NESN Dave Goucher and Shane Hnidy are negotiating with NESN for next season

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
This would likely be the most exciting news the team has had in some time and would make next season more bearable if the Bruins do fail in game 7. Brickley would be missed unless they shift him to intermission but that desk is crowded already.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
1) New England is a beautiful place to live.

2) The Bruins are one of the NHL's most historic teams

3) I know this original comment is hinting at the current postseason state of affairs but it's only been 13 years since Boston's last Cup. In the grand scheme of things, that's not that long ago.
Hi new poster. Welcome to the crazy board.

jimmccabe40

May 3, 2024
Hi new poster. Welcome to the crazy board.
Hello! in case my last post didn't drive the point home, I'm a local broadcaster who is very much gunning for this position. I have a bunch of colleagues who are too, but unlike them I'm being very transparent about this and I guess you'd say engaging in a guerilla marketing campaign. what do I have to lose, except having everyone tell me I'm not good enough? surely it's better than just letting the chance go by. I'm still working on my 23-24 demo and maybe I can share it here later this weekend. I thought this was my best year and my mission is making the NHL.

I have been with the Seahawks Hockey Club of Cape Cod since 2017, the Islanders Hockey Club in Tyngsboro and North Andover since 2018. take a listen, if you've got the time.

-Jim

2023:

2022:

2021:

2020:

2019:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Hello! in case my last post didn't drive the point home, I'm a local broadcaster who is very much gunning for this position. I have a bunch of colleagues who are too, but unlike them I'm being very transparent about this and I guess you'd say engaging in a guerilla marketing campaign. what do I have to lose, except having everyone tell me I'm not good enough? surely it's better than just letting the chance go by. I'm still working on my 23-24 demo and maybe I can share it here later this weekend. I thought this was my best year and my mission is making the NHL.

I have been with the Seahawks Hockey Club of Cape Cod since 2017, the Islanders Hockey Club in Tyngsboro and North Andover since 2018. take a listen, if you've got the time.

-Jim

2023:

2022:

2021:

2020:

2019:

Real name, ID, and you are tossing your hat into the ring.

Go for it, give it all you got.

Now you'll have to pardon me while I wash this egg from my face...

jimmccabe40

May 3, 2024
idk if anyone who posted in this thread before is still monitoring it, but I'm a man of my word and here's my 23-24 hockey play-by-play demo. I hope the Boston Bruins will consider me for the gig. may the best man win and good luck to the B's the rest of the 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Reactions: BMC and Bodit9

nickyb

May 5, 2004
Brick is fantastic and it would be sleazy to let him go or shift him to some other menial role......but it is NESN so what can we expect......with that said, Goucher is incredible.....not familiar with Hnidy but if it takes a package deal to land Gouch then go for it I suppose.

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
I can confirm that both Dave Goucher and Shane Hnidy have had discussions with NESN for next year and talks are ongoing.

Vegas local TV is shaky right now as games are now shown on free OTA TV and they have lost the Salt Lake City market starting next year. This all came about when AT&T Sportsnet folded last year.

Everything is fluid right now but if Vegas gets knocked out by Dallas that will be a major financial hit for the team.
Absolutely perfect. Goucher is my dream replacement for Jack.

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
Why would they want this job right now?
Why wouldn't they? Goucher has Boston ties so does Hnidy. Boston's a decent place to live and raise a family. We're an o6 franchise with all of the history that entails.

Vegas isn't a bad gig, but Boston is just better for hockey media. Higher profile, more established, tons of history, better side gigs.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Brick is fantastic and it would be sleazy to let him go or shift him to some other menial role......but it is NESN so what can we expect......with that said, Goucher is incredible.....not familiar with Hnidy but if it takes a package deal to land Gouch then go for it I suppose.
My gripe with Brick is that he talks over the play too often, but he might be great for in-studio.

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
Why? We have no truly bad contracts. 1/3 of the NHL is horrible and each conference has 8 playoff spots for the 8-10 competent teams we don't even get real races for the postseason anymore. Bruins won't fall off what they were this year.
Bruins have ALREADY fallen off

Turns out they didn't fall very far.

I mean -- who else is going soon? Marchand's gonna be a big hit but Marchand has a few years left. Ullmark is going but we still have Swayman and it won't be hard to work another rookie in behind him given reasonable luck.

Don't get me wrong, Bergeron is missed. But frankly it feels like Bergeron didn't have that much left to give us anyway if this is what we can do the year after he's gone. He already gave us everything he was.

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
This would likely be the most exciting news the team has had in some time and would make next season more bearable if the Bruins do fail in game 7. Brickley would be missed unless they shift him to intermission but that desk is crowded already.
I get the love for Brick but the man's been in the booth since the Fred Cusik days. if he goes, it won't be before his time.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Yes, fallen from 135pts to 109pts, with a much lesser team. The B's have a good amount of money to spend this offseason. I don't see them leaving the upper 25% of the league. I'm no math genius, but that's Top 10 at the very least. Top 3 in the Atlantic easily, just on goaltending and defense alone.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
I get the love for Brick but the man's been in the booth since the Fred Cusik days. if he goes, it won't be before his time.
Wrong, Low hanging fruit.

Broadcasting career[edit]​

Brickley's first experience as a broadcaster came when he was with the Grizzlies, participating in broadcasts while he was injured.[37]

WBZ Radio hired Brickley in 1996 to replace Barry Pederson as the color commentator on Bruins radio broadcasts.[37] In 1997, UPN 38 selected Brickley as Derek Sanderson's replacement on Bruins television broadcasts.[38] He joined NESN in 2000,[39] initially working primarily road games with broadcaster Dave Shea. Beginning with the 2005–06 season, Brickley called all games, doing the road games with Jack Edwards and the home games with Dale Arnold.[40] Since the 2007–08 season, he and Edwards have called all of NESN's Bruins telecasts. Brickley also did color commentary for Versus, and has occasionally done the same with NBCSN for their televised NHL games as a guest commentator.

Cusick did the last game of the old Garden and the 1st game of the new Garden and them he retired.
Brick started with Dave Shea.

Too many knowledgeable fans on this site. A lot oldtimers like me. If I didn't correct you someone else would have.

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
Wrong, Low hanging fruit.

Broadcasting career[edit]​

Brickley's first experience as a broadcaster came when he was with the Grizzlies, participating in broadcasts while he was injured.[37]

WBZ Radio hired Brickley in 1996 to replace Barry Pederson as the color commentator on Bruins radio broadcasts.[37] In 1997, UPN 38 selected Brickley as Derek Sanderson's replacement on Bruins television broadcasts.[38] He joined NESN in 2000,[39] initially working primarily road games with broadcaster Dave Shea. Beginning with the 2005–06 season, Brickley called all games, doing the road games with Jack Edwards and the home games with Dale Arnold.[40] Since the 2007–08 season, he and Edwards have called all of NESN's Bruins telecasts. Brickley also did color commentary for Versus, and has occasionally done the same with NBCSN for their televised NHL games as a guest commentator.

Cusick did the last game of the old Garden and the 1st game of the new Garden and them he retired.
Brick started with Dave Shea.

Too many knowledgeable fans on this site. A lot oldtimers like me. If I didn't correct you someone else would have.
And by proving me wrong, you proved my point

Brick doesn't owe us anything.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
It's not about right or wrong. Some of use, like me have watched the B's since the 60's and know the history of all things B's. Some misinformation sticks out like a sore thumb.
If you followed the Forum. you'd know that >50% of here wanted to move on from Jack and Brick for a while.
Gouch' is the best man left standing, Hnidy is an afterthought in my mind, I have no idea what he brings, but Gouch is a top pro But NESN is notoriously cheap, so it's wait and see.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Never was a fan of Jack's folksy homer shtick(guys like Mike Gorman and Jerry Trupiano are unicorns). That being said it sucks for anyone to not be able to leave on their own terms.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad