D Landon Dupont - Edge School U15 Prep, CSSHL U15 (2027 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Makar is pretty bad defensively and Toews covers a lot of his warts. He can recover well because of his skating but his in zone especially on the cycle or net front defending I find quite bad.
Makar is the best defensively out of the "elite" offensive D. I mean its really just him, Hughes and Fox, I wouldn't consider Yosi in their tier of dynamic offensive ability (although he is definitely special) but the other two aren't even close.

Is Dupont a 25 draft, did his age change, did you watch the video that was presented twice now?

He is 15 and his draft is 3 drafts away from now and he already looks like he understands posting and his skating will help him a lot defensively.

I have no idea how good defensively Makar was at 15 playing 3 games for the Brooks Bandits in the AJHL after playing the season in the AMHL but chances are that no one was confusing him with a future Slavin.
You're correct but historically he has shown zero interest or consistent ability to play in his dzone besides of escapes when the pressure is low. Can that improve? Yes! But I think he will be a guy to be lucky to play second pairing with a mandatory great baby sitter.

Last edited:

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Makar was an unknown entity at the age we’re talking about DuPont though. Believe it or not, but at the world junior A showcase in Cobourg, Makar was not talked about nearly as much as the much more highly touted Dante Fabbro on Canada West. That was when everyone started to talk about Makar as an NHL prospect.
Makar was a hidden gem in the AJHL but there were question marks due to level of opponent. He truly arrived at Umass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad