Player Discussion Danton Heinen II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He also plays a much simpler game and has more experience than both guys combined lol. I will say he hasn't quite been as good as I hoped he would to start, but it seems like that's the case for most guys. I will say though, over the 2-3 games he seems to be getting better and better. I think if Pasta sticks on that 2nd line, it could really help open up Heinen's offensive game.

Danton appears to be poised to break out offensively. He has hit some posts, just missed on a couple other shots, had a few really nice passes that just didn't quite get there. When it comes together finally- the puck luck- he is going to have a very good season. I think it comes sooner rather than later.

Reactions: BMC

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Danton appears to be poised to break out offensively. He has hit some posts, just missed on a couple other shots, had a few really nice passes that just didn't quite get there. When it comes together finally- the puck luck- he is going to have a very good season. I think it comes sooner rather than later.

If my math is right, Heinen could hit his totals from last year if he produces at a 0.62 P/GP place the rest of the way. Last season he was around a 0.61 P/GP pace. I'm still feeling like he could put up 40-50 points once things start going his way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Hook

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I wonder if another team in the league has a guy on the 2nd line every night with 0 goals at this stage, not to mention PP time? We can't really say that he has a lot of assists either with only 3. :amazed:

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bottom line is Debrusk, Krejci, Heinen have zero chemistry.....what else is new with Krejci?

More than half of his points have come on the PP

Reactions: Brent Hughes

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
@Blowfish

and

Neely said in an interview yesterday that they would not wait much longer for secondary scoring. You can probably be sure that he wasn't just talking about Heinen but I bet he was one the guys he was talking about when he mentioned it along with debrusk and bjork

can you provide link to this interview

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Neely said in an interview yesterday that they would not wait much longer for secondary scoring. You can probably be sure that he wasn't just talking about Heinen but I bet he was one the guys he was talking about when he mentioned it along with debrusk and bjork
Bottom line is Debrusk, Krejci, Heinen have zero chemistry.....what else is new with Krejci?

Seems we have been saying that since Lucic and Horton

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

Heinen has given some nice feeds to his center, but the center has failed to turn them into goals. I wasn't joking in a GDT when I suggested that the Bs need to find a center to play with Heinen. He's a really good player. So is DeBrusk. The line actually looks like it may have started developing some chemistry, but it would be nice if it has a center that pushed the play more. DeBrusk is at his best when he is driving and Heinen plays a high IQ game where he is a move or two ahead of everyone else. Not so sure the center currently in place has a style that is good for the two wingers. Nothing you can really do, though, since there really are not any other centers on the Bs worth a shit. Hell, they do not even have a good third line center. I'm hoping someone emerges from Providence than can provide help. The middle six is a joke when it comes to production so far, but then again there is a lot of season to be played so maybe something good will happen to the middle six over time. If nobody within the organization steps up at center position the Bs absolutely will need to go the trade route or they can kiss any hope of a deep playoff run goodbye.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Fair enough. Just didn’t seem specific

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Thanks I'm not very good at this lol I can find it and read it but that's about it

Here’s what Neely had to say about each of the young forwards:

On Bjork: “Anders, I think he’s in a little different category because of coming back off the [shoulder] injury. Overall I haven’t been overly disappointed with his game so far. I mean you’d like to see a little bit more offense from him but I think he’s trying to get his confidence, trying to get the feel back.”

On DeBrusk: “Jake, I feel like he’s had a lot of really good chances, he just hasn’t buried as many, and I feel like it’s going to come.

On Heinen: “Danton’s struggled a little bit, and then confidence goes, right?”

On Donato: “Even Ryan, he’s a guy that he had success when he first came in and maybe sometimes you feel it’s going to be just as easy coming back. And people get a little flavor of who you are and what type of player you are on the opposite side, so again more of the growing and learning experience.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*facepalm*.... not overly disappointed?? hmmm

Neely should call up all of these youngsters into his office, swallow the key and tell them how he really feels. I bet that would lit fire under their azzes....

all of these guys need to pick it up a notch. And no free passes should be given to Krejci, Backes either

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Here’s what Neely had to say about each of the young forwards:

On Bjork: “Anders, I think he’s in a little different category because of coming back off the [shoulder] injury. Overall I haven’t been overly disappointed with his game so far. I mean you’d like to see a little bit more offense from him but I think he’s trying to get his confidence, trying to get the feel back.”

On DeBrusk: “Jake, I feel like he’s had a lot of really good chances, he just hasn’t buried as many, and I feel like it’s going to come.

On Heinen: “Danton’s struggled a little bit, and then confidence goes, right?”

On Donato: “Even Ryan, he’s a guy that he had success when he first came in and maybe sometimes you feel it’s going to be just as easy coming back. And people get a little flavor of who you are and what type of player you are on the opposite side, so again more of the growing and learning experience.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*facepalm*.... not overly disappointed?? hmmm

Neely should call up all of these youngsters into his office, swallow the key and tell them how he really feels. I bet that would lit fire under their azzes....

all of these guys need to pick it up a notch. And no free passes should be given to Krejci, Backes either

He hasn't been disappointed because he's been playing well. Maybe you should take notes and watch instead of finding the stats on NHL.com/stats

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Again I'd always say i'm much bigger on goals than I am assists.

Glad Heinen has three points. I'd rather see him start potting goals though

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Is heinen becoming our new ryan spooner... i know guys who pocess some offense talent will garner fans. If that guy flashes a little success for a 20 game stretch... he will gain some very passionate support

But is heinen on the same career path as spooner?

Spooner got hurt alot... heinen has been healthy. I think heinen is slightly better defensively. Spooner was a center.

People might disagree there is similarities here but honestly when i see this type of player my radar goes up. I see a struggle to fit a guy like this in the lineup.

40-50 points gets you 3+ million on your contract but when its this soft i just dont think it helps alot.

I see the problem growing as his early season slump extends past 10 games now

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Is heinen becoming our new ryan spooner... i know guys who pocess some offense talent will garner fans. If that guy flashes a little success for a 20 game stretch... he will gain some very passionate support

But is heinen on the same career path as spooner?

Spooner got hurt alot... heinen has been healthy. I think heinen is slightly better defensively. Spooner was a center.

People might disagree there is similarities here but honestly when i see this type of player my radar goes up. I see a struggle to fit a guy like this in the lineup.

40-50 points gets you 3+ million on your contract but when its this soft i just dont think it helps alot.

I see the problem growing as his early season slump extends past 10 games now

Spooner was much more effective in the pp but heinen Is much more effective defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad