Value of: Dallas 3rd/4th liners

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
With Hanzal beeing medically cleared to play the Stars will have to make a roster decision very soon. If not this week than next week . Hintz could get send down since he's still waiver exempt but he's been good .

So any takers on the obvious candidate on the Stars to get waived Gemel Smith or any of the other guys bouncing in and out of the lineup ?

Any team in need of a bottom line energy forward and interested for a lower round pick ?

Ritchie , Nichuskin and Pitlick could also be available i guess.

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Should include:

Ritchie
Nichushkin
Pitlick

Smith doesn't hold any value in my opinion

Any of those guys could be moved

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Puljujarvi isnt available for Nuke even though he'd fit that description perfectly.

I suggested Spooner and a pick?

Eh idk if Spooner would crack the lineup. He's not really any better than what we have right now and I'd prefer someone younger than that really. What could we add to Val to get Puljujarvi? Doubt he's available like you said but still curious

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Rather keep Nuke than have Spooner. Nuke isn’t able to shoot the puck, but he does everything else well. He has been setting people up pretty well all year long, but no one has been burying the puck.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Eh idk if Spooner would crack the lineup. He's not really any better than what we have right now and I'd prefer someone younger than that really. What could we add to Val to get Puljujarvi? Doubt he's available like you said but still curious
I don't really see anything that you'd want to part with to add to Nuke for Pulju. Not a good fit I guess.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
With Hanzal beeing medically cleared to play the Stars will have to make a roster decision very soon. If not this week than next week . Hintz could get send down since he's still waiver exempt but he's been good .

So any takers on the obvious candidate on the Stars to get waived Gemel Smith or any of the other guys bouncing in and out of the lineup ?

Any team in need of a bottom line energy forward and interested for a lower round pick ?

Ritchie , Nichuskin and Pitlick could also be available i guess.

I'd have interest in Nuke and Pitlick. Any chance Dallas would be interested in something like

Brassard+Rust, with maybe another smaller piece for
Dickenson/Shore, Nuke, Pitlick - I'm honestly not sure how different the values in Shore/Dickenson are, other than the fact that Shore is a little more proven. But I'm not really familiar with either young guy.

Dallas gets a upgrade in the middle, and a more useful player then Nuke in Rust. Pittsburgh could retain on Brassard to make the cap work.

Dickenson, Nuke and Pitlick is 4.825m in cap out. If PIT retained 50% on Brassard, it would be 5m coming in.
Shore, Nuke and Pitlick is 6.25m in cap out. PIT could retain a little to make the cap hits even.

Crocoduck

Mar 3, 2013
Peterborough, Ont.
I'd have interest in Nuke and Pitlick. Any chance Dallas would be interested in something like

Dickenson/Shore, Nuke, Pitlick - I'm honestly not sure how different the values in Shore/Dickenson are, other than the fact that Shore is a little more proven. But I'm not really familiar with either young guy.

Dallas gets a upgrade in the middle, and a more useful player then Nuke in Rust. Pittsburgh could retain on Brassard to make the cap work.

Dickenson, Nuke and Pitlick is 4.825m in cap out. If PIT retained 50% on Brassard, it would be 5m coming in.
Shore, Nuke and Pitlick is 6.25m in cap out. PIT could retain a little to make the cap hits even.

Dickenson and Shore have had really strong years so far. They've been our most consistent depth guys. Not interested in moving either.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
I think some of you are missing the point - Dallas needs to shed a roster player, not do a one-for-one trade. Picks, prospects or two-for-one's should be the offers.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I was surprised when they chose Smith over Elie.....doesnt' look like Remi's done much with Buffalo, either he's been hurt or a healthy scratch for most of the season.

Smith could be the next to go, either through waivers or shipped away for a low pick to clear room. I don't see Nill rocking the boat too much.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017

So the goal for Dallas is not helping the penguins get better. Dickenson and Shore are playing better than the two guys you threw out. Dallas has no use for Brassard. Dallas does not need an upgrade down the middle and I don’t think Brassard is an upgrade. He would not be the 3c. We have Faksa sitting in that spot. Now if you want to talk kessel sure shore and dickenson are on the table with other pieces but we need a winger. Rust does nothing for me.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Dallas just wants to clear a rosterspot . Not make sweeping changes. If there's a decent deal for something for Smith be it a low pick or some bad prospect for him they'd take that instead of waiving him. Ritchie is probably slightly more expensive. Nichuskin and Pitlick even more so. Stars don't have any capsace left to add anyone right now .

Just take one of our depth players for a pick or a failed prospect. Don't give us anything in the NHL back. We can't use that and don't need it.

A bigger deal including Shore or Dickinson or any other player doing well to potentially mess up some chemistry is not in the books .

If there's nothing well waiving Smith is fine with me too. Would be sad if Roope Hintz is send down he belong in the NHL .

Last edited:

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
With Smith being waived, I think we can close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad