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I doubt Chi trades for Marner but signing him in FA makes a ton of sense. Marner will only be 28 next season and could be a Hossa-like signing for the Hawks

:skeptic:

They wouldn't be adding him to a core of guys like Toews/Kane/Keith/Seabrook/Sharp/Hjalmarsson though.

They'd be adding him to Bedard and a whole lot of nothing else.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Marner would love it in Chicago. Big market team with big market pockets but with a media scene that is super friendly.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I want to dunk on this because in all honesty anyone but Bedard should be on the table for Marner but Vlasic has impressed me every single time I’ve watched him.
He was one of the best shutdown defenders in the league this year. Like literally top 5. He's 23 and locked up on a fantastic deal.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Both players have no movement clauses

Yes and supposedly Marner would waive his to go to Chicago, to me that's harder to believe than Jones waiving to go to Toronto because while yes you do have Bedard Toronto is a much MUCH better team than Chicago and that's not changing for AT LEAST 5 years

• Haha
Reactions: dj Mahoney
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad