D Vladimir Dravecky - Rogle BK J20, J20 Nationell (2026 Draft)

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
People will shit on Slovak hockey federation and rightfully so to some extent - iirc he was given an exception and could have made the U18 WC squad, but was left out. Stupid decision as they could have simply secured his eligibility even if he were to suit up for a single shift all tournament. And from what I have seen at the U17 tournament to which he got 'demoted' after getting cut from the U18 squad, he certainly wouldn't have been the worst D on that 4th place finish team.

Can't help but think this is mostly a bad look for Dravecky though. If he wanted to represent Slovakia so badly that he even made the transfer to play there for a bit, he should have taken that omission as a chip going into this season and prove leaving him out was a mistake. Instead he comes off as a entitled child who is upset he didn't make the team as an underager.

As a Czech I obviously don't mind his decision at all and to be honest, I am surprised he wanted to play for Slovakia in the first place, considering he grew up in the Czech Republic. But I don't like this attitude and really don't know what to make of it.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
People will shit on Slovak hockey federation and rightfully so to some extent - iirc he was given an exception and could have made the U18 WC squad, but was left out. Stupid decision as they could have simply secured his eligibility even if he were to suit up for a single shift all tournament. And from what I have seen at the U17 tournament to which he got 'demoted' after getting cut from the U18 squad, he certainly wouldn't have been the worst D on that 4th place finish team.

Can't help but think this is mostly a bad look for Dravecky though. If he wanted to represent Slovakia so badly that he even made the transfer to play there for a bit, he should have taken that omission as a chip going into this season and prove leaving him out was a mistake. Instead he comes off as a entitled child who is upset he didn't make the team as an underager.

As a Czech I obviously don't mind his decision at all and to be honest, I am surprised he wanted to play for Slovakia in the first place, considering he grew up in the Czech Republic. But I don't like this attitude and really don't know what to make of it.
I would say it’s more of his decision doesn’t make sense from a timing perspective. If you want to play for Slovakia that you bypass playing for Czechia previously then you shouldn’t be switching so quickly. If you were willing to switch so quickly over one snub, why not play for Czechia in the past when not yet eligible for Slovakia? He missed international hockey by being so wishy-washy.

Very sorry to my Slovak friends. Good news for the Czechs. Either country he is a top prospect. I know he’s a little small, but I think he has the ability to be a high draft pick. A few drafts away, so let’s see how he progresses.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia

This is not a bad look at all for Dravecky in my opinion. He wants to play against the best, and the Slovaks didn’t give him the chance. So he did what he wanted and decided to go to the Czechs.

There should be a ton of criticism agains the Slovak federation which has seemingly once again gone backwards and have been bitten in the ass by complete incompetence. Slovakia has had 1 premier defender in all the draft picks they’ve had in the past 3 years? The U18 project has been hampered. This loss of a player without even really “a return” is simply brutal.

Hopefully Zubak can make this feel less bad but I would bet a large amount of money against this.

Hey but I’m guessing Satan Sr won’t do anything cause all that matters is his son got drafted 700th overall a new weeks ago

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
He was the best defenseman on the U18 project team all year and was cut because he played bad in a friendly match. I think I understand his frustration I would be furious if that happened to me as a 16 years old.

Was that a reason to switch sides? When just a year ago, he claimed that he really wants to play for Slovakia? I don't think so.

This was also two years before his draft so its not like he missed his last opportunity to showcase his talent to all the scouts..

I think SZLH made a mistake by being so passive.. They cant react to anything all they care is about players in the KHL.

Last edited:

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
On the one hand, I wonder about it, on the other hand, I understand it. He has a valid reason for both options. Maybe in the end, the fact that this Czech team could be really successful also played a role, I personally don't remember any of our selections playing so well throughout the season and having so many very promising players. And according to his statement, of course, frustration also played a role, if he said that he did not feel that much interest in his services, then it is clear that his frustration is great..

Reactions: martygod12

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
This is not a bad look at all for Dravecky in my opinion. He wants to play against the best, and the Slovaks didn’t give him the chance. So he did what he wanted and decided to go to the Czechs.

There should be a ton of criticism agains the Slovak federation which has seemingly once again gone backwards and have been bitten in the ass by complete incompetence. Slovakia has had 1 premier defender in all the draft picks they’ve had in the past 3 years? The U18 project has been hampered. This loss of a player without even really “a return” is simply brutal.

Hopefully Zubak can make this feel less bad but I would bet a large amount of money against this.

Hey but I’m guessing Satan Sr won’t do anything cause all that matters is his son got drafted 700th overall a new weeks ago
But he did get a chance and supposedly wasn't good enough in the friendly games prior to the U18 WC. Later with the U17 squad he was clearly the go-to defenseman. Granted that team was missing multiple players, defensemen included, but no doubt in my mind he would have gotten plenty of looks this upcoming season.
Worse players got selected, sure, but that happens all the time in every country. Dravecky wasn't robbed of anything, plenty of major tournaments he will have a chance to play at.

This sudden change of mind somewhat makes sense in three scenarios I can think of - 1. He never really preferred Slovakia and wanted just to use them for an 'easy' spotlight, as he was never making the tournament as an underager with the Czechs. 2. He tried going Slovakia route solely because of his father. 3. Something happened between him and the Slovak coaches/federation and it was severe enough for him to change his mind completely.

If the sole reason for this change is him getting cut from the U18 squad, it's a terrible look from him. Any possible fails from SVK federation notwithstanding.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
3. Something happened between him and the Slovak coaches/federation and it was severe enough for him to change his mind completely.

If the sole reason for this change is him getting cut from the U18 squad, it's a terrible look from him. Any possible fails from SVK federation notwithstanding.
I think he himself made it clear, that this is the case...

Reactions: Harvey Dent

czech

Feb 23, 2009
What other Slovak players could try on the Czech national team uniform in the future? I will indicate the percentage of probability.
5% Halas (27). I can’t say for sure whether this player played in Slovakia for more than two years or less - he played in Slovakia only at a very young age. On one side of the Morava River is the Slovak city of Skalica, where Halas took his first steps in hockey, on the other - the Czech Hodonin. One day, figuratively speaking, a young hockey player walked across the bridge with his stick at the ready and continued his career in Hodonin. For some time he returned to Skalitsa again, but it seems less than two years. Currently plays for Kometa Brno.
5% Horinka (29). Has Czech roots. In recent seasons he has been playing for Pilsen Wolves.
10% Mat. Svrcek (28). Only this season it was discovered in its native Slovakia. Previously he worked in the Czechia (Pilsen Wolves). If he continues to gain a foothold in Slovakia, the Czechs’ chances of luring the player to their side will diminish.
25% Lazovsky (27). There is information from the press that he is considering, or at least has previously considered, such a possibility.
40% Taliga (27). There is information from the player’s inner circle that he is considering, or at least previously considered, such a possibility.
The 2026 draft is setting up to be the best draft for Czechs in a long time. Dravecky, Novotny, Katolicky, Novak. Potentially four first rounders. Could it reach 2017 levels?

@Czechboy
A paradoxical draft is coming. Six very strong prospects (1st/2nd round): Novotny, Novak, Katolicky, Frolo, Larys, and now Dravecky, and no one behind them. This is due to the fact that more than ever, many players born in 08 were born after September 15: Belohorsky, Huk, Tomek, Tomanek, Fodor, Sekanina. In terms of “depth,” draft 27 is expected to be much stronger than draft 26.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
What other Slovak players could try on the Czech national team uniform in the future? I will indicate the percentage of probability.
5% Halas (27). I can’t say for sure whether this player played in Slovakia for more than two years or less - he played in Slovakia only at a very young age. On one side of the Morava River is the Slovak city of Skalica, where Halas took his first steps in hockey, on the other - the Czech Hodonin. One day, figuratively speaking, a young hockey player walked across the bridge with his stick at the ready and continued his career in Hodonin. For some time he returned to Skalitsa again, but it seems less than two years. Currently plays for Kometa Brno.
5% Horinka (29). Has Czech roots. In recent seasons he has been playing for Pilsen Wolves.
10% Mat. Svrcek (28). Only this season it was discovered in its native Slovakia. Previously he worked in the Czechia (Pilsen Wolves). If he continues to gain a foothold in Slovakia, the Czechs’ chances of luring the player to their side will diminish.
25% Lazovsky (27). There is information from the press that he is considering, or at least has previously considered, such a possibility.
40% Taliga (27). There is information from the player’s inner circle that he is considering, or at least previously considered, such a possibility.

A paradoxical draft is coming. Six very strong prospects (1st/2nd round): Novotny, Novak, Katolicky, Frolo, Larys, and now Dravecky, and no one behind them. This is due to the fact that more than ever, many players born in 08 were born after September 15: Belohorsky, Huk, Tomek, Tomanek, Fodor, Sekanina. In terms of “depth,” draft 27 is expected to be much stronger than draft 26.
How about Czech players going to Slovak federation to represent? Any in years you mention?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

I'm a little surprised that neither Frolo is in the nomination (if he was nominated for the tournament, if I remember he played well, but then the coaches stopped taking him to the team) and neither did Nestrasil. Two very good players. Maybe some problem with player access? It reminds me a bit of the situation around young Svozil.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
What a debacle for the Slovak federation. Why wouldn’t they secure his eligibility when they could? It’s not like we’re swimmimg in top defensive prospects.

Reactions: Pazucha

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Neither of those players are in the U16 Slovakia nomination for the upcoming tournament. Dravecky case might not be the biggest problem right now...

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Neither of those players are in the U16 Slovakia nomination for the upcoming tournament. Dravecky case might not be the biggest problem right now...
Yes that Dravecky announcement was like adding salt to an injury after reading the U16 roster.

The worst part is that there is no authority/reporter that would bring this up to the public.

I think if that happened in Czechia it would be all over the social media.

We literally just had a draft with only 1 player selected in the last round and the slovak hockey federation was like yeah lets not invite anyone outside of Slovakia because we have so much talent anyway! :thumbu:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
The 2026 draft is setting up to be the best draft for Czechs in a long time. Dravecky, Novotny, Katolicky, Novak. Potentially four first rounders. Could it reach 2017 levels?

@Czechboy
It might... but 2 years out is a long time and a lot can change. I feel for Slovakia and us getting dravecky tbh. I do think we are starting to produce near Finnish levels with first rounders, picks and results. And I do like the look of this hlinka team. Not saying we are back but this is as good as it has been in a decade. Just s shame our 25 to 32 year Olds are dropping like flies in NHL.. kaut, zboril, Hayek, zadina, kubalik, Viana etc. Lost generation of very promising players.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
It might... but 2 years out is a long time and a lot can change. I feel for Slovakia and us getting dravecky tbh. I do think we are starting to produce near Finnish levels with first rounders, picks and results. And I do like the look of this hlinka team. Not saying we are back but this is as good as it has been in a decade. Just s shame our 25 to 32 year Olds are dropping like flies in NHL.. kaut, zboril, Hayek, zadina, kubalik, Viana etc. Lost generation of very promising players.
Exactly. Although I was not interviewed, I expressed my belief that our production is improving, and quite significantly. But a lot can change in two years, a lot can change in one season as we saw with our U18 selection.
Otherwise, in the last few days, I saw that in the prospects section, a notification about an ignored thread appeared in the preview on the front page (while clicking on it, I did not see anything suspicious in the given topic). That was strange to me, so after logging out I found out that I couldn't see the Czech prospects topic because it was started by my favorite (which is set to be ignored) and I also found out that there was some talk about me. Well, for my American friend Pavel Buchnevich.. maybe I'm not the worst person on this forum, as one unnamed statistician wrote about me.. I firmly believe that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad