Value of: Darcy Kuemper

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Are you getting Makar, Toews, Byram with him?

Husso could be a target?
I mean Campbell Kuemper and Husso have the 3 lowest save percentages in the playoffs this season. Tough to find a guy tbh

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Are you getting Makar, Toews, Byram with him?

Husso could be a target?

he's played well without those guys before

it's not like Toronto is not a good team, they won 54 games and put up 115 points with dog shit goaltending from December-May

imagine if they had a good goalie.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
He could be a good candidate for some team, these playoffs will probably lessen his contract by quite a bit from the one he was looking at a couple of months ago.

I think he’s still a good goalie but he’s got a serious case of the yips right now, would much rather Colorado look at Campbell who I think is a decent amount better.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
he's played well without those guys before

it's not like Toronto is not a good team, they won 54 games and put up 115 points with dog shit goaltending from December-May

imagine if they had a good goalie.

Imagine if they had Colorado type defense.
Avs aren’t better than Toronto because of goaltending….

Regular season means nothing for Toronto or should mean nothing at this point, it’s all about getting it done when it matters and Kuemper is getting carried by his team.

You’ll be in a rough place to spent real money on a quality proven goalie

I mean Campbell Kuemper and Husso have the 3 lowest save percentages in the playoffs this season. Tough to find a guy tbh

Husso had weak playoffs but he was really solid in regular season. He’s young and has room to improve(improve consistency) and with good back up it could work or end up as excellent for Colorado.

They too will be having difficulties with paying for proven 1G with their cap constructure

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Imagine if they had Colorado type defense.
Avs aren’t better than Toronto because of goaltending….

Regular season means nothing for Toronto or should mean nothing at this point, it’s all about getting it done when it matters and Kuemper is getting carried by his team.

You’ll be in a rough place to spent real money on a quality proven goalie

Husso had weak playoffs but he was really solid in regular season. He’s young and has room to improve(improve consistency) and with good back up it could work or end up as excellent for Colorado.

They too will be having difficulties with paying for proven 1G with their cap constructure

again he's played well outside of Colorado

and again It's not like Toronto has a bad defense either

Rielly
Brodie
Muzin
Sandin
Lilly
Giordano

I don't have Holl listed because I don't think he's going to be there I think he's gone.

That's not a bad 1-6

The Leafs have a great offense they a great offense, they have a good defense, they have no goalie.

Said it before and will say it again If Campbell could have given them 2 good games in a row at ANY point in the series against Tampa, Tampa wouldn't be playing right now.

He couldn't

he can't

the Leafs issues are in net they need consistency, they can't have a goalie that makes you go "f*** I hope they get at least 4 tonight because Campbell is letting in AT LEAST 3."

and it's even worse if it's Mrazek

then you better hope to score at least 5

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
again he's played well outside of Colorado

and again It's not like Toronto has a bad defense either

Rielly
Brodie
Muzin
Sandin
Lilly
Giordano

I don't have Holl listed because I don't think he's going to be there I think he's gone.

That's not a bad 1-6

The Leafs have a great offense they a great offense, they have a good defense, they have no goalie.

Said it before and will say it again If Campbell could have given them 2 good games in a row at ANY point in the series against Tampa, Tampa wouldn't be playing right now.

He couldn't

he can't

the Leafs issues are in net they need consistency, they can't have a goalie that makes you go "f*** I hope they get at least 4 tonight because Campbell is letting in AT LEAST 3."

and it's even worse if it's Mrazek

then you better hope to score at least 5

Again, goaltending is not what is separating Colorado and Toronto.
Toronto has okay to good defense where as Colorados groups is straight up elite.

Kuemper has never been tested in the playoffs really before this year and he’s getting carried.

He’s 32y and will get term& money, I should actually hope you burn all your money on him and lose more depth because of it.
Would be a favour to the Atlantic division

Reactions: Altimus

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Again, goaltending is not what is separating Colorado and Toronto.
Toronto has okay to good defense where as Colorados groups is straight up elite.

Kuemper has never been tested in the playoffs really before this year and he’s getting carried.

He’s 32y and will get term& money, I should actually hope you burn all your money on him and lose more depth because of it.
Would be a favour to the Atlantic division

you don't need an elite defense.

You need a good offense and considering the Leafs finished #2 in the NHL fort offense and scored 3+ on Tampa for 6 straight games and the offense is lead by the reigning MVP I think we can both agree the Leafs have a good offense, in fact I'd go a step further and call it elite.

A good defense, which you yourself have said the Leafs have.

and a good goalie and this is where Toronto is lacking, they don't have a guy that can make the save, the save you need to beat Tampa.

Maybe that guy is Kuemper

Maybe it's Husso

Maybe it's Fleury

Maybe it's a trade option like Varlamov

or Lehner

or Gibson

or Blackwood out of NJ because he put up solid numbers in his first couple seasons but NJ is AWFUL now maybe he bounces back on a better team.

you know who can tell you 10000000% for sure that it's not?

Jack Campbell

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
you don't need an elite defense.

You need a good offense and considering the Leafs finished #2 in the NHL fort offense and scored 3+ on Tampa for 6 straight games and the offense is lead by the reigning MVP I think we can both agree the Leafs have a good offense, in fact I'd go a step further and call it elite.

A good defense, which you yourself have said the Leafs have.

and a good goalie and this is where Toronto is lacking, they don't have a guy that can make the save, the save you need to beat Tampa.

Maybe that guy is Kuemper

Maybe it's Husso

Maybe it's Fleury

Maybe it's a trade option like Varlamov

or Lehner

or Gibson

or Blackwood out of NJ because he put up solid numbers in his first couple seasons but NJ is AWFUL now maybe he bounces back on a better team.

you know who can tell you 10000000% for sure that it's not?

Jack Campbell

Colorado sure as hell needs an elite defense with Kuemper in net.
If they had a good defense they wouldn’t have gotten past the Blues

& often if you look at the past Stanley Cup winners they have been elite defensively.

(Colorado)
Tampa
Boston
La
Chicago

As a Boston fan I like that you are going after average goalies

• Haha
Reactions: LurkerMcgee

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He should get what a mid tier starter gets, unless he lets in a couple of softies to cause CO to lose the Cup. I’d say something like 25m on his next contract.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
I think Kuemper is a pretty good option for teams that are going to be in the bottom half of the standings. he is a sieve in the playoffs, but it doesnt matter if the team never reaches it. :naughty: he also is capable of putting up good numbers when being exposed facing tons of shots and has a concussion history, which would guarantee your youngster backup some mileage.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
In reality, he is probably the best UFA goalie available. The competition is guys like Husso, Campbell, Holtby, etc. Nobody as proven certainly. He had a rough playoff with his eye issue and some shaky play in a few games, but he still backed the Avalanche to the cup. 5M x 4 or 5 years minimum.

Reactions: Jakey53

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

you laugh because you can't prove me wrong I have all the proof, watch him after any game where he loses that dude is not mentally strong

In reality, he is probably the best UFA goalie available. The competition is guys like Husso, Campbell, Holtby, etc. Nobody as proven certainly. He had a rough playoff with his eye issue and some shaky play in a few games, but he still backed the Avalanche to the cup. 5M x 4 or 5 years minimum.

I mean MAF is just as proven, in fact he's more proven but point taken

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
He’s a little above average, and serviceable. He’ll do just fine in New Jersey between $5-6 million depending on the term.

Leafs should stay clear of him. His head isn’t built for Toronto. Of those available, I’m not sure who’s is. Fleury can do it mentally but let’s face it, he hasn’t been very good the last couple years. Especially when it counts. They won’t be able to fit Bobrovsky AAV wise.. Samsonov hasn’t shown anything of value yet. Funny thing is, out of those available, a trade for Blackwood might be their best bet. He’s a special kind of nutbag, and might like it in TO. Not sure having two special kind of nutbags (Mrazek) in the same room will work but should be fun at least.

Every available goaltender gets linked on here to the Leafs these days but there isn’t anything special available. Unfortunately I think the Leafs probably end up circling back to Campbell telling themselves, at least they know what they have with Campbell.
5-6 mil,for “just fine”!?
Markstrom is at around 6 isn’t he? I’m not sure how pumped I would be offering 5-6 for Keumper. I’d rather have Husso .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad