D Jakub Vaněček - HC Liberec, Czech-U17 (2026 draft)

czech

Feb 23, 2009
A year ago, he began to closely observe this tall defender. At that time, he played for a small team Havlíčkův Brod, and even then the Liberec coaches laid eyes on him.
At the "Olympics for Children and Youth" tournament (recently ended), he scored the most points among the defenders. The player is always active in the opponent's zone ... he can start the attack himself and immediately finish it ... excellent work of the hands and body (the beginning of the episode, the continuation of the same episode) ... does not hesitate to take the game on himself in counterattacks.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Agreed! Clearly from somebody who has watched these kids play pretty extensively as well...that's always a nice bonus.

Yeah, I love when a prospect thread starts from someone who has seen them play and gives us an insight into the player.

I like to know someone has been flagged based on the eye test and not an elite prospects page.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Thanks for this, the two coast-to-coast highlights are very impressive, even though the competition was likely not high. Odd how all of sudden majority of Czech talent seems to be on the defensive side though.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Continues to please with beautiful goals: a rapid breakthrough in the center and a lightning-fast shot...

Reactions: Czechboy

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Excellent interaction with another young defenseman Lukas Kachlir: in the gif Vanecek (assist), Kachlir (goal).
It’s always interesting for me to watch the games of Liberec-u17, because there are two more interesting underagers playing there: Stanislav Sanejstr and Simon Sejc (both 09).

Reactions: Goodman68

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Somehow I almost completely missed Vanecek from sight. Recently, looking at the team lineups and the results of the u17 league games, I did not find Vanecek in the Liberec team. The younger Kachlir played and excelled, but Vanecek was not in the lineup. Could it be an injury? - I thought. No, everything is okay. It turns out that he has already been playing in the U20 league for the second week, thus becoming the second player from 08 (the first is Katolicky), who was transferred to the league where the guys from 04-05.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad