D Lars Hutson - North Jersey Avalanche, AYHL 14U (2027 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

The youngest of the Hutson brothers, Lars is a defender like his brothers Cole and Lane. Lars is a late birthday so he isn’t NHL draft eligible until 2027. Unfortunatley he is probably 3rd best of his blueline brothers at the same age. He skates well, has good offensive instincts but it isn’t on par with either of his brothers in my opinion. He doesn’t have the elite vision and explosiveness at the same age. He still should be on the radars of NHL teams based on name value alone, and I imagine he’ll have NTDP interest, either way he should be an interesting case study moving forward.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Assuming he keeps trending as the 3rd best, that's likely a good dman, but will probably be drafted before he should be because of that name recognition.

If Lane is in the NHL and looking decent I bet he (Lars) will go ahead of where he should.

Will be interesting to follow hos progression and likely annoying for him to be compared every time to his brothers

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
I think it would be extremely difficult to be the third brother in a family with so much success. The Hughes brothers all ended up being drafted highly and will get paid. That's great for them. I have to believe they are the exception though. I have to believe this kid is constantly compared to his brothers and that's probably not a good thing. Hopefully he becomes the Luke of their family.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I think it would be extremely difficult to be the third brother in a family with so much success. The Hughes brothers all ended up being drafted highly and will get paid. That's great for them. I have to believe they are the exception though. I have to believe this kid is constantly compared to his brothers and that's probably not a good thing. Hopefully he becomes the Luke of their family.

It's happened several times already.

The Staals. Selected 2,2,12 and 49.

Obviously the Sutter family.

However Lars Hutson doesn't seem to be strong.

Reactions: clevelandcane

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Poor boy, who names their kid Lars? About 30 years too early for that name to cycle back.
Lars Heller
Lars Bender
Lars Johansson
Lars Ricken

It's a very acceptable name.

Especially in the fashion of Aidan, Kaeden, Zachary, etc.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

He's the fourth brother. Just the third who's a defenseman. Quinn (BU forward) is oldest brother. He's a good player but certainly not at the tier of his younger brothers Lane and Cole.

Reactions: clevelandcane

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Lars is pretty standard for Swedish males 70+.
So much the better that his parents did not choose the fashion for stupid first names. Besides, he's not Swedish but even if he was Swedish it's better than the fake first names without stories like Leo, Noah, Theo, Melvin, Lucas, Love.

A people that does not respect its past has no future.

Jorma Heart

Sep 5, 2009
Poor boy, who names their kid Lars? About 30 years too early for that name to cycle back.
metallicalarsulrich.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Guttersniped

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
I've seen him play live multiple times and he is very far off from his older brother in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad