Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] D Matt Dumba signs with the Stars (2 years, $3.75M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Weird player. Combination of a really good player, and a really bad player. Too young to be finished, IMO. Very likable off ice personality. Wonder what the contract looks like.

meatwad4343

Apr 19, 2018
Tampa
He was basically unplayable for Tampa. Not sure what Dallas is doing here. Dude would fall over himself and give up break aways almost every game and was a turnstile on defense.

paragon

May 5, 2010
Can't say it's the worst contract of the off-season as it's only 2 years, but what a waste of money for a bottom pairing defenseman. He's going to make Stars fans miss Suter.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
An inexplicable atrocious signing. I can't stand him anyway because of what he did to Pavs, but he's cooked. I would rather have kept Suter for another year and I didn't like him. Nill has completely blown this FA and we have regressed considerably. This will backfire as the Stars fans will find it very hard to forgive and forget his assault on Pavs so one error and he's toast.

• Haha
Reactions: ODoyle

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Thought I was the only one who LIKED what I saw out of Dumba as a Yote. Guess not, as Tampa and now the Stars are going to take a flyer on his talent.

There's alot of chaos in his game and that leads to mistakes. But there's a ton of ability here still. If someone can reign in his excesses and get him to play a more smarter, more conservative game. He can be good. Or maybe the stupidity is baked in at this point. We shall see, curious to see how this plays out.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It's amazing teams continue to give Dumba $

He has been atrocious for years and lives off that fluke 17-18 season

You dump Suter who is pretty awful at this point and bring in a far worse defender

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Oooh the flavor of this signing!
He's an actually good person, so I hope he performs well enough that Stars fans start to like him.

You dump Suter who is pretty awful at this point and bring in a far worse defender
That was not a fluke. He suffered a career altering injury in '18-19, at which time he was leading all defensemen in the NHL in goals. He won't be that player again, that's for sure, but he can still be an effective defender in the right situation.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
he's got juice in the tank, will go for big hits and keep the mood light. Absolutely love that Stars bought out Suter, then brought in Dumba. With Suter gone i felt free to like the Stars again but this cements it.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

I will say, that season wasn't a fluke. He was on an even better pace the following season.

Until he tore his pec fighting Tkachuk. That was the death knell for him. His shot never recovered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad