Dallas Stars prospect awards feature depth and skill across the system

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

The third edition of the Dallas Stars prospect awards highlights the terrific depth and high-end skill that is housed by the organization. As evidenced below, the spoils of prior drafts have created a proliferation of talent at all positions.

Most Improved: Branden Troock, RW, Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL)

Hulking winger Branden Troock had his healthiest season in his junior career to date. He appeared in 67 regular season and playoff games, scoring 28 goals and 65 points in that span before joining the Texas Stars (AHL) for their playoff push. Troock established himself as one of the premier power forwards in the West after an injury-riddled junior career.… read more

More...

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
That must be a massive endorsement of Troock to win that award over Klingberg who went from basically playing half a season in Sweden and barely being considered a top 20 prospect in the system to expecting to contend for an NHL roster spot out of camp.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
branden_troock_seattle.jpg

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
There's no darkhorse about it. Nemeth has an NHL job as long as he's healthy.

Troock has all the skills to be a top six guy and finally being healthy makes a huge difference. He and Sinitsyn made huge leaps in their games over the course of a season.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
I would think Stransky could be thought of for most improved also.

Seriously...now a days I have to actually look at the number to make sure the guy on the ice is Stransky because I can't look at the horrible stride, edge work, balance, or lack of stopping as my cues anymore.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I would think Stransky could be thought of for most improved also.

Seriously...now a days I have to actually look at the number to make sure the guy on the ice is Stransky because I can't look at the horrible stride, edge work, balance, or lack of stopping as my cues anymore.

I'm starting to get re-excited about Stransky. That goal he scored last week was pretty sweet.

I'm really just getting excited about our system. We finally have players with legitimate upside at every level of hockey. I feel kind of like I did about the Rangers when Andrus and Feliz were coming up (almost, not quite).

haf

Mar 3, 2008
Nemeth - I agree about the darkhorse comment. He has to be considered as having a spot to lose at this point. If he stays healthy, he is definitely in the top 6.

Stransky - stoked. his game in the corners is just so heavy and his hands so soft.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Klingberg must be a absolutely phenomenal skater if he is considered our best. Getting to watch Gemel Smith and Jason Dickinson on a consistent basis, I didn't know if he would be considered for that honour.

Also, Sinitsyn being considered for hardest shot along with Oleksiak and Connauton is impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad