D David Reinbacher - EHC Kloten, NL (2023, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
So after watching the two games against the Leafs what are peoples thoughts on if he's going to make the Hab's roster or in the AHL? As of right now I think he needs a little more seasoning in the AHL, perhaps only half of the season. To me it looks like he suffers like many other young defenseman with being timid and not committing to what he should be doing fast enough.

He Definitely should be the first call up if someone gets injured though.
I think he looked uninterested at times and it also looked (at least to him) as being some sort of warm up for the main camp.

It’s hard to tell right now but if he doesn’t put on another gear in training (which I think he will) he will need to start the year in the AHL

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I think he looked uninterested at times and it also looked (at least to him) as being some sort of warm up for the main camp.

It’s hard to tell right now but if he doesn’t put on another gear in training (which I think he will) he will need to start the year in the AHL
I don’t think was uninterested lol. It’s his way of playing, he’s a calm type of defenseman and almost never rush any decisions which is impressive. He’s not running around trying to do everything at once.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I don’t think was uninterested lol. It’s his way of playing, he’s a calm type of defenseman and almost never rush any decisions which is impressive. He’s not running around trying to do everything at once.
To my eyes it appeared the game was happening too quickly for Reinbacher and (as a result) he was making mistakes. Those games, even though they were far from NHL players, were exciting. And Reinbacher (from what I saw) struggled with the speed and processing quickly enough.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
To my eyes it appeared the game was happening too quickly for Reinbacher and (as a result) he was making mistakes. Those games, even though they were far from NHL players, were exciting. And Reinbacher (from what I saw) struggled with the speed and processing quickly enough.
Maybe a little bit in the first game but he was amazing in the 2nd game sunday.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Sounds like you're upset that Chicago took Russian hal gill over demidov and now you're throwing a bit of a temper tantrum.

I'm sure you are a very adept judge of potential talent and are completely up to date and frequently watching other teams players playing on other continents, though.
The irony here is incredible. God forbid someone doesn't bow down to your team's prospect and label him a sure-fire superstar.

There are many people who believe Reinbacher is a fairly average prospect. At least relative to many of the D that have been drafted in the last 3-5 years. I think he can be a top 4 D some day if he develops well.

IMO Levshuvnov has 1D attributes but again, by no means a guarantee. Plenty of highly touted prospects, especially d-men, struggle with NHL size/speed.

Reactions: Fatass

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
The irony here is incredible. God forbid someone doesn't bow down to your team's prospect and label him a sure-fire superstar.

There are many people who believe Reinbacher is a fairly average prospect. At least relative to many of the D that have been drafted in the last 3-5 years. I think he can be a top 4 D some day if he develops well.

IMO Levshuvnov has 1D attributes but again, by no means a guarantee. Plenty of highly touted prospects, especially d-men, struggle with NHL size/speed.
Not to turn this into a big comparison thread, but Levshunov is one of the more boggling prospects out there. I think Reinbacher is a pretty safe bet to be a top 4 D, but probably won't ever put up big numbers or be Slavin defensively.

Levshunov makes some of the most confusing choices I've seen out of a dman on the ice, to the point where I'm not sure how to project him. Maybe he's just still very raw, but I'm very interested to see how he develops. Can't say I see 1D at this pace though.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015

I think, if he's able to have the same type of impact against NHLer that's fine. He was quite good. Some players just play their game whatever the level, but being able to sustain that game at higher level is the real challenge.

thebestnic

Jun 29, 2022
Not to turn this into a big comparison thread, but Levshunov is one of the more boggling prospects out there. I think Reinbacher is a pretty safe bet to be a top 4 D, but probably won't ever put up big numbers or be Slavin defensively.

Levshunov makes some of the most confusing choices I've seen out of a dman on the ice, to the point where I'm not sure how to project him. Maybe he's just still very raw, but I'm very interested to see how he develops. Can't say I see 1D at this pace though.
Yah people will compare them because of draft positions + them being RDs, but it's really just as much apples vs oranges as the Michkov comparison

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
So after watching the two games against the Leafs what are peoples thoughts on if he's going to make the Hab's roster or in the AHL? As of right now I think he needs a little more seasoning in the AHL, perhaps only half of the season. To me it looks like he suffers like many other young defenseman with being timid and not committing to what he should be doing fast enough.

He Definitely should be the first call up if someone gets injured though.
Definitely a year in the AHL, and if Savard is traded come deadline cycle he and Mailloux up and down. His last season was a complete disaster outside of his control, I think it would be best to let him play huge minutes in Laval and see if there could be anymore untapped offence

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
He was not struggling at all what are you talking about lmao
I think, if he's able to have the same type of impact against NHLer that's fine. He was quite good. Some players just play their game whatever the level, but being able to sustain that game at higher level is the real challenge.
He barely made any mistakes and his overall play was great. I just think he has another gear that he didn’t show at the prospect tournament. He was playing with more urgency when I saw him in Laval last year

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Came here looking to talk about his play and one of the first posts I see is someone saying Reinbacher played meaningless games in Laval.

To put it into context, he played 3 games in 3 nights, while Laval was fighting for their playoff lives and while he was adjusting for NA ice and still put up points in 11 games along with very good all around play during the hardest games of the year for the Rocket.

What an absurdly idiotic statement.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
One other aspect people tend to forget is that Reinbacher only finished his apprenticeship this summer. He may have three seasons of playing vs pros under his belt but never really was a pro himself. The program he commited to may be designed for young athletes but definitely not for athletes competing in pro sports. Reinbacher did exactly that for three years.

Last year that program included both classes and an internship which I believe was at least a 50% job of 20+ hours per week. Including classes and preparation for those classes we're easily up to 30h per week. Yeah, college players do have to commit time to their studies and CHL prospects get scholarship deals as well but playing juniors or college isn't really the same as playing pro hockey.

Reinbacher did have remote options for both classes and work but when returning to Switzerland after Habs camp the first thing Reinbacher did was to go to work. Directly from the airport.

Just keep this in mind when evaluating Reinbacher's progress. Development is never linear but I wouldn't be shocked to see him make big steps now that he's able to not just play vs pro's but actually live the life of a pro as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad