Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] D Esa Lindell signs extension with the Stars (5 years, $5.25M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think this is market value at the moment. With rising caps come rising salaries. Can't expect a 2019 salary in a 2024 cap world.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
That's the price of a good second pair anchor. Decent point production, good PKing, good positioning, maybe a little light on physicality but could be worse.

Going to eventually be hard to replace him.

Reactions: wizemagic

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think it should be capped at 15 when it comes to non-full clauses. 20 just seems too much.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
He's already falling apart and plays the exact game that players like him just become unusable at 32.
1726595951142.gif

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
By the time this deal kicks in, the cap will be 88 million. This deal will be 5.9% of Dallas' cap space.

The flat cap from the last few years has really broken some brains on this site. That's a perfectly fine deal for an important player for Dallas.

Nikita Zadorov got 5 mil per season. Brenden Dillon got 4 mil per. I don't want to hear that this is some bad contract lol
Err the cap already is $88M.

By the time the deal kicks in it'll be more like $92M+.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Knee-jerk reaction is to say that it's a pretty solid deal for both sides. More term than I thought Lindell would get, but also a lower AAV.

Should work out well. Maybe that 5th year is a bit sketchy depending on how Lindell ages, but nothing awful.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Cap going up by $4+ mil next year?

Would definitely love to see it.

Cap will be going up by 5% regularly for at least another three years or so.

Cap is based on HRR. HRR has continued to increase since COVID, but the cap hasn't. Now that the players' debt is paid off, the cap has to catch up to the HRR.

But they put a ceiling on the annual increase because obviously raising the cap $15M in one year would be a bad idea. That batch of FAs would sign absurd contracts and f*** up the entire market.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I mean this is exactly the Adam Larsson extension. Lindell is a year younger so he got one more year of term. Heck, it’s pretty much the Pesce deal as well. These are all virtually the same contracts. They are all around 5.25/5.50 AAV and all run to about age 35.

Analytics and fancy graphs hate guys like Larsson and Lindell because they don’t generate much offense but if you got a defenseman like this, you appreciate it…and if you don’t, you are always searching for one.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Probably a year too long but that's a perfectly fine deal

I mean this is exactly the Adam Larsson extension. Lindell is a year younger so he got one more year of term. Same AAV, IIRC - just 5 years for a 30 year old instead of 4 for a 31 year old.

Analytics and fancy graphs hate guys like Larsson and Lindell because they don’t generate much offense but if you got a defenseman like this, you appreciate it…and if you don’t, you are always searching for one.
Yup they're the opposite of exciting but make a difference especially in playoffs, Larsson could have gotten 5x6 on the open market imo and probably Lindell too

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Cap will be going up by 5% regularly for at least another three years or so.

Cap is based on HRR. HRR has continued to increase since COVID, but the cap hasn't. Now that the players' debt is paid off, the cap has to catch up to the HRR.

But they put a ceiling on the annual increase because obviously raising the cap $15M in one year would be a bad idea. That batch of FAs would sign absurd contracts and f*** up the entire market.

They could still raise the cap as needed and just adjust whatever percentage the max per player is.....what is it now, around 15%?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad