Laval Rocket: Daniel Jacob Hired As Assistant Coach

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Weird that they announce the Assistant coach before the Head Coach. They new coach won’t have the chance to bring someone with him

It is an odd approach. It's not the first time a team hires an assistant coach before a head coach, but it's very rare that happens. This could be a case of Habs maybe hiring a rookie coach and want him to have some assistants with experience in place for him. Just a guess.

I am good with bringing Jacobs back.

Still curious if Laperriere will join Patrick Roy in NYI. If so, that means there's another assistant coach that will need to be brought in.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
It is an odd approach. It's not the first time a team hires an assistant coach before a head coach, but it's very rare that happens. This could be a case of Habs maybe hiring a rookie coach and want him to have some assistants with experience in place for him. Just a guess.

I am good with bringing Jacobs back.

Still curious if Laperriere will join Patrick Roy in NYI. If so, that means there's another assistant coach that will need to be brought in.
NYI already hired an other assistant and Kent Hughes confirme in his press conference that Laperrière is still with the Rocket

Daniel Jacob is a good proven assistant coach though

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Weird that they announce the Assistant coach before the Head Coach. They new coach won’t have the chance to bring someone with him
Wondering if the coach is already selected but the contract not finalised. Still odd, you would announced both once done.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
In Basu & Godin podcast, Arpon mentioned that they have done a number interviews for the head coach of Laval, could be up to 10. Sedgwick lead the interviews and Lecavalier was also involved in the interviews. After they narrow down the field Gorton and Hughes will then become involved in the interview process

Fatbiggie

Unregistered User
Jul 30, 2005
Real surprised by this, isn't Jacob part of Joel Bouchard crew ? He has followed him pretty much everywhere. Well he has familiarity with the Rocket so that's a plius.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Makes no sense unless they know who the coach is....and he was fine with that appointment.

I doubt they know who the coach is. Hughes on Monday said they will narrow the list down and start a second round of interviews, with him involved this time.

My thinking is that they will appoint a rookie coach and they wanted to have experienced assistant coaches already in place for him, rather than him hiring someone who might not have experience.

But that's just me guessing.

Real surprised by this, isn't Jacob part of Joel Bouchard crew ? He has followed him pretty much everywhere. Well he has familiarity with the Rocket so that's a plius.

Yes. They've been joined at the hip since junior in Blainville. I believe this is the first time they're not together. It was announced not long ago that Jacob was leaving Syracuse. And as soon as that news broke out, his name started circulating for Laval.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Wondering if the coach is already selected but the contract not finalised. Still odd, you would announced both once done.
A posters said Jacobs was going to be the new assistant a little while back somewhere in here. At the time they interviewed him for the job, Houle was probably still HC of the Rocket.

He's a really good assistant. The only surprising thing is that he usually gets jobs because Joel Bouchard is named HC somewhere. Maybe he wanted back home.

Reactions: Kosseca

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
A posters said Jacobs was going to be the new assistant a little while back somewhere in here. At the time they interviewed him for the job, Houle was probably still HC of the Rocket.

He's a really good assistant. The only surprising thing is that he usually gets jobs because Joel Bouchard is named HC somewhere. Maybe he wanted back home.
ok. now this make sense....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad