Dahlin fights Krebs in practice

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Who the heck hip checks a teammate in practice? I like Dahlin, but that is dumb to do in practice.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Krebs and Dahlin are two of the most fiery/competitive guys on the team. Personally, I'm glad to see this kind of passion in practice. The intensity level has been increased this year -- partly by Ruff, and partly because that's what the boys wanted. They basically said in their exit interviews last year, almost uniformly, that they needed more intensity and to be challenged more. Donny G was a good developmental feel-good coach, but they have a different attitude right now.

Krebs has actually been one of Buffalo's best forwards recently, and he is a known shit-stirrer. Dahlin is as competitive as they come, and he is surely not happy with his first 4 games.

By the way, the comments in this thread about Dahlin and Krebs show complete ignorance about both of these players both on the ice and off. I won't single anyone out, but most of you have no clue what you are talking about. I guarantee Krebs isn't seeking a trade, that he and Dahls are just fine, and that the rest of the team isn't bothered by this incident at all -- if anything, they are probably pleased with the emotion. Dahlin has been one of the emotional leaders of this team for a couple of years already. He will continue that as captain.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Krebs IG:

IMG_5377.png

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Ruff said Krebs got him the drill before with something he didn’t like so he decided to get him back and then they popped off about it. They hugged it out and laughed about it after practice.

It’s the first time there’s been any care or life in a Sabres practice in years.

A positive sign.
I love it

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Lmao, so Krebs said he highsticked Dahlin accidentally earlier and Dahlin did this later? What a nutcase

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
It happens.

In some places, there are no cameras on during practice so you never hear about.

I remember koivu getting into it with ribeiro. Ribeiro to this day still talks negatively about Saku so I think there was more to it than a sprite practice

Pretty sure every nhl hockey practices have cameras or reporters present.

It doesn't happen often if the most recent example you can give me is from 20 years ago.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Nothing wrong with this but if I’m Dahlin I probably don’t try and take his legs out with a hit. He should’ve just given him a few knuckle sandwiches from the start if he was going to lose his cool

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
yeah it happens but it’s also embarassing. Keep your emotions in check you’re a grown man. The hit was just plain stupid.

If it was heat of the moment and he started a scrum right when it happened it’s one thing

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Nothing wrong with this but if I’m Dahlin I probably don’t try and take his legs out with a hit. He should’ve just given him a few knuckle sandwiches from the start if he was going to lose his cool

Maybe he should have addressed it at the time. I don’t disagree. But maybe he didn’t process it right away because it’s a practice and he stewed a bit and then acted.

Either way, these men are playing a rugged sport and shit happens. As a Sabres fan I find it refreshing that there is some intensity at practice. Good on Krebs for not giving a f*** who Dahlin is and good on Dahlin for giving it back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad