D Evan Bouchard - London Knights, OHL (2018, 10th, EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
Any team that drafts him will have a tough call to make for next year. I feel that he is too good for the OHL, but not quite ready for the NHL. Would Europe be a reasonable option?

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Anyone else think this guy is really close to his ceiling already?
I don't get to see a lot of Bouchard but i don't think he's tapped his potential. He has a lot of room to grow defensively and can continue to evolve the offensive side. Skating and positional awareness are certainly areas he can make big improvements in.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Any team that drafts him will have a tough call to make for next year. I feel that he is too good for the OHL, but not quite ready for the NHL. Would Europe be a reasonable option?
He could certainly still improve in the OHL imo. He was doing way too much and playing 30mins a night for half the season this year and didnt help his defensive game. Assuming that doesnt happen again he could improve his explosiveness and defense with Hunter & co next year.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Really random call, but of all the D, I think he might fall to late teens or 20's. Would love if the Leafs could take him, but their pick might be too high. His offensive output for a guy who is intelligent defensively and a RHD is quite enticing.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Really random call, but of all the D, I think he might fall to late teens or 20's. Would love if the Leafs could take him, but their pick might be too high. His offensive output for a guy who is intelligent defensively and a RHD is quite enticing.

now why do you say this?

High IQ
2nd best offensive dman available from the CHL
dead accurate shooter. HIs shots hits the net more consistent then ever. LIke a PK Subban
2nd highest shots on goal count among OHL ers. Not among dmans, among OHLers.
this guy checks out on everything.
Only knock is his 1st step when accelerating, and that's overblown too.

Not getting past 7.

Belisarius

Mar 24, 2018
now why do you say this?

High IQ
2nd best offensive dman available from the CHL
dead accurate shooter. HIs shots hits the net more consistent then ever. LIke a PK Subban
2nd highest shots on goal count among OHL ers. Not among dmans, among OHLers.
this guy checks out on everything.
Only knock is his 1st step when accelerating, and that's overblown too.

Not getting past 7.
Who's the best from the CHL? I don't see any offensive defensmen in the CHL from this draft that are better than Bouchard.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

No chance. I doubt there's a team in the NHL that has him lower than 9.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Who's the best from the CHL? I don't see any offensive defensmen in the CHL from this draft that are better than Bouchard.

The man.

the Legend

Ryan Merkley

"Beaudin's really good at royal road passes from circle to circle, Bouchard from the point into mid-slot with a slap pass, Smith by leading the rush. Merkley does all three of those, and way, way more. Truly a special playmaker."

Last edited:

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Intriguing idea.

Out of curiosity, let’s say he signs with Zug in the NLA. Would he be getting paid by them or Detroit?

You can do a lotttt worse than being an 18 year old making 6 figures in Europe.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
not exactly a video but I was able to find this, lol,

and this

sad Canucks wont have a chance at bouchard.

This is very interesting, thanks for sharing.

I wonder if he looks slower when you watch him just because he plays so many damn minutes and is conserving energy.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Intriguing idea.

Out of curiosity, let’s say he signs with Zug in the NLA. Would he be getting paid by them or Detroit?

You can do a lotttt worse than being an 18 year old making 6 figures in Europe.
He'd be paid by the Euro team that signs him, obviously

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
How does his game compare to Ekblad?
His shot isn't as good (Bouchard does have a good shot) as ekblads was during his draft year and I would say that ekblad was also superior defensively. Although Bouchards ability to take up the puck and make good plays is something ekblad didn't have. Bouchard is also a lot better at getting his shot off more frequently than ekblad ever could. I would say overall, Bouchard has a more well-rounded offensive game than ekblad, but is not as good in his own zone.

Reactions: bukwas and 99664987

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
His shot isn't as good (Bouchard does have a good shot) as ekblads was during his draft year and I would say that ekblad was also superior defensively. Although Bouchards ability to take up the puck and make good plays is something ekblad didn't have. Bouchard is also a lot better at getting his shot off more frequently than ekblad ever could. I would say overall, Bouchard has a more well-rounded offensive game than ekblad, but is not as good in his own zone.

Thank you.

Reactions: Castle8130

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Gotta think Ottawa will take him at 4, potential replacement for Karlsson if/when he leaves.

ObscureAlien

May 1, 2016
So who has Bouchard played with that *should* be better than Juolevi? Is it a list jam packed with all star defensemen and top pair NHLers? Or does it pretty much end with 4th round pick Victor Mete?

Yeah it basically ends with those two. Only other draft picks are Martenet, Mattinen, Golden. Crawley played in the AHL this year, and Regula could (probably should) be drafted this year, and maybe Perrott next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad