Dan O'Toole and Julie Stewart Binks host their new podcast: Toronto Sports Rush

smytty

Aug 1, 2015
Their inaugural episode was released yesterday. Dan's last podcast, Boomsies, stopped releasing episodes in July with no explanation, now they are hosting this one together.

I loved Boomsies and think Dan is a really interesting guy and a great host but this is disappointing that the new podcast will be centered around Toronto sports. It looks like it's destined to fail.

There was no hype behind this, they had no promotion at all that I heard. Dan just suddenly posted about the episode being out. The @TOSportsRush Twitter account has 34 followers, the majority being spam bots, as well as a few BetRivers accounts, who are sponsoring the podcast. Producer Tim isn't even on the list, so I would assume that he's not involved.

I really hope Dan can get some traction with this, but it's starting to look like this might be his last chance at having a sports themed show.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
O'Toole was always goofy but he ruined his career when he went off the rails and claimed his baby was missing when she wasn't.

Now he's left hawking sports betting in ridiculous commercials.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
O'Toole was always goofy but he ruined his career when he went off the rails and claimed his baby was missing when she wasn't.

Now he's left hawking sports betting in ridiculous commercials.
Likely a symptom of his sobriety issues. He entered rehab after being among a group that Bell Media fired. He's been sober 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad