Danny Paille

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
Am I the only one who thinks hes been great these first few games? Hes been flying out there. Hes been hitting hard, driving to the net and even picked up a greasy goal against the rags in game one.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Am I the only one who thinks hes been great these first few games? Hes been flying out there. Hes been hitting hard, driving to the net and even picked up a greasy goal against the rags in game one.

You aren't the only one. Can't see how someone could dog him for his play. Solid bottom six player and great for depth. My good friend is from Buffalo and he's also a secondary B's fan. He was so disappointed when he saw Paille was gone but then was very much consoled with the fact that he came to Boston.

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
when it comes to 4th line players in the entire league, Paille is elite, one of the best :handclap:

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Paille is a total beast. Had some trouble settling the puck today but as a few posters said I am pretty sure it had more to do with the ice than anything else

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
He's someone who in football terms, possessions a nonstop motor. Great complimentary player who fits perfectly here.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
He has been great. We are extremely lucky to have him. Super fast and willing to go anywhere on the ice... and get there first.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
This is the way Paille always plays. He hits. He hustles. He plays good defense. Solid influence and contributor to the team.

This. This isn't anything new. I just wish he'd use palmolive for those damn hands.

It's just Danny being Danny.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
On the Rangers, he'd play alongside Stepan and Callahan.

Awesome to have him. Definitely one of the best 4th liners in the league.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
I think I would like to see him get spot time on the 3rd line. I realize he has some great chemistry and makes a huge difference with that 4th line, but he's under-utilized.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I've been thinking about it lately, and I do think it'd be interesting to see Danny get another chance on the third line like he did last year. It might give the line a jump, or it may not. Either way, I don't think it'd hurt Pevs or Kelly any whatsoever. I just can't see Bourque keeping his place on this team. Unless he starts creating some great chances in the next handful of games, something's gotta be done.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
He was terrible offensively last night, constantly fumbling or missing the puck. But it isn't like many players were good last night, so....

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
In the ECF vs. Tampa, Paille was on a PK in which he killed about 45 seconds all by himself, at one point stripping the puck from St. Louis. That's the way I'll always think of him.

He was a first-round draft pick who could have been a disappointment but instead reinvented himself in a different role. Chiarelli made a wise move picking him up. It's not always the "big" deals that are critical.

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
Hence his tireless effort would greatly benefit the 3rd line.
He does not have great hands but he could play along 2 veterans the way Pouliot did last season, bring up similar numbers or close and be more responsible defensively.

Adding a McDermid or Caron to Campbell and Thornton would not deplete that greatly the Bruins' 4th line and would improve substantially the 3rd line.

I give another 2-3 games top to Bourque with the Bruins.
I personally preferred Caron in that same spot last season when it occurred.....

Bourque failed on different teams including the Caps that I was following a bit....he never showed anything significant at the NHL level deserving a stay.

Paille on the other hand deserves a promotion and he is still young and showing potential still for improvement.
He is only 1 year older than Bergeron....

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I have liked Daniel Paille ever since he joined the Bruins. Heck I even bought a Paille t-shirt at the Pro Shop :laugh:

Love the way he plays the game. Great to see him finally get some props from the board :yo::yo:

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
In the ECF vs. Tampa, Paille was on a PK in which he killed about 45 seconds all by himself, at one point stripping the puck from St. Louis. That's the way I'll always think of him.

Maybe it's too much to ask, but do you remember in what game this happened?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

Deserves a promotion...Pound for pound, one of the toughest players in the league, and an underrated hitter...

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Maybe it's too much to ask, but do you remember in what game this happened?

Oh geez no, sorry. I just remember it was vs. Tampa because of St. Louis. Most of the games all sort of run together in my mind.

He (and the rest of the PKers) were outstanding vs. Vancouver. They actually outscored the Vancouver PP, which IMO was a crucial and sometimes overlooked element in the series.

splat10

Jun 7, 2011
Saratoga, NY
other than the absolute bricks at the end of his arms, he is a very valuable player. If you understand that he's there to grind and play defence he's elite. When the puck comes near him, well it's time to get back on D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad