Prospect Info: Danila Yurov RW/C, 24th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
That's his only point in the first 3 games, but he's averaging 4 shots per game and winning 70.8% of his faceoffs.

A stat watchers analysis would be that it's a solid start for someone returning from an injury, but would be interesting to hear from someone who actually watches the games.

Twoods1623

Jun 27, 2016
North Shore
That's his only point in the first 3 games, but he's averaging 4 shots per game and winning 70.8% of his faceoffs.

A stat watchers analysis would be that it's a solid start for someone returning from an injury, but would be interesting to hear from someone who actually watches the games.
That's awesome to see improvement on the dot, granted it's a small sample size so far. I took a look at his stats on the KHL website, and his faceoff percentage has been at 45.2% or lower in his young career. I wonder what has clicked for him to have such a great start in that area.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I have to say, i kind of like the Jerseys that the other team is wearing. Sort of a reverse Christmas tree. Not crazy about the logo, but otherwise...yeah.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Well, when Kaprizov leaves we should have more money available to spread amongst the winger positions so maybe he'll play with good enough players that it'll be more of a 2B line situation.
Dislike.
i think kaprizov / rossi / yurov line could be sensational. 2nd line boldy / JEE/ ohgren or heidt.
Personally, I think Rossi would slow that line down.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Yurov is going to be the 1C here really soon. Will be interesting to see how the Rossi Stans react to him being stuck at 3C.
So, I had Rossi at 4th overall in his draft year. I still believe he is going to be worth near that draft spot, a 60 point two-way center. If Yurov and Eriksson Ek are the other centers, I'm fine with Rossi at 3rd line center. Once upon a time, Chris Drury fit that description, and I'd love the Wild to be in that position. On the one hand, there's a 3rd line center who is that level of center and people still complain about how the coach is "stunting him" or whatever, and then on the other hand, there's a 2nd line center who is leading a great 3rd line for a Cup contender. I can see the difference.

Now, if those centers are Yurov and Hartman, I think people might be right to complain.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
So, I had Rossi at 4th overall in his draft year. I still believe he is going to be worth near that draft spot, a 60 point two-way center. If Yurov and Eriksson Ek are the other centers, I'm fine with Rossi at 3rd line center. Once upon a time, Chris Drury fit that description, and I'd love the Wild to be in that position. On the one hand, there's a 3rd line center who is that level of center and people still complain about how the coach is "stunting him" or whatever, and then on the other hand, there's a 2nd line center who is leading a great 3rd line for a Cup contender. I can see the difference.

Now, if those centers are Yurov and Hartman, I think people might be right to complain.
The issue I have is that I don't view Rossi like most everyone else. I think he's capped both physically and ability wise. Listening to Locked on Wild, Denny thinks that Rossi will be a 40 goal scorer with top 6 minutes. I'm not sure that Rossi has the skill level to get to 30. I don't see a defining characteristic about his game that jumps out at me. People can say his smarts or hockey IQ, but if you don't have a stand out ability to go with it then there is only so much you can do. He is not fast like Point. He doesn't shoot the puck like Caufield. He doesn't have the playmaking ability of Granlund. His faceoffs are not very good. Etc etc etc. Could he get better at all of these? Certainly. But I think our best hope is he turns into a Parise type player with a high end motor.

IMO the only way Rossi hits 60 points is if he gets top line minutes with Kaprizov and top power play minutes. At that point, isn't he just a smaller Hartman that people like because he's young? Can anyone say definitively that they think Rossi will hit 60 points playing 2nd line minutes with 2nd power play unit time?

With Yurov, there are plenty of defining characteristics that point to him being a top line player. Excellent skating. Good shot, Above average size. High end skill and puck handling abilities. I don't see something that would hamper his ability to play 1st line. I cannot say the same thing for Rossi. Rossi is small and has at best average skating. His shot isn't spectacular, but he gets into the dirty areas and scores greasy goals. His play style is that of a grinder and I'm sure saying that will irk some people. But we should remember, a lot of us would have described Parise as an elite grinder in his time here. Hell, a lot of us would describe Ek as a grinder and Rossi is very much like a miniature version of him. Ek was a .5ppg player on the GREEF (third) line. Ek has an elite shovel, elite compete level, and he is hard to move from in front of the net. That will be tough to replicate for Rossi.

Could I fully eat crow for the above? Most definitely. I would love for Rossi to develop a part of his game that gives him a heavy competitive advantage over 90% of NHL players. But these are my opinions of him as a player right now. It is up to Rossi to prove me wrong.
who do you think should play with kaprizov / yurov? imo rossi playmaker , yurov / kaprizov goal scorers PERFECT match
Boldy will be the best non-Kaprizov playmaker on the team over the next 5 seasons IMO. I would have him with Kaprizov and Yurov.

I am hoping for a viable top 9 like this:

Kaprizov-Yurov-Boldy
Ohgren-Eriksson Ek-Heidt
Lorenz-Rossi-Bankier

Top 4:
Buium-Faber
Middleton-Brodin (unless Spurgeon shows he can be a top 4 dman still)

Goalies:
Wallstedt
Gustavsson

Find a way to trade guys like Foligno/Gaudreau/Trenin/Spurgeon if we have replacements ready. Focus more on building the top of the each group first than the bottom of each group (looking at you, Guerin).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad