Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] D Matt Dumba signs with the Stars (2 years, $3.75M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

lawrence

May 19, 2012
not surprised he got a 2 year deal.

surprised as hell he got 3.7 especially from already a solid team like Dallas. My gosh. I feel Dallas overpaid, that said, 3 million = other teams were after him so what the hell do I know right?

King 88

Mar 5, 2010
Dumba and Lyubushkin for horrible contracts and you couldnt match that Hakanpää deal better player for cheaper 🤡

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Dumba and Lyubushkin for horrible contracts and you couldnt match that Hakanpää deal better player for cheaper 🤡

I agree that Nill overpaid for both guys, but to be fair, Hakanpaa was a slow skater already and now that he had that knee injury, I'd be hesitate to sign him. Probably why Nill didn't resign him, but who knows.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
I agree that Nill overpaid for both guys, but to be fair, Hakanpaa was a slow skater already and now that he had that knee injury, I'd be hesitate to sign him. Probably why Nill didn't resign him, but who knows.
Dumba/Lyubushkin may replace gaps, but they do not improve the team in a manner that it becomes a championship-level team (if at this point, management is not thinking that, then they're a bunch of fools). There's only so much Miro can do with very little support

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Now Dallas just had to trade for Robo’s brother and they’ll have three Filipinos on the team. Smart marketing move to cultivate a new fan base.
Dumba/Lyubushkin may replace gaps, but they do not improve the team in a manner that it becomes a championship-level team (if at this point, management is not thinking that, then they're a bunch of fools). There's only so much Miro can do with very little support
Harley is a solid #2 and Lindell is a solid #3/4. It’s true this doesn’t move the needle but it’s not as if Dallas’s defense needed a big improvement anyways. Bischel could impress as well.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Now Dallas just had to trade for Robo’s brother and they’ll have three Filipinos on the team. Smart marketing move to cultivate a new fan base.

Harley is a solid #2 and Lindell is a solid #3/4. It’s true this doesn’t move the needle but it’s not as if Dallas’s defense needed a big improvement anyways. Bischel could impress as well.
Disagree on Harley. He is on the trajectory, but he is still has some ways to go to solidify himself as #2.

Lindell is a decent 3/4, but he doesn't bring much offense and Dumba/Lyubushkin at this stage, don't complement him, IMO.

Bichsel "could impress" is a major unknown.

You don't build from 2 straight WCF appearances with that kind of UFA acquisitions and hopes on unrealized prospects or reclaim projects (Nils) on a D unit that clearly looked like it needed more high-level players to get to the final.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad