Dahlin fights Krebs in practice

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
The hit is worse than the fight. Legitimately insane to throw such a dangerous hit on a teammate in practice, Krebs could've really been hurt there. You usually only see stupid plays on a teammate like that in rookie camps from undrafted morons trying to make a name for themselves.
Krebs, as the 13th or 14th forward on the Sabres has been transforming his game into “pest” to try to find a niche and stay on the roster.

Krebs injured Tage Thompson with a hit less than 10 minutes into the first practice of training camp.

Krebs allegedly got Dahlin up high in the drill right before this one.

I'm guessing Krebs has been crossing the line too much in practice to try to make a name for himself and Dahlin got sick of it and snapped.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
If you can’t beat the competition you might as well beat your teammates.

I don’t have a problem with the fight soo much as I do the supposed leader throwing an intentional dirty hit.

Last edited:

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
It was a high speed open ice hip check to the knees. What exactly do you think Dahlin was trying to accomplish by a low hit to the knees in that situation? Guys never do that in practice. It’s rarely seen in games now because of how dirty and dangerous it is.
I didn't realize you watched every NHL practice to know so well what happens there :rolleyes:

He was trying to do exactly what he did -- lay him on his ass. No matter how many times you say it, he didn't hit the knees, nor did he aim for the knees.

These are clown takes.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
His teammates would certainly notice if that Dahlin low bridge to Krebs’ knees took him out for months. It was a stupid play by Dahlin. He didn’t like something Krebs did earlier. Square off and fight. That happens in practice. Going after another guy’s knees never does. Dahlin is definitely on thin ice with his teammates after that.
Even if it was a 35 year old AHL 4th liner it wouldn’t matter. Having a player, let alone the captain, purposely trying to take a teammate’s knees out and then jump him is terrible optics. At least Krebs is alright.
NHL has you guys so brainwashed to accept high dangerous hits that cause brain trauma, even without "head targeting", that you think a check at the waist level is dangerous. lmao

This was about as harmless of a check as you can throw in hockey and should be encouraged as the primary form of check thrown.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
If you can’t beat the competition you might as well beat your teammates.

I don’t have a problem with the fight soo much as I do the supposed leader throwing an intentional dirty hit.
How come you have a problem with it but no one involved does? It's funny that you care more than anyone involved in eth incident.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
How come you have a problem with it but no one involved does? It's funny that you care more than anyone involved in eth incident.

I don’t really have a problem with it. Just think as the leader and franchise guy, he needs to handle that better. He’s got higher expectations on him to act a certain way then some depth player fighting to hold a spot on the team.

I don’t think the issue was that big a deal. Like I said I don’t even care that they fought. Shit happens.

Maybe my wording sucked mentioning the word “problem”. It’s not a big deal but also shouldn’t happen. I wouldn’t want my franchise D fighting a replacement level player in practice and risking injury. While not a big deal, this was really stupid. I’ll leave it at that.

Last edited:

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
The last time I saw this much hubub about players going at each other in practice was in 2018-19 with the Blues, who had a crap start to the season. Buffalo, get ready for the Cup.

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Ruff said Krebs got him the drill before with something he didn’t like so he decided to get him back and then they popped off about it. They hugged it out and laughed about it after practice.

It’s the first time there’s been any care or life in a Sabres practice in years.

A positive sign.
Cope lmao

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
I think Scott Stevens and Claude Lemieux fought each other in practice the year the Devils won their 1st Cup, so now we know who'll win the 24–25 Cup.... and who Dahlin will hand the Cup first to (Braveheart aka Krebs).

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
Sabres sure love their dirty hits.
A Tampa Bay fan said this? I chalk up a concussion to a key player from a Cernak elbow or a reckless Kucherov play every time we play you. Also - what Sabres player has put up a dirty hit in the last few years? I have repressed most of the last 15 years of Sabres games as a defense mechanism, but they have been tissue paper soft.

As for Krebs, this is the most notable thing that has happened in his NHL career. He is replacement level forward whose biggest asset (passing ability) is eliminated by having a low hockey IQ. He has some potential yet, so maybe Dahlin is just hoping that a brain injury will allow him to tap into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sabremike

cjm502

Holy Jumpin!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
This thread shows who has never played or been involved with competitive hockey. It sounds like Krebs opened the door for that earlier in practice and Dahlin charged through that door and slammed it shut, I see no problem with this. There are no referees in practice, you have to work the honor system and when that fails you police yourselves.

Reactions: sabremike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad