Prospect Info: Danila Yurov RW/C, 24th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Guerin once again a day late, and a dollar short. Too busy doing a victory lap over signing Fleury.

Another reason to not tune in next year. BG is a blowhard who talks about winning, but doesn't know how to deliver it.
Because players definitely have no say in where they want to play.... Get out of here.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
Guerin once again a day late, and a dollar short. Too busy doing a victory lap over signing Fleury.

Another reason to not tune in next year. BG is a blowhard who talks about winning, but doesn't know how to deliver it.

Or the kid wanted to wait one year? Getting upset over this feels strange. He will be a year older and a nice add to our team the following year.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
So that's ~$428k US, I think.
Yes, but there also can be bonuses. Not to mention the fixed 13% tax, no escrow and on average lower cost of living that increases the final sum of money when all is said and done.

Today, maybe. Could be a lot less when the season starts.
At least since the start of the season in September 2023 there have been no major currency fluctuations regarding the ruble.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yes, but there also can be bonuses. Not to mention the fixed 13% tax, no escrow and on average lower cost of living that increases the final sum of money when all is said and done.
Yeah, I was thinking at minimum he is roughly the same to his NHL contract, factoring in all that stuff. So not losing much there.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Because blaming someone for something they have little to no control over is just stupid.

...and is this a surprise to anyone? Yurov, himself, said months ago that his plan was to sign a 1 year deal than come over the next year. I believe he also stated that he is in constant communication with the Wild and is looking forward to coming over next year.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
...and is this a surprise to anyone? Yurov, himself, said months ago that his plan was to sign a 1 year deal than come over the next year. I believe he also stated that he is in constant communication with the Wild and is looking forward to coming over next year.
Not a surprise to me at all.
Apparently, to some, it's BG's fault the kid wants to stay home another year.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Pretty interesting video about Magnitogorsk:

Home is different for everyone, of course, but I think Yurov will like what the Twin Cities has to offer.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Glad he's staying, we should have plenty of 1st/2nd year guys on next years roster and this leaves the door open for Heidt, if necessary.

There's also something to be said for the fact that this is his first year really doing the thing in the KHL, and it's a lot of pressure on a 20 year old to try to live up to the expectations he set for himself this season. Better to get a 2nd year over there, build off of what he accomplished, try to improve and mature his game, and then come over with a better idea of what he can do with a larger sample size, even if the points regress a bit, or even stagnate.

He'll be 21 going on 22 when he comes over, which is still two years younger than Kaprizov was.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I just look at it the same as if he was staying for his Jr. year in college.

He said awhile ago he wanted one more year where he was at. I'm all for bashing GMBG, but this is something that he doesn't have control over.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah. We all knew that going into the buyouts. The last 2 years were going to stink.
but 2019 and 2020 did, too. Making the playoffs and losing in the first round also isn't all it's cracked up to be. The team will be in it's 24th season next year, w/o a sniff of a Conference win, nvm a Cup. Last time we even won a series was 2014, 10 years ago.The North Stars had 26 seasons, were an entertaining, good team for much of their history, and got to two Cup finals.

I get being patient, but this organization just hasn't achieved very much. I am sure not going to pat them on the back for doing a good job. The buyout penalties were self inflicted wounds.... they don't get a pass for them.

The team, and fans, need to aim a lot higher.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
They also beat Blues in 2015, but probably safe to say it will be 10 years next summer.
Don't know how i forgot that. The CO win looms so large in my mind, and the STL loss just a few years ago when we outshoot them like crazy in the first game and still lost.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
but 2019 and 2020 did, too. Making the playoffs and losing in the first round also isn't all it's cracked up to be. The team will be in it's 24th season next year, w/o a sniff of a Conference win, nvm a Cup. Last time we even won a series was 2014, 10 years ago.The North Stars had 26 seasons, were an entertaining, good team for much of their history, and got to two Cup finals.

I get being patient, but this organization just hasn't achieved very much. I am sure not going to pat them on the back for doing a good job. The buyout penalties were self inflicted wounds.... they don't get a pass for them.

Yes, but also no. IIRC, that if they didn't buy Suter and Parise out, if either, or both, decided to retire, it would have royally f***ed us over. By buying them out, we at least knew what to plan for.

Reactions: HobeyBroten

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
In comes my obligatory defense on BG to try balance out the scales - it's a 1yr deal and mainly Yurov decision to stay home. I'll leave it at that.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Next year is going to be another turd.
I think it will be better than people think. Lots went wrong this year

-Spurgeon unlikely to miss 60+ games

-Goalies should progress to the mean just like they regressed this year after Gus’ insane 22-23 season

-Marat + Ohgren >>> Iowa guys we had this year

-$6M in cap space to add a vet

Reactions: HobeyBroten

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Move the team to Wisconsin and it makes the Cup Finals in the next 5 years.

FromChaos22

Jan 10, 2008
Los Angeles
I think it will be better than people think. Lots went wrong this year

-Spurgeon unlikely to miss 60+ games

-Goalies should progress to the mean just like they regressed this year after Gus’ insane 22-23 season

-Marat + Ohgren >>> Iowa guys we had this year

-$6M in cap space to add a vet
Either direction regresses to the mean, no progress :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad