Player Discussion Dan Girardi: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
My main issue is that we couldn't even have fun here without the negativity during our two big runs. It's a board full of people who hate fun. Or at least now filled with people who hate it.

IMO, the minute you take a game too seriously and can no longer find yourself having fun, it's time to step back for a while. Think that a number could take that to heart.

Can't argue with that. Good points. This is entertainment after all.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Can't argue with that. Good points. This is entertainment after all.

i love hockey. i go watch my wifes all womans team playing scrimmage games...i watch other teams in my league play if im at the rink. i love hockey with a passion. but this rangers team has just sucked the life outta me....ive become to miserable anytime they are on...even when they are winning i can see so many horrible things happening.

this team reminds me of Torts' team that made it ot the ECF...total smokescreen of a team...but even moreso. i just think that this team doesnt deserve to make the playoffs the way theyve played.

with that said, id say the talent is there...all we need is our coach to get his head outta his ass and everyone to start playing up to their ability.

if the defensive assignments were reversed, for example...and you simply did this.
Play Yandle, McDonagh, and Klein about 25 minutes to 27 minutes a night

Play McIlrath about 18-20 minutes a night

Play Staal, Girardi, and Boyle the rest, in a far more neutral zone favorable deployment. I think youd be in SOOO much of a better position just by doing that simple change.

I think that would right a lot of the wrongs on this team. just that. Im not even talking about trading players or what not...all they have to do is start playing the guys who are playing well bigger minutes..and play the guys who arent less.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
My main issue is that we couldn't even have fun here without the negativity during our two big runs. It's a board full of people who hate fun. Or at least now filled with people who hate it.

IMO, the minute you take a game too seriously and can no longer find yourself having fun, it's time to step back for a while. Think that a number could take that to heart.

You know, you're right. I got casted as doom and gloom A LOT in my earlier years here. And why not? The team sucked, and they were moderately better in the mid-late 2000's. The last 2 seasons were really, really fun. Anybody calling for the coaches head right now has no sense of context whatsoever.

This team. This coach. They deserve to finish out the season at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad