Former Bruins Danton Heinen

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
To me, he’s the same player but has matured a bit. Skill and attributes are the same IMO.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Heinen has surprised me this season, but the guy can't finish plays. I find most of his shot attempts either get blocked or he flat out misses the net from 12-15 feet out.

Reactions: TCB

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Careful. Some folks here get agitated if you dare speak negatively of Heinen
not me been saying it all year that he did not belong up there and took a lot of shit for it. Move DeBrusk up there or Boqvist, hey I know he is not a goal score but he could open up some ice for Pasta and Zacka with the way he plays and is strong on the forecheck LAUKO ,worth a shot.

• Haha
Reactions: drkfluff and TCB

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
not me been saying it all year that he did not belong up there and took a lot of shit for it. Move DeBrusk up there or Boqvist, hey I know he is not a goal score but he could open up some ice for Pasta and Zacka with the way he plays and is strong on the forecheck LAUKO ,worth a shot.
Heinen benefits from his positioning. Knows when to creep to the slot, knows when to fade to the wall, knows when it's safe to fly the zone. Skill wise he's just not there.

I wouldn't mind Bogey getting a shot just for the speed factor. He also strikes me as the type of guy that would elevate his compete level if given the chance. Not saying he could sustain it, or be successful himself, but if it creates a little more space or opportunity for Zacha and Pasta then it's well worth it.

Reactions: Hookslide and TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Heinen has surprised me this season, but the guy can't finish plays. I find most of his shot attempts either get blocked or he flat out misses the net from 12-15 feet out.
He's done well this year, but no matter how you slice it, he's a 3rd 4th line player, who's been playing top line minutes with the Bruins do to their lack of top six players. Now its playoff time and his warts are showing a little bit more. I cant knock the player, he gives it his all and is an extremely heady player he's just not a top six, talent wise anyways.

Reactions: Ladyfan

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
He's done well this year, but no matter how you slice it, he's a 3rd 4th line player, who's been playing top line minutes with the Bruins do to their lack of top six players. Now its playoff time and his warts are showing a little bit more. I cant knock the player, he gives it his all and is an extremely heady player he's just not a top six, well talent wise anyways.

the talent gap will show when you need a guy to make that one play at the end of a sequence to finish, his healing on that golden chance is a great example, he should be pass first on that line

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
weird (but unsurprising) that I had to go to the 2nd page to find the Heinen thread the morning after he wins a 1-on-2 battle against likely Hart finalist Matthews and 6'5 Edmundson to set up a playoff game winner.

Some of you knuckleheads should really be forced to watch that sequence on repeat clockwork orange style after all the shit that was talked about this guy during camp. "waaahhhh, he's SOFT! waaahhh he's a JAG!" It's a wonder some of y'all are even able to log on to your computers to post this shit.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
weird (but unsurprising) that I had to go to the 2nd page to find the Heinen thread the morning after he wins a 1-on-2 battle against likely Hart finalist Matthews and 6'5 Edmundson to set up a playoff game winner.

Some of you knuckleheads should really be forced to watch that sequence on repeat clockwork orange style after all the shit that was talked about this guy during camp. "waaahhhh, he's SOFT! waaahhh he's a JAG!" It's a wonder some of y'all are even able to log on to your computers to post this shit.

lol I can think of TWO in particular

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I was kind of hoping the Bs would sign him for a few years. Danton is a very versatile player and I liked what I saw from him last season.

Good Luck . I had fun watching you play last season.

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Hey guys, another guy Vancouver picked up, and chance you guys can give us an honest scouting report on what we’re getting?

Cheers!

Reactions: pearljamvs5

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Hey guys, another guy Vancouver picked up, and chance you guys can give us an honest scouting report on what we’re getting?

Cheers!
He had a good season for the Bs last season. Can play on any line and often was on the top lines. He can play on special teams. Heinen is a very versatile player.

He is well liked by the coach and fellow teammates.

I wanted the Bs to keep him...Oh well.

Reactions: BMC and Canucks LB

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
First off, much respect for what he did this year to help the Bruins. The fact that he waited it out to make sure the Bruins got everything in order to sign him speaks volumes.

Thought he looked like a better player this year than his first stint with Boston.

There’s no denying I completely shit all over this guy for a long time but I’ll give respect where it’s due, and I’ll pay up.

Good luck in Vancouver.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

Cheers!
He's a very smart player and can play on any line. He adapts really well and plays off his linemates strengths and can play both special teams. He's great defensively and what he doesn't make up with speed, he makes up with positioning. The big knock on Heinen's first run with the Bruins was his lack of physicality, but he's more than willing now to separate players with contact rather than poke check like he used to. You guys got a good one.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
First off, much respect for what he did this year to help the Bruins. The fact that he waited it out to make sure the Bruins got everything in order to sign him speaks volumes.

Thought he looked like a better player this year than his first stint with Boston.

There’s no denying I completely shit all over this guy for a long time but I’ll give respect where it’s due, and I’ll pay up.

Good luck in Vancouver.

Tell me something Shep- would you be this gracious if he had re-signed? :naughty: :devil:

Reactions: Ladyfan

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Cheers!
There’s a good chance he’ll surprise many of your fans. He was better overall than DeBrusk during the regular season for us.

Not particularly… well anything. I didn’t want him back in Boston as we had three holes to fill in the lineup and Heinen didn’t fit the profile for any of em. Heinen isn’t fast. He’s not strong. He’s not a great playmaker and while I think he has a pretty good shot at times, he doesn’t show it off often enough.

however, regardless of whatever line he’s on, he finds chemistry with them. It always just “works”. And he’s got stellar anticipation when it comes to disrupting transition from his opponents. Someone will go down in your top six, Heinen will fill in… and that line will somehow improve.

Hard guy to pin down, but I think he’s in the right place for success in Vancouver.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007

Cheers!
Really good safe player. Very strong defensively. Doesn’t put up a lot of points but is consistent. As a third liner he would be in the upper 25% in the league. Bruins will feel his loss more than Debrusk to be honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad