Waived: Daugavins Placed on Waivers - Claimed by Boston

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
It's probably tough for him personally as he has been with the same organization and the same guys for a long time:

Kaspars Daugavins ‏@Daugavins23 7h
Probably do not like my job. #sad

Kaspars Daugavins Kaspars Daugavins ‏@Daugavins23 7h
With the guidance of the agreed and sadly our paths would divorce! #sorrybutdonothing

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
It's probably tough for him personally as he has been with the same organization and the same guys for a long time:

With the guidance of the agreed and sadly our paths would divorce! #sorrybutdonothing

Well w/that I def don't want him in Bingo..

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
Daugavins is on a 1 way contract which means he will get $635K (pro rated around $80K) to play in Bingo. He may have been put on waivers now, so he can be sent down at a later date, that way they can clear a roster spot quickly if they make a trade, we'll see soon enough I guess. If he clears waivers, they don't have to send him down, they can keep him on the team.

Silvercup Returns

King Karlsson
Jul 28, 2005
Ottawa

Did he like run this through Babelfish?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
It's for the best for both parties

With our depth I'm surprised he lasted this long with the big club
Given that he is a free agent it's very unlikely he would have been re-signed, even if he is a great locker room guy
Waiving him potentially gives him a chance to stay in the NHL with a new franchise
Instead of waiting until the offseason to let him go, we potentially part ways now, giving him a shot with another team instead of hoping a team signs him as a UFA

I liked the guy, but he had no future on this team.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
I see Daug bolting to finish this season in Latvia, if there is still..really don't know what he's going to do in Bingo..

KHL season is over, they are in the midst of the playoffs. No way he gives up on the NHL just yet.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Bishop, Gryba + prospect (puempel or prince) to Edmonton for Hemsky + prospect? Plus Maybe a swap of some mid round picks?

i think hemsky would be a pretty good fit on this team, but i'm not for trading a defenseman this second. in the off-season maybe, but not now. potential starting goalie that has a questionable future with the team, a bottom pairing defenseman, and a potential second line winger for a player that could put up some points with spezza seems fairly reasonable. i'd like it better if we didn't have to give up a prospect along with those players and just added a pick instead. my question is why do this when we could (apparently) get cammalleri for bishop and a pick? cammalleri can also play center, so he has that going for him as well.

also, this is the daugavins is waived thread, not the trade thread, lol.

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
Posted this in the Brian Lee thread by mistake, should have been here instead.

Here's more on the waiver rules.
http://www.mcsorleys-stick.com/nhl-w...les-explained/

Quote:
A player may be loaned to a club of another league if (a) he’s already been through waivers during the current waiver period and (b) the Player has not played in 10 or more NHL Games since the last time he went through waivers, and (c) more than 30 days have not passed since the last time he went through waivers.

In other words, if a player just went through waivers within the last month and hasn’t played in many games, he’s not going to have to clear waivers again.
Agree that there are lot's of reasons that a player could be on waivers.

It could be that they put him waivers to make it easier to send him down to Bingo for a cup run there if required. Is it a coincidence that the season ends 30 days after he clears waivers? (assuming he clears).

There are other reasons he could have been placed on waivers.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Daugavins in an interview said that he and his agent (hence why his agent tweeted the news first) asked to put him on the waivers voluntarily. He said he wants to play even if it means AHL.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Daugavins in an interview said that he and his agent (hence why his agent tweeted the news first) asked to put him on the waivers voluntarily. He said he wants to play even if it means AHL.

Interesting... that definitely changes my views on it. Was he told that he wouldn't be getting much playing time, or was it a hunch?

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Interesting... that definitely changes my views on it. Was he told that he wouldn't be getting much playing time, or was it a hunch?

The interview (well those couple of sentences) says that he already "is bit tired off sitting on sidelines and he thinks that waivers not necessarily mean that he will end up in AHL". No prediction about his future icetime with Sens, but he would be ok with any kind of change, that would not make him a healthy scratch. That's all we got.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Well w/that I def don't want him in Bingo..

Why?
Out of context the first one sounds like he's saying that the Senators must not be happy with how he's playing currently.

The second, is a little more gibberish - but doesn't sound like anything diva-like. More like a 'we grew apart' mutual understanding type comment.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I guess he didn't feel comfortable pleading his case with Maclean as Regin did a couple of times when he was not slated to play.

Maybe after he played well and scored a goal and didn't play the next game he thought the writing was on the wall.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Good for him & good for Murray for clearing out a contract Ottawa didn't really need. Of course, we could be seeing him alot now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad