NFL: Davante Adams requests a trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
KC financially probably doesn't work but people outright saying, "Never would happen anyway" because of nonsense "Division Rival" is dumb

The idea of not making trade within division when you're a team that will miss playoffs that could better help your future (Get picks) is so asinine

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
KC financially probably doesn't work but people outright saying, "Never would happen anyway" because of nonsense "Division Rival" is dumb

The idea of not making trade within division when you're a team that will miss playoffs that could better help your future (Get picks) is so asinine
But the Chiefs picks would be end of round shit since they're going to AFC Conference final at the very least, surely there would be better offers out there.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
But the Chiefs picks would be end of round shit since they're going to AFC Conference final at the very least, surely there would be better offers out there.
Looking at the clubs who would be interested, all likely to be Division winners, save for the Jets (depends on their H2H with Buffalo). So, any of them would be from pick 55 onwards most likely.

This isn't Claypool with pick #33 (ultimately #32 due to the Miami forfeiting for Brady tampering). No team with a likely pick that is 40-45 is going to trade for Adams. Would not make any sense.

Again, salary cap for this season can be manipulated with either a conversion of base salary to bonus and/or with LV retaining on Adams to lower the cap charge for the remainder of this season. As for future years, well, that's up to Adams and the new team to figure out how to give him his money over the next 2 years at a reasonable cap number. Likely to push dead cap into 2027 to achieve that.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Seems like Adams prefers to play with a QB he's played with before it seems like Jets and Saints would be the favorites.

Do three way trades happen in the NFL?

Would be funny to see him traded for a pick and then that team trades him to KC for a better pick
can’t recall a 3 way deal. NFL deals are almost never top player to roster players. Typically it’s draft picks in return. It’s not nhl/nba/mlb.

Only way a team flips Adams is if they are willing to absorb most of his base salary for 2024 which is $900k plus per week. Whereas LV prefer to be able to slide the cap savings from 2024 after dealing Adams to 2025 to spend on players.

But that’s not likely.

Reactions: Jovavic

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
Honest question, and I'm not trying to disparaging.

Is the Raiders owner all the way there mentally?
1727894404109.png

No sane person willingly rocks that haircut in public. He has few screws loose for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wonder if the Bills can get involved here.
They have the extra 2nd from Houston in the Diggs trade. So, they have the asset that the Raiders covet in return. Buffalo would need to work around the cap charge I would imagine. But, if that can be worked out either with Buffalo restructuring their own guys to push some cap to 2025 and/or LV adjusting or eating a part of Adams deal, they could make it work.
Just depends if Adams wants to go to Buffalo or whether he wants to go play with ARod or Carr.

And whether he wants to be with that team he's traded to for the next season or two or whether he is thinking, I'm a rental this year and the team will cut me to avoid the $36 mill I'm due for 2025. Which is also not guaranteed. Or he wants to be signed with guaranteed money for 2025.

Honest question, and I'm not trying to disparaging.

Is the Raiders owner all the way there mentally?
I don't think he is that way, but he's clearly incompetent. Can't hire a good front office. Thus constant change in management. Of the $32 mill in dead cap for 2024, $19 mill comes from the 1 year of service they got from Jones, Jimmy, and Hoyer from the prior regime. Every team kicks cap charges down the line, but you want to get a couple of years of service out of the player, not be one and done like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad