punk255

Mar 15, 2014
I didnt know that DD body was big enought to contain a virus
It's like a virus inside another virus

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Yep, that's why we break this duo against Ottawa....and twice this year. Because we needed offense, and now we need to get them together because we need offense?

Insanity is to try the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.
Pacioretty - Desharnais NEVER worked well in the PO, not this year, not last year and not two years ago. Why would it be any different this time around? Cause DD missed a game?

Didn't patches play far more with plek this year than dd? And regardless, if he produces in the regular season with dd, what's his excuse for not producing in the playoffs - ever. At some point, the dd irrationality should leave space for accountability for max

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Didn't patches play far more with plek this year than dd? And regardless, if he produces in the regular season with dd, what's his excuse for not producing in the playoffs - ever. At some point, the dd irrationality should leave space for accountability for max

If you want my opinion on the matter : Time and Space.

Those are harder to get in the PO and that's exactly why guys like Eller or Weise seems to be better in the PO, they are able to generate time and space for themselves and others.

As for Max, he's simply playing with a Desharnais who is completely unable to generate time and space for himself or others. In fact, it's the complete opposite, he takes away time and space from Max cause of his inability to be a threat by himself and his refusal to take the shot, so the opponent can concentrate on Max. Kill Max and it kill the whole line....been that way for 3 years now.

But i hope you are aware that Max, although not producing as he should, still produce more than Desharnais.

Last edited:

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Over the last four seasons DD has had 60,47,52,48 points (the half season pro-rated). That's very consistent and just fine. Sure, he had a dry spell as this last season finished. I don't see how that changes anything in my argument. I'm no DD fan but I don't buy the DD derangement syndrome argument either. He's not as bad as you say.

Desharnais scores what is called "soft points". Of course a centre who's good for around 50 points a season looks great on paper. But he's not the guy you're going to rely on to win games, because he gets cold so often. While he goes on some pretty good streaks as a very good, top six producer, he's also gone through streaks where he's objectively hampering the offence. It evens out at the end of the season, but when the game tightens up in the playoffs, his flaws become glaring. It's no secret that when given similar minutes and linemates, Galchenyuk Eller and Plekanec and perform as good or better. In one less playoff game, Eller has 5 more career points in the playoffs playing on the exact same team. Last year, Eller more than doubled DD's point total playing on inferior lines.

I definitely agree that he isn't as bad as this board says he is. The correct argument isn't that he does not belong in the NHL, it's that he doesn't belong on the first line of a team who's in a position to win a cup now. In the short term, putting him on the first line makes the team actively worse, and in the long term, he's taking away minutes that could be better served both grooming our future key components, and also minutes that can be used to... generate actual offence.

I think that in a perfect world, Desharnais should be traded for picks to a bubble team that wants to generate offence while their young, future stars are developing. I see him on Florida or even Edmonton or Columbus.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

In the regular season Max spent 62% of his time with Desharnais, 19% with Plekanec, and 14% with Galchenyuk.

So no Max didn't play far more with Plek than DD.

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal
During the break, TVA showed a slow mo replay of the goal. Right before the goal, Tampa has possession at the blue line and DD... He's standing next to the blue line too, his terrible coverage of the Center ice leaves space open for the goal. Brutal.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
During the break, TVA showed a slow mo replay of the goal. Right before the goal, Tampa has possession at the blue line and DD... He's standing next to the blue line too, his terrible coverage of the Center ice leaves space open for the goal. Brutal.

Right after the goal Markov looked at DD...he went out to the blueline covering the puck carrier with the puck assuming DD would stay between the puck and Killorn, or the net and Killorn..instead he stood there watching near the blueline. Cherry was dead wrong as usual...no wonder he lasted one game in the league.

Monsieur

Oct 30, 2006
He was better than Plekanec, Eller and Mitchell tonight.

If DD would pass the puck on the tape of Stamkos in our zone or mess up a shot with 10 seconds left in the game to create... whatever that mess that was, he would be crucified.

Throw your hate toward others players tonight, DD was our best center tonight. And that's pretty telling.

expy

Nov 2, 2010

If DD would pass the puck on the tape of Stamkos in our zone or mess up a shot with 10 seconds left in the game to create... whatever that mess that was, he would be crucified.

Throw your hate toward others players tonight, DD was our best center tonight. And that's pretty telling.

Eller was better than he was.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I thought DD played a pretty good game tonight but of course, no results again but he did played well. He was really strong with the puck around the board.

dre2112

Jul 17, 2007
US and A

Which means absolutely nothing besides the fact that ALL OUR CENTERS SUCK

fufonzo

Feb 28, 2004

Ya, people will see what they want to see. I thought DD was very solid tonight. Despite his size, his puck possession along the boards has been very good.

Eller played well too though.

Hankerchief*

Oh ya? Looking at the score sheet and I fail to see his name.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
DD did practically nothing other than stick to the boards.

A center...

Sticking to the boards...

Or on his knees off the faceoff as he watches his lost attempt get out of the offensive zone on a shift he didn't deserve.

Eller created chances that resulted in actual SHOTS ON NET. DD did nothing away from the boards... Even missed the puck Galchenyuk gave him to an empty net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad