Dan Cloutier 2.0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
The oilers are very clearly having an internal competition to see who the whipping boy is but don’t let the lack of scoring distract you - out of goalies who have played 20+ playoff games, only Dan Cloutier himself has a worse save percentage since 1990.

Do they dress Campbell to back up Pickard in game 4? Do they get a goalie for next season? Why does everybody insist on defending a goalie who’s been so terrible consistently?

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
The oilers are very clearly having an internal competition to see who the whipping boy is but don’t let the lack of scoring distract you - out of goalies who have played 20+ playoff games, only Dan Cloutier himself has a worse save percentage since 1990.

Do they dress Campbell to back up Pickard in game 4? Do they get a goalie for next season? Why does everybody insist on defending a goalie who’s been so terrible consistently?

The thing with Skinner vis a vis Cloutier is that Cloutier would tend to have spectacular meltdowns.

You let one goal in, or if he had his cage rattled by someone, you knew it was all over.

Skinner, he just seems to make little gaffes here and there that add up. Sometimes it costs his team the game, others, he'll muddle through and be fine.

It's like dying by a thousand cuts vs. having an atomic bomb dropped on you.

But yeah, there are comparisons that can be made. His being loved by the local media being one of them.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
The display behind the net was unfortunate. But there is nothing else about tonight you can blame on him.

Edit: That said, I'm not saying he's blameless. He's getting outplayed significantly.

Reactions: ViD

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Edmonton should look to offload Kane this summer. He really has been a non factor. Or a factor positively for Florida lol
It appears he’s been playing injured though

The display behind the net was unfortunate. But there is nothing else about tonight you can blame on him.

I would even go ahead and say that has been the only bad goal by him the entire series so far

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
Skinner isn’t THE problem, but he’s 1 of many problems …

Edmonton should look to offload Kane this summer. He really has been a non factor. Or a factor positively for Florida lol
Kane’s been playing with a sports hernia for a few months now, put off surgery til the offseason. Has to be one of the more debilitating injuries to play through as a hockey player

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
He’s been playing with a sports hernia for a few months now, put off surgery til the offseason. Has to be one of the more debilitating injuries to play through as a hockey player
What was his excuse last year? He was bad then too.

If he’s that hurt, play Pickard. It’s not like he’s played great. Pickard was good in his short stint.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Skinner has exceeded all expectations, I think the bigger issue is that he is overplayed in general. Pickard should probably be playing at least 1 out of 5 games, regardless of reg season or playoffs, and yet it seems like start Stu every f***ing night. Him playing solid and consistent this early in his career is a bonus - coaches need to stop acting like he's Grant Fuhr.

Panthers have been the better team and deserve to win. Anyone that saw what they did to the Rangers (and how well the Rangers had been playing going into that series) knew Florida was winning the Cup, the only question was in how many games. You can't just blame/mock a young average skill goalie for not stealing a series from a 2x Vezina veteran playing for a team that was favored to win before the season even started....like wtf did you think was going to happen?

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Blaming Skinner for the Oilers being down 0-3 when the offence has scored... check notes... four goals in three games seems off base and it's far from the worst problem.

Yes Skinner is a below average goalie, everyone knew that before the final started. Putting the blame on you goalie when your best players... checks notes again... have three points in three games is just silly.

A better goalie might of won one of those games, but with how the team in front of them is playing the Oilers are still gonna lose the series.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Skinner has been pretty good since he was pulled for Pickard earlier in the playoffs.

He's not a world beater but seriously, even prime Hasek isn't going to win you a cup if the team in front of him scores 1.333 goals per game. All this talk that "Oilers only need average goaltending to dominate" isn't looking all that great right now.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Skinner most certainly is not the main problem for the Oilers in the SCF.

Ineffective PP
Impotent McDrai
Ceci - Nurse
Hyman/Kane/Bouchard can’t score

Skinner
How can you even say this?

Goaltender save percentages:

vs

It's very possible the goaltender's poor performance directly affects the play in front of him. People aren't robots.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
How can you even say this?

Goaltender save percentages:

vs

It's very possible the goaltender's poor performance directly affects the play in front of him. People aren't robots.
Players in front of the goaltender affect the goaltender more than the goaltender affects the players in front of him

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Skinner was really bad in round 2 for a while where he got pulled/lost his net. But outside of that, he's been good enough in these playoffs.

He isn't great ni the finals, but he's not the reason Oilers are losing.

Oilers have 4 goals in 3 games. Oilers should have 4 goals per game with their offense. That's why they're losing.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I'd say "the greatest player in the world" only having 0 goals and 3 assist in the entire series is a bigger problem than goaltending.
So…. Going PPG?

McDavid hasn’t been at his absolute best, but entire panthers team is focusing on shutting him down because the rest of his line have been non factors.

He’s farrrrr down the list of reasons they’re down 3-0

I destroyed Dan Cloutier's knee when I was like 16 or 17.
was at a friends and he had an action figure of him on his tv. and I twisted his leg so he was still standing but he was upside down. later that night he destroyed the leg I twisted.

I'm not a doctor or anything but felt like I voodoo dolled him
If you could purchase an Andrew Copp doll and remove his foot I would greatly appreciate it doctor

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Goalies are f***ing weird. FLA would have easily started Stuart over Bob round 1 game 1 last year. They couldn't pay a team to take on that Rovski contract 2 years ago. Now look at us.

Skinner wins the Cup with the Leafs 6-8 years from now, guaranteed.

Reactions: AppreciateHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad