News Article: Da Costa named AHL player of the week

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today that Binghamton Senators forward Stephane Da Costa has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Nov. 10, 2013.

Da Costa tallied two goals and five assists for seven points in three games last week.

On Friday night, Da Costa recorded two assists including setting up the overtime winner in Binghamton’s 3-2 victory at Rochester. In Saturday’s rematch, Da Costa scored twice and added three assists, tying a franchise record with five points in a 7-3 win over the Americans. And on Sunday, Da Costa converted on his shootout attempt to help the Senators to a 5-4 win in Hershey, their fourth victory in a row.

Da Costa, a third-year pro from Paris, France, has totaled three goals and nine assists for 12 points in 10 games with Binghamton this season, and has also skated in four National Hockey League games with Ottawa in 2013-14. Signed as a free agent by Ottawa on Mar. 31, 2011, Da Costa has totaled 86 points (29 goals, 57 assists) in 113 career AHL contests and seven points (four goals, two assists) in 39 career NHL matches.

In recognition of his achievement, Da Costa will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Senators home game.
Senators dominate everywhere :laugh:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Good for him, has turned into an excellent AHL player & the other players can benefit from that. :handclap:

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I love the guy, but let's trade him while his stock is high! I unfortunately don't see a future for him in Ottawa. :cry:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Good for him, has turned into an excellent AHL player & the other players can benefit from that. :handclap:

Oh how I love that you can seem to give such high remarks to a player while still succeeding in getting your bias in there.

Da Costa keeps playing like that, he'll get another call-up soon. People keep vying for Hoffman without realizing that Stephan is the one feeding him the puck most of the time.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
2nd line center. Turris is our 1st line center

Nope. Spezza plays center on our first powerplay unit and has put out a PPG pace over 600+ games.

Turris production went up because Ryan is on his line, while Spezza produces the same without as much talent on his wing. Spezza #1. Then add on their contracts and what they are expected to do for the team, it's Spezza now and then Turris if Spezza is hurt.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Oh how I love that you can seem to give such high remarks to a player while still succeeding in getting your bias in there.

Da Costa keeps playing like that, he'll get another call-up soon. People keep vying for Hoffman without realizing that Stephan is the one feeding him the puck most of the time.

SDC to me anyway is a very good AHL player but not an NHL player, like Corey Locke. The best thing for him would be if Ottawa were to trade him, I don't see him playing in Ottawa anytime soon. There is also Pageau, do you also think he will be in Ottawa soon? That would be a huge mistake again to have two small centres playing in Ottawa. Maybe with Stamkos hurt Tampa will come calling for SDC, I hope so, I don't think it will happen but I think it would be great for SDC to get another shot but with someone else. If not, I think he will be either in another organization or in Europe next season. We'll see.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I love DaBosta but I think if he gets another shot in the NHL and can't produce it might be time to say he just doesn't have "it".

Too bad because he has magic mitts and great vision to along with his very under-rated shot...I would love it if he could make an impact in the NHL.

Tough to see where spots will open up right now but I would take SDC or Hoffman on the wing with Spezza right now.

Also, if Pageau keeps up 2 ppg pace the Senators will have to bring him up at some point - nothing says Zibby can't be sent back down again either I guess and if his ice time goes down I think it would be best for him.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Nope. Spezza plays center on our first powerplay unit and has put out a PPG pace over 600+ games.

Turris production went up because Ryan is on his line, while Spezza produces the same without as much talent on his wing. Spezza #1. Then add on their contracts and what they are expected to do for the team, it's Spezza now and then Turris if Spezza is hurt.

Spezza was already traded.

Jan 24, 2006
Ottawa

Probably look just at stats right. So. Just look at time on ice and Turris is the first line centre on this team. Centering the best forward on the team in bobby ryan. But eh whatever makes you sleep at night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Probably look just at stats right. So. Just look at time on ice and Turris is the first line centre on this team. Centering the best forward on the team in bobby ryan. But eh whatever makes you sleep at night.

It's interesting watching your type cannibalize players on the team. I wonder what makes you sleep at night...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad