Proposal: Dallas - Tampa - New Jersey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sinner

Stevens #4 Legend
Jun 30, 2016
Rags Suck Land
Dallas:
Schneider

Tampa:
1st 2017 (Dallas)

NJ:
Callahan cap dump
Niemi cap dump
Vasilevki
Spezza

Dallas - Why does Dallas do this? They fix their goaltending problems and gain a little cap space for wiggle room. Simple as that.

Tampa - They signed Stamkos which is great but there are consequences that go along with his contract. Kucherov and Bishop need new contracts and on top of that they have a few important players that need extensions. It's a heavy price to pay but I think they can afford it, having Bishop locked up long term is a priority.

New Jersey - They mainly do this just to please me because I'm not a big Schneider fan. We have a ridiculous amount of cap space and we should take advantage of that. I've always been a big Spezza fan, he has an amazing skill set and I think he could help our offense tremendously. Vasilevki impressed me a lot during the finals, I see a little Eddy the Eagle in him.

Last edited:

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
Really don't see any incentive for New Jersey or Tampa to do this. Also, that is an overwhelming amount of cap going to NJ

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
No way New Jersey does it

No way Tampa does it. They are already gonna have a tough time signing all their guys by next season with Vas as their goalie. No way they can sign Bishop for what he wants, thus, no chance they let Vas go even if it means getting out from Cally's contract. Not to mention that they are a win-now team and a 1st round pick does nothing for them.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't think Spezza is waiving his NMC to go to New Jersey .

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
No way Tampa does it. They are already gonna have a tough time signing all their guys by next season with Vas as their goalie. No way they can sign Bishop for what he wants, thus, no chance they let Vas go even if it means getting out from Cally's contract. Not to mention that they are a win-now team and a 1st round pick does nothing for them.

I tend to be rather tough on all the awful trade offers I see thrown around involving the Lightning, but I actually wouldn't instantly reject this. Value-wise it's not awful: Vasy was a first round pick and his development and postseason performance have raised his value since then; the value of Callahan as a cap dump will depend in large part on his performance this upcoming season but if he doesn't bounce back and produce offensively ridding ourselves of his contract without any retention would be a fairly significant plus. It's true that the first round pick doesn't really do anything for us and that we'd rather have a good prospect instead, but on the other hand Vasy still has some work to do on his game and as mentioned we are in a position to win now; a healthy Ben Bishop gives us our best chance of doing so.

My biggest concern however is Bishop's ability to stay healthy through an entire postseason - if not for that we never would have even considered letting him walk in the first place, but given his injury history signing him to a huge deal and letting our young elite-potential backup go is just too risky. If Bish can't stay healthy, Vasy turns into an elite starter, and Cally returns and puts up numbers like he did two years ago we could take a massive bath on this trade. I figure the first two are fairly likely and the third more unlikely, but ultimately there's still too much risk and not enough certain reward for me to accept the deal. But I wouldn't call it insulting like I would most proposals involving Tampa on this forum.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
New Jersey wouldn't want 2 goalies to replace Cory Schneider.
Vasilevskiy would be good for NJ, but NJ wouldn't want Niemi's contract.

Replace Niemi with a defensemen from Dallas.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Both Vas and Schneider are worth more than that. Why would NJ take back 2 cap dumps and 2 older players?

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
Not even going to discuss value here, and needs. But do you really see New Jersey taking on an extra FIFTEEN MILLION DOLLARS on their cap? Lol

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Not to mention the Stars make out like bandits: a low first round pick and an aging overpaid player they're selling high on for an elite goalie and dumping Niemi in the process?

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
9GA9g.gif

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I'm assuming the OP made this thread to try and make a point that Schneider is undervalued on HF.

(He's not)

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Get real this is truly awful for Tampa, Yzermen isn't dealing Vasilevskiy to move Callahan's contract the odds that Tampa could even resign Bishop is pretty nil right now. So why would Yzerman deal Vasilevskiy. This would leave a cup contending team like Tampa in pretty bad shape. Neither New Jersey or Tampa do this. Glad you're not a GM here.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Dallas:
Schneider

Tampa:
1st 2017 (Dallas)

NJ:
Callahan cap dump
Niemi cap dump
Vasilevki
Spezza

No way is NJ dealing Schneider, So that's that and i seriously doubt that either Callahan or Spezza waive for NJ. Tampa gets nothing out of this deal other then a pick any where from 22 to 30 so what's the incentive for Tampa just to move Callahan's contract. Compared to Schneider NJ is still downgrading with Niemi/Vasilevskiy. Any more Callahan can't stay healthy so Spezza is the only decent piece other then Vasy in the entire deal. Dallas says Yes while Tampa and New Jersey say No.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad