Daniel Bryan removed from his own appreciation night+WM Weekend

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I was going to try and get tickets to Friday's house show to see him. Disappointing.

My only guess if there is something going on is he is trying to get out of his contract and leave WWE.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
He asked for time off and it was granted. The appreciation show has been postponed, not cancelled.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Not a big deal as I hear it's just a change in direction.

It's now a Roman Reigns appreciation show!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Cprice told me I was over-thinking it.... just sayin'. I should run the podcast for one day because of it.

Something is going on and if I had to put my money on something, it'd the fact DB will wrestle again somewhere, just not for WWE.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Cprice told me I was over-thinking it.... just sayin'. I should run the podcast for one day because of it.

Something is going on and if I had to put my money on something, it'd the fact DB will wrestle again somewhere, just not for WWE.

Well, at that time we didn't know anything. ;)

Now with this out... like I said in the Raw thread, I wouldn't be surprised if he's just done with wrestling and doesn't want to be apart of it anymore.

I personally don't believe he'd be stupid enough to wrestle knowing the condition his brain is in and what it can do to his health.

If I had to guess, it'd be one of these (or maybe two, or all...):
- Daniel just has no interest in being involved anymore since he can't wrestle and is looking to start a new chapter in life.
- He and Brie are expecting a baby and they haven't revealed it yet.
- The company stupidly booked him without even running it by him.

Daniel Bryan isn't stupid. Knowing what he knows about his brain now, I don't think he'd risk it all to go wrestle in another, smaller company. If his brain was fine and WWE just refused to clear him, sure, but there's serious risks with getting back in the ring and he knows it now.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Well, at that time we didn't know anything. ;)

Now with this out... like I said in the Raw thread, I wouldn't be surprised if he's just done with wrestling and doesn't want to be apart of it anymore.

I personally don't believe he'd be stupid enough to wrestle knowing the condition his brain is in and what it can do to his health.

Ya I'm more inclined to believe he is done with the company and the industry and just wants to do something else and get to making babies with Brie.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
He seems like the type of guy that someone said they were going camping that weekend and he just really wanted to go do that instead.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Pro Wrestling Sheet is saying that Brie has moved her retirement up to Post-Mania Raw, and did it because of whatever is going on with DB.

She is going to still do Total Divas and promo work.

Also some speculation the reason DB pulled out of the house shows this weekend and working Axxes (HBK is working those dates now) is because he is depressed. Totally understandable since he just had to retire from his dream job.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I feel very intrigued by this story.... but it's all under the radar. So strange. DB does not seem like the guy who would completely stay away from wrestling, especially WM weekend, just because he has something better to do. I think he'd be down there to be part of Brie's final run anyway.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I feel very intrigued by this story.... but it's all under the radar. So strange. DB does not seem like the guy who would completely stay away from wrestling, especially WM weekend, just because he has something better to do. I think he'd be down there to be part of Brie's final run anyway.

Would he do it if he was depressed and just couldn't be around it all knowing he can't wrestle? It seems like Brie would be understanding of that (and maybe why she is finishing up quicker to be at home with him instead of on the road).

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's insane speculation, but I could see something like cancer or something being in play. Obviously that is crazy pure speculation, but all of this stuff is happening so sudden.

Who knows. We will find out shortly.

S A W F T*

It's insane speculation, but I could see something like cancer or something being in play. Obviously that is crazy pure speculation, but all of this stuff is happening so sudden.

Who knows. We will find out shortly.

Yes, that is insane. Unless it's someone else in his family.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
While he had an insanely successful career, his dream job and something he dedicated his entire life to is done at 34. I would find it very easy to understand if being near the ring but unable to actually wrestle in it would tear him apart and put him on the verge of depression. He probably has no idea what to do with himself.

Daniel Bryan is a wrestler. He wrestles. Adjusting to a period where that's not his identity won't be easy on him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
While he had an insanely successful career, his dream job and something he dedicated his entire life to is done at 34. I would find it very easy to understand if being near the ring but unable to actually wrestle in it would tear him apart and put him on the verge of depression. He probably has no idea what to do with himself.

Daniel Bryan is a wrestler. He wrestles. Adjusting to a period where that's not his identity won't be easy on him.

I think this is just it. It is that "simple" (not that being depressed is simple). He just can't be near a ring right now.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
According to WNW, Daniel Bryan wants out of his WWE contract and insists he isn't going to go anywhere else to wrestle. WWE doesn't believe him. NJPW is interested in him.

The source is iffy, and I'm not surprised NJPW would want him, but knowing what Daniel knows about his brain... I don't know.

Oct 18, 2011
According to WNW, Daniel Bryan wants out of his WWE contract and insists he isn't going to go anywhere else to wrestle. WWE doesn't believe him. NJPW is interested in him.
Oh this is going to be very interesting if it's indeed true....

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
There's a lot of weird reports this week, would wait for Meltzer to say something and to a much lesser degree Alvarez/PWI.

There's the potential major negative story, and then today there's a guy saying there's going to be a major WM change.

S A W F T*

There's a lot of weird reports this week, would wait for Meltzer to say something and to a much lesser degree Alvarez/PWI.

There's the potential major negative story, and then today there's a guy saying there's going to be a major WM change.

Can you elaborate what you read about WM change in the spoiler thread?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

The source is iffy, and I'm not surprised NJPW would want him, but knowing what Daniel knows about his brain... I don't know.

I believe he wants out because he doesn't want to do appearances or be involved in the industry at all anymore.

Also of course everyone would want him if he was free.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
How can anybody be legitimately interested in employing Daniel Bryan? Obviously he's an insane talent but he's so far beyond ring condition it would be the equivalent of condemning him to a life of light sensitivity, constant headaches and all the other horrible **** that can plague him.

There's a lot of great talent out there....let Daniel go and let him live his life while he can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad